Author Topic: Project! We Need Pictures  (Read 41814 times)

gattaca

Re: Project! We Need Pictures
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 10:09:25 pm »
I don't know if this will work, but here's a thumbnail of a mountain south of the Catalina Range in Tucson which I can see from my house. I took this at the Sonoran Desert Museum.

I'll email you the fullsize photo.

horo35

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2006, 11:04:16 pm »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:49:49 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2006, 01:52:32 am »
These pics are of course where Ennis picks up his supplies.  It's quite the hike down a steep path to get to this bridge but well worth it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:50:07 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2006, 01:59:14 am »
This house is in Calgary and is where Monroe & Alma lived.  I wanted to take a pic of me in front of it but someone lived there so I decided to take a quick pic and get out of there! lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:50:22 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006, 02:04:47 am »
This is the alley where Jack picks up the mexican prostitute.  It's actually in Calgary behind a boxing gym! lol  In the movie it's at night but you can tell it's the right place especially where I'm standing.  That's the spot where the prostitute is leaning against.  The pic taken from inside the alley showing out is in the movie but they show mexican style buildings which were props they built but as you can see now its just an empty parking lot.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:50:36 am by horo35 »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05:30 pm »
Those are great pictures horo35, thanks!  When we have our trip to Alberta next year, those will be very helpful.  Do you live in the area?

Phillip, my brother spends his summers playing for a music festival in the Tetons.  He's also an accomplished amateur photographer, and he recently sent me these great Wyoming pictures.  The red rocks are north of Rawlins in the Wind River region:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

horo35

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2006, 12:29:35 pm »
Those are great pictures horo35, thanks!  When we have our trip to Alberta next year, those will be very helpful.  Do you live in the area?

Phillip, my brother spends his summers playing for a music festival in the Tetons.  He's also an accomplished amateur photographer, and he recently sent me these great Wyoming pictures.  The red rocks are north of Rawlins in the Wind River region:

Hi..yes I do live in Calgary, Alberta.  It's very nice around here...hope you enjoy your visit.  I like the one pic of yours of the mountains...looks like the same one they used in the poster shot...very cool.   8)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2006, 12:57:26 pm »
Hi..yes I do live in Calgary, Alberta.  It's very nice around here...hope you enjoy your visit.  I like the one pic of yours of the mountains...looks like the same one they used in the poster shot...very cool.   8)

My brother will be glad you liked his shot!  8)

Glad to know a Calgarian, horo35!  If you have any input that might be helpful to us tourists, here's a link to the Alberta visit thread.  Maybe we'll manage to meet up next year.  :)

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3408.0
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2006, 06:30:16 pm »
Horo34  and Meryl
These pictures and the guided tour are fascinating
I will be watching this thread for more.

I have been experimenting with screen grapbs from the movie and I created a special round of the ABCz complete with "pizelized paintings".  Some of them are quite good, even if I have to say so myself.  But I would give anything to be able to walk the "Brokeback Tour" with Horo35.
And Meryl these photos are so cool.  But of course that is the real Wyoming.  - lol.

Thanks guys.
oops my pids are at
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=462.msg76452#msg76452

and at
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3976.msg76530#msg76530
and I will probably be adding more there.

But nothing can take theplace of the real earthly pics.

More More More Please.

Toast

horo35

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2006, 07:24:18 pm »
These pics here are from the scene where Ennis walks to the bar in Riverton and ends up geting into a fight with a guy in a truck.  In the 1st pic I'm trying to walk where Ennis  is before the truck almost hits him.  This building is now empty with the neon signs gone and is actually located in Blackie, Alberta. In the other pic you can see the Blackie community hall building (a few couple of doors down from bar) which is also seen in the movie.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:51:03 am by horo35 »