Author Topic: HEATH ON MY MIND..  (Read 14577 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: HEATH ON MY MIND..
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 09:59:10 pm »
Really?! 

One time I walked into my local Starbucks, right across from work... and they were playing the BBM soundtrack.  I almost fell over.

BBM in Starbucks,!!!! I want to come and live there.My closest Starbucks plays what I would call elevator music,and that is probably being kind.I would have dropped down on the spot.Probably spilling coffee as I went!!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 10:36:32 pm »
BBM in Starbucks,!!!! I want to come and live there.My closest Starbucks plays what I would call elevator music,and that is probably being kind.I would have dropped down on the spot.Probably spilling coffee as I went!!!

Yeah, my Starbucks frequently plays really cool music actually.  Often Bob Dylan and other folk music.  They went through a funny, nostalgic Grateful Dead phase.  And, yes, one time a while back (this was at least several months ago) it was clear that they probably had the BBM soundtrack CD in because they played more than one BBM song.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 11:17:42 pm »
Yeah, my Starbucks frequently plays really cool music actually.  Often Bob Dylan and other folk music.  They went through a funny, nostalgic Grateful Dead phase.  And, yes, one time a while back (this was at least several months ago) it was clear that they probably had the BBM soundtrack CD in because they played more than one BBM song.

A grande cappucino,coffee and chocolate brownie and BBM soundtrack in the background,that would make me a very happy bunny.As it is I use the drive thru.I am envious of you.!!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 11:59:04 pm »
It's funny, I really like local and independent coffeehouses and I try to patronize those kinds of places a lot.  But, I also totally love my Starbucks across from work.  The baristas all know me and it's usually a pretty fun atmosphere.  I think the managers for different Starbucks franchises must make a big difference from store to store... about atmosphere and things they allow the workers there to do.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 01:32:19 am »

I was in a Starbucks today and noticed they are selling a CD with great folk music on it, including a Nick Drake song.  I had never heard of Nick Drake til Heath introduced us to him.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 02:02:56 pm »

I was in a Starbucks today and noticed they are selling a CD with great folk music on it, including a Nick Drake song.  I had never heard of Nick Drake til Heath introduced us to him.

Hi Elle,

I saw the same CD with Nick Drake at my Starbucks too.  I still have never actually listened to anything by Nick Drake (as far as I'm aware), but now I'm certainly curious about him.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 03:55:19 am »
Hi Elle,

I saw the same CD with Nick Drake at my Starbucks too.  I still have never actually listened to anything by Nick Drake (as far as I'm aware), but now I'm certainly curious about him.

There are quite a few YouTubes of him, many now mingled so they are also tributes to Heath.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 01:16:54 pm »
I was introduced to Nick Drake many, many years ago by my brother in law. 'Nothern Sky' is one of my favorites. It's a brilliant song.

[youtube=425,350]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=1oitSlHi3MY[/youtube]

I never felt magic crazy as this
I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea
I never held emotion in the palm of my hand
Or felt sweet breezes in the top of a tree
But now you're here
Brighten my northern sky.

I've been a long time that I'm waiting
Been a long that I'm blown
I've been a long time that I've wandered
Through the people I have known
Oh, if you would and you could