Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 71895 times)

yb

Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2008, 07:39:10 pm »
Jake is really the godfather of Matilda. 

At an interview of the BBM crew at the backstage of BAFTA 2006, Heath was asked if it was Ang who's the godfather of Matilda, Heath told the interviewer it was Jake, Jake and Michelle then joined in to confirm it.  I can't find the clip on YT but I've seen the interview so it's definitely true.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2008, 12:03:17 pm »
Has anyone heard anything about Jake yet? I thought, as did most of us I suppose that he might have made some sort of statment by now, but to my knowledge he hasn,t. Mind you, what would he say? I just hope he,s ok whatever he is doing and wherever he is.
(((((((((((((Jake)))))))))))).

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2008, 12:06:35 pm »
Yes, Eonline spotted him with two friends at a Rufus Wainwright concert in L.A.  It was a one-line mention.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2008, 12:40:16 pm »
Yes, Eonline spotted him with two friends at a Rufus Wainwright concert in L.A.  It was a one-line mention.

Excellent choice!  ;D

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2008, 01:27:41 pm »

I wonder if Wainwright ever plays BBM songs in his concert playlist.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2008, 04:14:32 pm »
Interestingly enough, Rufus had a concert in Perth on February 9th.

According to this RufusWainwright.com, Jake was at the February 12th show at the Wiltern Theatre in L.A.  In Post #5570050, bynmar posted:

"It was a seated venue, but a lot of the crowd got on their feet for 14th Street and Beautiful Child. It was fun to see Jake Gyllenhaal two rows behind us standing, dancing and singing his heart out to 14th Street...."

BTW, during the concert Rufus did make a reference to Heath Ledger.  It's discussed further down in the comments. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2008, 04:26:13 pm »
Interestingly enough, Rufus had a concert in Perth on February 9th.

According to this RufusWainwright.com, Jake was at the February 12th show at the Wiltern Theatre in L.A.  In Post #5570050, bynmar posted:

"It was a seated venue, but a lot of the crowd got on their feet for 14th Street and Beautiful Child. It was fun to see Jake Gyllenhaal two rows behind us standing, dancing and singing his heart out to 14th Street...."

BTW, during the concert Rufus did make a reference to Heath Ledger.  It's discussed further down in the comments. 

Thanks Fran! 

This is currently a hot topic over in JJJ too.

Offline kellyd

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »
I'm kind of new here.  Can someone please tell me where I can find the Jake, Jake, Jake thread?  Thanks!! ;D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2008, 10:51:05 pm »
I'm kind of new here.  Can someone please tell me where I can find the Jake, Jake, Jake thread?  Thanks!! ;D

Welcome kellyd!  So glad you've found your way to BetterMost!

The Jake, Jake, Jake thread can be found here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1113.0.html

It's one of our classic threads over in the forum known as "Chez Tremblay".   It's largely photos and a celebration of all things related to Jake.  Its twin is of course, Heath, Heath, Heath... also nestled in the Chez Tremblay forum.

:-*

Offline kellyd

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2008, 11:10:05 pm »
Welcome kellyd!  So glad you've found your way to BetterMost!

The Jake, Jake, Jake thread can be found here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1113.0.html

It's one of our classic threads over in the forum known as "Chez Tremblay".   It's largely photos and a celebration of all things related to Jake.  It's twin is of course, Heath, Heath, Heath... also nestled in the Chez Tremblay forum.

:-*

Thanks for the welcome and the help!  I appreciate it!! :)