Author Topic: Project! We Need Pictures  (Read 41802 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Project! We Need Pictures
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
WOWIE!!

Thanks for those amazing pics, you lucky Brokies!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

horo35

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2006, 01:49:28 pm »
Here are some pics I took awhile ago of some mountains I thought that looked nice.  I was looking at one scene from the movie and I realized that was the same mountains in this pic I took.  I dont think I was in the right spot but I was definately looking in the right direction. Wow... Stroke of luck I guess! 8)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:54:49 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:06 pm »
This area is what you see when approaching the major campsite seen in the movie.  You walk down this  rather large hill and come to the hill where they fight on, the dozy emrace scene and the pole bridge.  As you can see it's quite the scenic area!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:55:10 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2006, 02:04:37 pm »
1st scene you will pass is the fight scene.  I thought from looking at the movie they were way up in the mountains somewheres but this is actually a small hill located in a valley.  I was surprised with the location.  2nd pic I'm sitting where Ennis sat but they somehow used a different shot.  Ennis looks quite close up while that little dot in the corner..well thats me.   Im not that good with photography... But the other shot of my wife turned out better.  It is a very beautiful area.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:55:24 am by horo35 »

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
We Have Site Location Pictures
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2006, 02:50:15 pm »
Horo and Luv

I feel like this is my birthday
I am about to post my 1000th post on Bettermost
and You guys are giving me my favourite gift.
MORE pics from shooting locations of Brokeback Mountain.
And yu are promising even more pics

Toast
ps did you do your laundry by the pole bridge?? --oops

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2006, 02:59:49 pm »
Horo35 and iluvchocolate:

Thanks for the amazing photographs and the commentary, too.  Even more thanks for including the movie shots, too, so we can compare the shots.  The scenery sure is beautiful! 

Toast:  Thanks for steering me in this file's direction.  IOU!

iluvchocolate

Re: We Have Site Location Pictures
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2006, 04:04:16 pm »

ps did you do your laundry by the pole bridge?? --oops

toast I was trying to get horo35 to strip and do his laundry....can't even to get him to clean his clothes for a reenactemnt of a movie.... ;)  he was too worried too worries more BBM fans would stumble on him...... OH and do you think he'd sit around for our OWN dozy embrace ???  he was too excited that he had found the spot!! LOL it was so cute to watch him all excited.... I just can't believe that these site are in my own backyard and I never knew it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 04:15:17 pm by iluvchocolate »

horo35

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2006, 04:05:52 pm »
Well after the hill scene right away you notice the pole bridge.  Not sure who built it but it's fairly sturdy...not sure if one needs it cause Goat Creek is quite small and shallow as you can see.  Well I posed right by where Jack sat and sure enough there was a big stick sittin right there..so I just had to grab it and do the laundry thing!  But I did leave it at the same spot for someone else next time.  I was going to get buck naked but figured maybe that was going too far!! :laugh:  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:55:37 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2006, 04:13:17 pm »
More surrounding pics of pole bridge.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:55:49 am by horo35 »

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2006, 05:56:47 pm »
Hi horo35...your pics are truly amazing and I enjoy looking at them very much.  In the view of the mountain with the truck you state "...from the movie it looked like they super-imposed it somehow...it looks larger in the movie."

In comparing the movie still to your shot, noticing the narrow width of the curve in the road and the tops of foreground trees, it appears to have been filmed from a greater distance and a higher elevation than yours.  Additionally, the movie camera with it's super tele-photo lens compresses the scene, making the mts appear larger and closer.

Again, your shot of the truck driving away with the outhouse visible is just the opposite; the movie still was taken from a closer view.  Notice the tops of the trees in your shot and the expanse of sky, compared to the movie still.  I caught this immediately because  the diagonal tree trunk just to the right of the truck in the movie still is much larger, indicating it was a much tighter crop. 

I pick up on a lot of these subtle things, having been a professional photographer.  The camera you are using (and I know nothing about it) is probably not the kind you would use to exactly duplicate a movie still, but you are showing the general locale, and that is the important object for this project.  Keep up the good work...Doug