Author Topic: Laughter Through Tears Is My Favorite Emotion  (Read 11933 times)

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
Laughter Through Tears Is My Favorite Emotion
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »
True story here.  Last year I was studying music theory, really basic stuff like staffs and clefs and Every Good Boy Does Fine (which I confuse with All Boys Taste Good or something like that). 

One day, my teacher (who's a friend) and I were reviewing some stuff. 

She asked me what the additional lines used to extend notes beyond the staff were called.  I correctly answered, “Leger lines,” and she said, “Keith,” and I said, “Huh?”, and she said, “Keith!” and I said, “What?” and she said “KEITH!” and I said, “I’m sorry, but I don't understand,” and she said, “KEITH LEDGER!” and I said, “Oh!  I get it!” 

And I laughed and laughed. . . at her, not with her.  This, from the woman with whom I saw “Brokeback Mountain” AND “Casanova.”  Bless her heart. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Laughter Through Tears Is My Favorite Emotion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:53:18 am »
 :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:19:30 am »
As Chanterais said in the Malaysian Subtitles thread, "Ah, the sweet, simple joy of laughing at people."  :)

(All Boys Taste Good :laugh:)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:44:59 am »
Oh, Malaysian Subtitles. That was one of my favorite threads of all time. I was about to go to bed, but now I have to go read that thread right now.  :D

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:45:43 am »
This just occurred to me.  The friend I told about is in SAG.  She was complaining to me that one of her fellow SAG members was chosen to be on the award nominating committee and how that friend slept through the movies (when she went at all).  My friend thought she should be on that committee since she took it all so seriously and went to see every screening she possibly could.  

It was probably just as well for Heath.  With her on the committee, he wouldn't have been nominated for anything.  But Keith Ledger might've sweep the awards!  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:41:23 am by smellykellyjay »
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:35:51 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:48 am »
True story here.  Last year I was studying music theory, really basic stuff like staffs and clefs and Every Good Boy Does Fine (which I confuse with All Boys Taste Good or something like that). 

Boy, you brought back a memory that I haven't thought of for years and years.

My grandmother taught piano. And she tried to teach me piano, for a very long time, until she gave up and realized it was hopeless. She was always amazed that I learned to type.

Anyway, she said it as Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge and I always said, "Why is it only the boys who get the fudge?" LOL

Thanks for helping me remember, Kelly...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 02:37:28 pm »
Kelly  :laugh:

I just added to the number of people Googling for Keith Ledger, just to see what comes up.  ;D

I feel sorry for anyone who might actually be named Keith Ledger, because he will not have the satisfaction of finding himself linked to online!  I looked at the first 21 pages, then skipped to page 30, then to page 39 of the listings, where I finally found a mathematics textbook authored by one Keith Pledger.  All the rest of the links were to Heath, or sometimes to Keith Urban or Toby Keith.  One was to an article in a paper called The Ledger about a couple with a gay son who was attacked.  To all the Keith Ledgers out there, I feel your pain.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »
I learned it as "Every Good Boy Deserves Favor."

Scott6373

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 07:58:39 pm »
I was from the "Does Fine" school of bad piano teachers...LOL