Author Topic: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus  (Read 264308 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2010, 02:24:30 am »
Opens nationwide here in the USA on Friday!  :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:24 am »
Sophia and I finally got to see TIoDP tonight.

I had very mixed feeling sitting down in my seat, knowing this would be the last time I would get to see a new movie with Heath.
Before the movie started the showed a Prince of Persia trailer btw.

I think I was also afraid that I was gonna hate the movie. I wanted to like it, I wanted Heath to be brilliant in it.

And I liked the movie from the start and couldn't wait for Heath's character to appear. I was prepared for what kind of entry he would make, still to see him hanging there...tears began to flow down my cheeks. That scene felt soooo long.

It was really enjoyable to watch Heath - they way he talked, his movements and facial expressions (which often reminded me of The Joker).

Often I forgot to concentrate on the action, simply because I was so wrapped up in watching Heath or listening to that distinct voice of his. I didn't want to miss anything he did or said.

I think it worked out well with Farrell, Law and Depp. Of the three of them, Jude Law was definitely my least favourite. I though that Colind Farell did a very good job and he seemed relaxed in his  role.  

I felt sorta anxious throughout the movie. Every time Heath was off-sceen, I was afraid he wasn't coming back on again and I didn't want that. I wanted more and still do damn it.

Overall though, I had a lot of fun watching. I laughed quite often and so did the rest of the audience The theatre was almost full tonight.

It´s been an emotional evening, hence my shortreview.

(Monika) :-*

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and emotions.

Imaginarium will start in Germany this Thursday - though not in a cinema near me. I will have to wait at least one week longer. :-\

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2010, 12:30:46 pm »
I had very mixed feeling sitting down in my seat, knowing this would be the last time I would get to see a new movie with Heath.
Before the movie started the showed a Prince of Persia trailer btw.

I think I was also afraid that I was gonna hate the movie. I wanted to like it, I wanted Heath to be brilliant in it.

And I liked the movie from the start and couldn't wait for Heath's character to appear. I was prepared for what kind of entry he would make, still to see him hanging there...tears began to flow down my cheeks. That scene felt soooo long.

It was really enjoyable to watch Heath - they way he talked, his movements and facial expressions (which often reminded me of The Joker).

Often I forgot to concentrate on the action, simply because I was so wrapped up in watching Heath or listening to that distinct voice of his. I didn't want to miss anything he did or said.

I think it worked out well with Farrell, Law and Depp. Of the three of them, Jude Law was definitely my least favourite. I though that Colind Farell did a very good job and he seemed relaxed in his  role. 

I felt sorta anxious throughout the movie. Every time Heath was off-sceen, I was afraid he wasn't coming back on again and I didn't want that. I wanted more and still do damn it.

Overall though, I had a lot of fun watching. I laughed quite often and so did the rest of the audience The theatre was almost full tonight.

Monika, you told it just as I experienced it.  Apprehension, sadness, laughter were all there.  Thanks so much for your review.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2010, 01:12:22 pm »
You put it so well Monika, it was everything  :-* :'( :laugh: ::).....waiting....  :o there he is ... ;) :laugh: :'( :-* 8) :) but I just gonna add one more thing to our TIofDP night together. A thing that haven´t got to do with emotions, its something totally different is seeking after tattooos. WE defently found two. Now I wounder have anyone seen more?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:29 pm »
Weather permitting I'll be away for a couple of days. But hope to see it next week, when I'm back home again.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2010, 05:20:58 pm »
It's finally opening in Boston this Friday!  Lynne and I are making plans....

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2010, 05:24:41 pm »

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2010, 12:04:56 am »
This is a must-see on my calendar too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2010, 02:26:35 am »

I wish I could join you guys...  :(

I'm thinkin' on driving up to Oakland to the Grand Lake Theatre. They even play the Wurlitzer organ and all.  Maybe I'll ask Marie if she wants to go...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:09 pm »
I wish I could join you guys...  :(

I'm thinkin' on driving up to Oakland to the Grand Lake Theatre. They even play the Wurlitzer organ and all.  Maybe I'll ask Marie if she wants to go...

I wish you could too, Eric...maybe check in with Linda and John too?   :-*

"Laß sein. Laß sein."