Author Topic: Montel Williams - "Way Too Much News Coverage of Heath Ledger"  (Read 7278 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Montel Williams - "Way Too Much News Coverage of Heath Ledger"
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:28 pm »
Thanks Moremojo...

Louise, no time to embed this but here is the video: http://mediamatters.org/static/video/oreilly-20070116-kidnap.wmv  Watch Greta's stunned frozen smile reaction.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 07:44:33 pm »
ew.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
God, I love Keith Olbermann.

And good for Montel.  Never had much respect for him, because I frankly just don't care for that kind of programming in general.  But I appreciate his going out on a limb, there.  Especially since he's absolutely right.

When there's real news to report, I suppose it's one thing.  But analyzing the crap out of something that's really none of our business in the first place, and at the expense of grieving loved ones besides is, as Keith would say, reprehensible.

Oh, and Rupert Murdoch is the Devil.
No more beans!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:32 am »
The psychic witch? 

:laugh:

You know she lives here in the South Bay, and her offices are jes' down the street from me.

She was buying ads in our yellow pages and asking prices, and I felt like asking her "Don't you know what the prices are?"  :laugh:

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:34 am »
Didn't Montel go off on someone recently, 'tellin' them he was gonna kill them or something?  I remember hearin' somethin' about him goin' off on someone... 

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:20 pm »

Those are precisely the kind of shows that perpetrate that kind of blue journalism.
semi news and information.  Its all rehash and sensationalism.  Montel is one hundred percent right.  Our news stations here in portland and our governor.  Always mention the names of
the men killed, specially the ones from Oregon. Our governor and our news media also attend'the memorials and the funerals of those servicemen.......but maybe its more intense here because
we have the largest number of service men and national guardsmen here with repeat tours
being the norm.  rather than an exception.  We have many young men here in the national
guard.. Those so called week end warrriors.  On their third tour of duty in Iraq.  How dare
those money driven, ratings whores fire someone who finally speaks a truth for once.

It just shows how low and depraved it has all become.  Ghouls and grave robbers all.

Beautiful mind