Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 72609 times)

mvansand76

Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2008, 01:31:20 pm »
I almost commented at the time (just a couple of days ago, really) that perhaps Jake would be going to the Oscars then, since they seem to have this mysterious aversion towards being seen "officially" in public together.

Yeah, I really wonder what is up with that. Why don't they own up to the fact that they are together? Nothing is keeping them from doing that, right? Reese is officially not married anymore. In a way, it really annoys me, and it makes me think that it's not that serious between them. I mean if you are in love, who cares if the press sees you together at official things?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2008, 01:36:18 pm »
well if nobody minds my putting in my two cents, I know that Jake was on the host list for the Night Before party, and was assumed, at least, to be at that event anyhow.  It is easy to speculate that "they don't want to be seen together" or that they are doing something in some sort of intentional way but that may just as easily not be the case.

Outside of promotional events for his films I don't know that Jake has ever really sought out paparazzi attention.  That being said, I saw an item on Gawker that showed him walking to his car with a crossword puzzle in his hand.  So he is still out and about - maybe she's busy with her children!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2008, 02:28:13 pm »
I don't feel that it's pure speculation, Louise. We may just have to agree to disagree there. They've been dating since filming Rendition and thereabouts, and it's months and months since Reese's divorce became final, and yet there's not been one single pic as far as I know of events with them together which they attended - officially - as a couple.

All there is are some pap pics that are non of our business, to that I would agree....

Given the level of events they attend or are likely to attend on the basis of their Hollywood "status" and roles etc. it can't be a coincidence that they never appear together. Couples normally do go out together, when they have a chance to, - in Hollywood and in Real Boring Ordinary Life where I live - so it has to be deliberate on their part. And that to me is odd, when we're talking two unattached eligible adults. It's not as if they need sneak around and try to hide their relationship from the world.

Yes, it's none of my business, but nothing concerning anything Jake or others do off screen is my business, so this is not special in that regard.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2008, 06:50:09 am »
I think there's a big difference between being photographed by a pap than on the red carpet. Paparazzis tend to have powerful lenses and take your picture from a far, so it is possible that Jake and Reese not always notice they're being photographed while out on the streets. Even in those pictures in which they appear looking at the camera, it may not be so. In the red carpet however, journalist are allowed to ask questions. That's why the whole red carpet business is all about (besides showing the latest fashion). IMO Reese and Jake are avoiding being seen together on red carpets because they don't want to talk publicly about their relationship. Sure, they can say "no comment" but they're going to be pressed somehow into speaking or are going to be portrayed as mean for refusing to answer. Many hollywood couple show up separately at these events to avoid this sort of questioning, but that does not mean they aren't together. Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are a recent example. She showed up alone at the Oscars and he went with his mama and his brother. He did not allow anyone to take a picture of him with Penelope. However, a journalist for El Pais who was assigned to cover the Oscars told about Penelope and Javier being a couple and all at the Oscars after parties.

Edit to add: Some celebrities go to these events because they're required to by contract but stay and hour or so. Reese looks like the kind of person who would that. She shows up, smiles at the cameras, goes inside, shakes hands with the important people, and heads home.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2008, 07:39:04 am »
Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are a recent example. She showed up alone at the Oscars and he went with his mama and his brother. He did not allow anyone to take a picture of him with Penelope. However, a journalist for El Pais who was assigned to cover the Oscars told about Penelope and Javier being a couple and all at the Oscars after parties.

Are they a couple? I thought they were friends? I thought I read somewhere that he lives in Spain with his long-term girlfriend Cristina?

Offline opinionista

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:29 am »

Are they a couple? I thought they were friends? I thought I read somewhere that he lives in Spain with his long-term girlfriend Cristina?

According to the press here they're a couple. He was living with Cristina in 2003, but apparently they broke up. He dated for a while another Spanish actress: Belen Rueda who stared with him in The Sea Inside. I have run into Javier Bardem many times in the street, doing different things. He seems to live somewhere near my building because I have seen him in the supermarket, the movie theater, in the bars with his friends, having a coffee at a bar near here, and always by himself or a male friends. Never ever with a woman. That doesn't mean anything of course but for a while I thought he was single. Since he's been linked to Penelope Cruz I haven't seen him anywhere. 
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2008, 08:50:45 am »
According to the press here they're a couple. He was living with Cristina in 2003, but apparently they broke up. He dated for a while another Spanish actress: Belen Rueda who stared with him in The Sea Inside. I have run into Javier Bardem many times in the street, doing different things. He seems to live somewhere near my building because I have seen him in the supermarket, the movie theater, in the bars with his friends, having a coffee at a bar near here, and always by himself or a male friends. Never ever with a woman. That doesn't mean anything of course but for a while I thought he was single. Since he's been linked to Penelope Cruz I haven't seen him anywhere. 

How cool that you have tun into him several times. I was amazed to see pics of him from premieres and realise he's quite handsome in a rugged way. I almost didn't believe he was the same person as in "No country for old men". Is he handsome in real life?

Offline opinionista

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2008, 09:08:47 am »
How cool that you have tun into him several times. I was amazed to see pics of him from premieres and realise he's quite handsome in a rugged way. I almost didn't believe he was the same person as in "No country for old men". Is he handsome in real life?

No, I don't think he's especially handsome. He's got a big head and a thin body. But he is sexy. There's something about him that makes him sexy. He seems to be very nice and shy, but I don't know. I have never spoken to him, though he was once right next to me at the snack bar at the movie theater. I usually see him at the other side of the sidewalk, or far inside a bar. This is the only time I have been this close to him. Out of respect, I just pretended he was a regular folk. It was the late show so I imagined he went at that hour to avoid stares and people asking for autographs.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2008, 11:15:22 am »
Jake and Reese attend another party together:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/features/5575701.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:09:25 pm by MilAn »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2008, 06:05:41 pm »
He's got a big head and a thin body.

According to a friend of mine who's met/seen several out and about, this can be said about most actors, and of both genders.  I bet he's short, too, hunh?  :)
No more beans!