Author Topic: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)  (Read 17770 times)

mvansand76

Re: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 04:19:04 pm »
I played one of Heath's favorite songs instead.

We miss you so much, Heath, I hope you realise how much we love you for what you gave us...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 04:26:27 pm »
It was such a gift to bond with Heath and all of you for a few minutes.  It felt very powerful.  Thank you again, Celeste.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »
Thanks to all who participated for joining in.  Feel free to continue posting your experiences. 

I love the sense of connection with the essence of what it means to be part of the human family in a moment of loving silence.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:35 pm »
Thanks to all who participated for joining in.  Feel free to continue posting your experiences. 

I love the sense of connection with the essence of what it means to be part of the human family in a moment of loving silence.

I felt connected with you all, and the ages.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 04:57:22 pm »
I logged on into chat, only to be quiet together with other Brokies. Maybe this sounds silly and contradictorily, but to me it made perfect sense.
I was glad to see Janice and Joe Ann in there.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 04:58:50 pm »
I went on little walk with my cats keeping me company - Brokie and Sayif (meaning 'summer'). Nobody but me around. It is probably too cold outside. But I felt warm and apeased, thinking about Heath's wake and the beautiful sunset and all the smiling people. I was thinking about his loved ones and also Jake. I hope he has someone to keep him warm and to comfort him.

[Sayif]

[Sayif and in the back Brokie]

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Seaweed727

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • We are all better when we are loved.
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:17 pm »
Celeste,

Thanks so much for your most thoughtful idea.  Have read all the messages sitting here alone and in silence and letting the tears roll down across my cheeks.  As a part of the grieving I have witnessed too much disagreement, scorn and hate expressed at times.  Thankfully, that's not the case here as much and I wish everyone peace, but especially for Heath's soul, to his family, loved ones, and friends.

This has been a lovely gesture and hopefully carries as much healing power and understanding as attempted by Mrs. John Twist when placing her hand on a grieving Ennis' shoulder in the movie.

Thanks again.
"I got a boy, eight months old.... Smiles a lot."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:58 pm »
Earlier when I said we'd be at French class, I forgot that 3pm ET is noon PT.  So I was actually at an event with The Parrot Lady and her parrots.  She had three South American parrots who interacted with the kids and did stuff, as she told us about the rain forest. 

After a while she said something like, "And now, for something really special, I will bring out our only Australian parrot!"  Her saying "Australian," reminded me to check the time.  It was two minutes to Moment of Silence.  So, sitting there, with kids and parrots and moms, I had my moment with you all.  Love, Clarissa

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »
I read a couple of prayers for Heath while I sat quietly at my desk.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 03:00:39 am »
thanks for the video and the words.

I've already seen the playlist, Old Man isn't on it. But I'm sure I'll be thinking of Heath anyway. It's difficult not to....

HE DID, HE DID!! Neil Young apparently changed the playlist and suddenly there it was, solo, just him, his guitar and harmonica. I was fighting back the tears. I'm sure Heath did this!

It was a very special moment during an absolutely fantastic concert!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'