Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188271 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Sending group condolences and flowers to Australia
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »
Meryl, Please keep us posted as to the final amount.  If it is more than anticipated, I can contribute more.

Thanks.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

mvansand76

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2008, 05:46:34 pm »
Meryl, Please keep us posted as to the final amount.  If it is more than anticipated, I can contribute more.

Thanks.

Same here...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2008, 06:25:15 pm »
Count me in for everything.  Wording is great with "our".  2nd picture.  Donation on its way.  :)

Same for me!  I like the personal nature of using the "our" and I think the second picture with Ennis in the background is very appropriate for BetterMost.  It's a nice photo too.  Donation is coming....

Thanks so much for taking the lead on this High Priestess!  :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2008, 07:15:14 pm »
Same here...

Same here (although once I get paid at the end of the month)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:26 pm »
Update from my friend in Perth:

Okay, I will organise that.  Unfortunately it's now Sunday, and Monday is the Australia Day public holiday, so it looks like the notice won't go in until Wednesday.  I don't think that should be too late though, I'm sure his family will be saving all the notices.   I've never done one with a photo but I've forwarded your email to my work address.  The Sunday Times said the funeral service site/details were still undecided, but we'll see.

Donation update:
Eleven donations totaling just under $300.  Several people are sending checks to me.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2008, 08:42:58 pm »
Done.

Please do.

I prefer the second picture, it represents him and us.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2008, 11:16:37 pm »

Thanks.

Same here Meryl......

Jack

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 12:31:37 am »
I have just found this thread and would like to say, as an Australian, that I am very moved, indeed, by this beautiful gesture from my BetterMost friends.

I agree with the wording of Meryl's tribute/obituary, verbatim, and would personally prefer that the second pic accompanied it - the one with Ennis in the background.

For the benefit on my non-Oz friends, The West Australian  newspaper is a quality, respectable newspaper. It is not a sensationalist tabloid newspaper.

Just one question - On what date will our piece be appearing? I think I read something about it appearing next Tuesday? Would that be wise? Shouldn't it appear on the day of Heath's funeral? Heath's family and loved ones will all be sure to be in Perth on that day, and they will all see it. I appreciate that someone will be designated to collect such items from the newspapers for the family, but it would be nice for it to be posted on the day of the funeral, so that all Heath's friends (Jake, for example) will see it when they are there.

Another couple of questions - How big will our notice be? Whereabouts in the paper will it appear (front / back)? Will it be in colour or B&W? All of these things crank up the price.

I will be sending through my PayPal contribution shortly.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 12:40:29 am »
Just one question - On what date will our piece be appearing? I think I read something about it appearing next Tuesday? Would that be wise? Shouldn't it appear on the day of Heath's funeral? Heath's family and loved ones will all be sure to be in Perth on that day, and they will all see it. I appreciate that someone will be designated to collect such items from the newspapers for the family, but it would be nice for it to be posted on the day of the funeral, so that all Heath's friends (Jake, for example) will see it when they are there.

Another couple of questions - How big will our notice be? Whereabouts in the paper will it appear (front / back)? Will it be in colour or B&W? All of these things crank up the price.

Kerry, thanks for the info and your donation.  As far as I know, the earliest the notice can appear is Wednesday.  Do you know the actual date of Heath's funeral?

As to where the notice will be and how big, I'm leaving that up to my friend from Perth who is placing it for us.  She'll let me know what's going on, possibly Tuesday, when she gets back to work, since Monday is a holiday in Australia.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 12:50:43 am »
Kerry, thanks for the info and your donation.  As far as I know, the earliest the notice can appear is Wednesday.  Do you know the actual date of Heath's funeral?

As to where the notice will be and how big, I'm leaving that up to my friend from Perth who is placing it for us.  She'll let me know what's going on, possibly Tuesday, when she gets back to work, since Monday is a holiday in Australia.

Will we also be sending flowers to the funeral as a group?  I would also like to contribute to flowers. If we are sending flowers to the funeral, perhaps the same message could accompany them?

I've not yet heard of a confirmed date for the funeral. I'm relying on BetterMost for all my news. You're the only ones I trust right now.

Let me know if we're sending flowers. I'll add more to my PayPal payment if we are.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν