Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186879 times)

yb

Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2008, 01:55:21 am »
I'm waiting for word from Peachy as to the cost of the notice, but I'm hoping we have enough for both that and some really nice flowers.  8)

Meryl

I just sent my contribution through PayPal, please check if you have received it.  Thanks for doing it.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2008, 02:14:45 am »
Meryl

I just sent my contribution through PayPal, please check if you have received it.  Thanks for doing it.

The payment came through, Betty.  Thanks!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2008, 02:24:14 am »
I just want to say I'm so proud to be a member of Bettermost!

:-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2008, 02:37:37 am »
I just want to say I'm so proud to be a member of Bettermost!

:-*

Here here!  :)

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2008, 02:55:35 am »
Got the proofed copy.  Heath's name and date of birth/death, followed by the pic, then the notice.  I think it looks smashing.   8)  I hope it comes out well tomorrow.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:50 am »
I have been thinking about mouk. 

I didn't get to overlap with her much in Alberta, and really our one chance to talk was inside a fast food place while we waited together for some of our fellows.  She is from France and is about as pretty as can be.  I got such a good feeling from her.  Though she doesn't come on BetterMost a lot, and posts even more rarely, she is a true Brokie and a lovely human.  I feel a tiny bit like Daniel Day-Lewis talking about Heath, in that I found her story inspiring to me personally.  I love that with how one thing led to the next, that's how come her photo end up here. 

:-* to mouk.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2008, 03:19:52 am »
Got the proofed copy.  Heath's name and date of birth/death, followed by the pic, then the notice.  I think it looks smashing.   8)  I hope it comes out well tomorrow.

Yay, Peachy, thanks for all you are doing!  Is there a way we can see it somehow when it comes out?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2008, 03:20:33 am »
I love that with how one thing led to the next, that's how come her photo end up here. 

:-* to mouk.

I'll second that! The dedication and thoughtfullness she put in that tribute (not to mention plowing through all that snow) makes this such a heartfelt tribute.

Merci Mouk!  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2008, 04:06:34 am »
OMG guys, Meryl sent me here, I can't believe this is happening. Thank you all, and thank you Peachy for organising it down in Perth and a thousand thanks Ellemeno and Fabienne for your kind words. I feel so honored and overwhelmed, I am shaking and crying. I was thinking of you all when I was at that Campsite, there were so many fond memories from the summer. This photo is from and for all of us.

I am so grateful for meeting you guys, and for your friendship, which I hope will last for ever.

It is true that I don't post much, I am not much of a communicator. Truth is, BBM has dominated my life every single day since my first viewing on 26 Jan 2006, couldn't quit it if I tried to. By making J&E so real, Heath and Jake took me to hell so that I could, finally, feel alive again. I owe them so much more than I can ever say, or comprehend myself.

I did like the photo of Heath / Ennis very much, it was so very relevant and it really is a shame we could not use it. (But I won't complain too loud  ;))

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2008, 04:46:47 am »
This is so wonderful!   :)   I am so glad that Mouk's photo will be used and I'm sure it will be special and mean so much to Heath's family.

A huge thank you to everyone who has worked so hard on this and to all the other BettterMost contributors.   :-*

I totally agree with Fabienne about being so proud to be a member of Bettermost!

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?