Author Topic: Project! We Need Pictures  (Read 41936 times)

iluvchocolate

Re: Project! We Need Pictures
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2006, 11:24:12 am »
Well people.  I have been looking forward to today for a bit.   Horo35 and I are ditching thje kids for the day and going to some of the sites in upper Kanakis.   I just love the idea of no kids with us.  He plans to go to the scenes we need to hike. So bug him tonight for pics people!!~!! ;D ;)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2006, 11:45:34 am »
Well people.  I have been looking forward to today for a bit.   Horo35 and I are ditching thje kids for the day and going to some of the sites in upper Kanakis.   I just love the idea of no kids with us.  He plans to go to the scenes we need to hike. So bug him tonight for pics people!!~!! ;D ;)

Cool! Have a great time!  *Envies*   8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Mountain Hike Pics
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2006, 12:44:57 pm »
Hi guys
I can't wait for your mountain pics.
Even if yu don't find the exact spots, any pics of the area are great.
I like the way you released the pics over a few days last week.
you are a gentleman Horo and Mrs. Luv.
I hope you have a great day together.
Don't catch too many fish, though.
Toast  (Morey)

ps according to the info in your picture files, you have a Kodak C340 camera and you could be getting much more detail in your pics.
Personally, I love to zoom in on pics and check out details and compare them to the movie.  Any chance you will be using a greater resolution for your pics in the future, to show us more of these details?  I know this means you will get fewer pics on your card, but sometimes ...
M
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:49:57 pm by Toast »

horo35

Re: Mountain Hike Pics
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2006, 10:45:02 pm »
Hi guys
I can't wait for your mountain pics.
Even if yu don't find the exact spots, any pics of the area are great.
I like the way you released the pics over a few days last week.
you are a gentleman Horo and Mrs. Luv.
I hope you have a great day together.
Don't catch too many fish, though.
Toast  (Morey)

ps according to the info in your picture files, you have a Kodak C340 camera and you could be getting much more detail in your pics.
Personally, I love to zoom in on pics and check out details and compare them to the movie.  Any chance you will be using a greater resolution for your pics in the future, to show us more of these details?  I know this means you will get fewer pics on your card, but sometimes ...
M
Actually the pics are quite detailed but I had to downsize the pixels in order to post em on here.  Ohh and I have an extra card on my camera so I can pile em on! ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 10:46:51 pm by horo35 »

iluvchocolate

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2006, 10:51:08 pm »
I posted this on a different thread earlier today I was excited about it and in a rush to start our little BBM tour ( and get rid of our kids for the day  ;) ) but here is what info  I posted and then more:

**************NEWSFLASH***************
I just spoke with the wife of the owner Of the Twist house.  I was hopeing we could get in today but he's out harvesting.  Looks like we may be able to get in next week!!!! She told me to call back at the beginning of next week.

I also wanted to add that they are in the process of perserving the twist house!!!!

horo35

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2006, 11:18:11 pm »
Well we went to the mountains today and found all the spots we wanted to.  We first wanted to go to the shot where Jack & Ennis jumped off the cliff in the buff.  But when we got to the area the guard wouldn't let us in due to construction.  Ohh well..I guess we'll have to get some connections on how to get in! ;)
  1st pic is the scene where Ennis & Jack are riding horseback by a lake.  This is a beautiful area as seen in the 3rd pic of surrounding area.  2nd pic is movie shot..wish I couldve got a nice crystal clear shot of lake but just wasn't happening.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:53:58 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2006, 11:28:22 pm »
And actually right next to there is the winding road where they show Jack & Ennis speeding off together in the truck.  I thought I wouldnt find it but its very distinct as your driving north on the 724 hwy.  Although as you can tell it is the same mountain..from the movie it looked like they super-imposed it somehow...it looks larger in the movie.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:54:11 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2006, 12:03:31 am »
Ohh and as we drove around we saw one of the area townfolk having an outdoor picnic!  When you leave Canmore to go on hwy 742 you will actually have to drive up a mountain side...and this is usually crowded with mountain sheep on the road...so be cautious.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:54:21 am by horo35 »

iluvchocolate

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2006, 12:07:15 am »
Yeah this "townfolk" stuck around for his picture... on our way in they was several of them having a "town meeting and picnic" ;)

Can someone tell me why they were eating the side of the mountian????? ???

horo35

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2006, 12:17:55 am »
Here is the scene where Jack & Ennis have a final meeting.  The 1st pic is where Jack says the famous line of "I wish I knew how to quit you!"  This area is popular with people so it was hard to get some shots.  Cars and people were everywhere...it was a g-ddamn bitch of a unsatisfactory situation! :D  Jack is actually standing in front of a parking lot...as you can see in the second pic. This is of course where Ennis speeds off after the so called dozy embrace scene.  It's hard to tell from this pic cause of all the cars.  Also the outhouse on the right doesnt help either!  In the movie it looked like they used props or a computer add in to cover it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:54:35 am by horo35 »