Author Topic: Share Your Tarot Card Readings!  (Read 50226 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Share Your Tarot Card Readings!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 01:25:37 pm »
Lynne, della, Elle, and Jack, you just have to let me know a time when you have a half-hour or so to chat via phone or in the chatroom. I could do the reading without making contact with you, but I think it would be more meaningful if you were present (in spirit enniway) while I am drawing the cards. I will then send you the results by PM or email. I'll provide a little interpretation, but not much. It's up to you to figure out what it means. There's a ton of info available on the Internet, or you can get books at your local bookstore or library.

Shortly, I'll post my year-end reading here!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 01:30:08 pm »
I can do a phone call anytime, Lee.  I still have your number stored, so PM me a time that works for you.  Chat may be problematic until I get settled again.

Thanks!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
I'm looking forward to doing some readings this weekend. In the meantime, here's the one I did for myself when celebrating with Brokie friends on New Years Eve, 2008:

2009 New Year Tarot Reading: Lee

Top:
Page of Cups

Don’t get upset if things are not going as you hoped. Be open to alternatives and prepare for a change in plans. Think before reacting. Beware of childish behavior.

This is the daydream kid; head in the clouds, rarely paying attention. They've got a great imagination and love telling or being told stories, but they're also overly sensitive; very kind and sweet, they'll bring you a flower, try to rescue sick birds or abandoned kittens, take very seriously the death of a goldfish. When sad, they're the saddest kid you ever saw. When happy, they're positively blissful.

Left: Knight of Pentacles, reversed

This teen appreciates the very best things money can buy - not only because he likes such things, but because he doesn't like to stand out. He's got projects going, jobs on the side, he fears not having what others have, not fitting in. In comparison to the Knight of Wands, however, this teen likes being at home. He needs to have his own room or secret place, and woe to anyone who goes into that room or changes it in any way. This teen has his own organization system for everything. On the negative side, this teen can be far too solitary, too concerned with perfection, what he does or does not have, or earning a place of respect. Fear of failure or competition or standing out may keep him from leaving his room. He values and protects beautiful things and is a loyal employee if treated right.

Reverse this card, however, and now you need to watch this guy. Instead of diligence, you've got sloppiness. He may appear to be working, but he's coasting. And if you give him money to buy something, he's going to find a way to buy it cheap so that he can pocket half that money. He is bitter and envious of anyone who is already a success and living large. He's likely to be a brown-noser, ready to ingratiate himself with those who can help him climb that ladder to wealth and the good life. He will do nothing for those who haven't money or connections.

He'll never leave a tip, he'll always ask for separate checks. Contrariwise, he might well be a reckless if small-time gambler, blaming his bad luck on others and never himself.

If not a person, this is a card about travelling over land on foot, hiking or cycling. Getting lost is a likelihood - take a compass and make sure your cell phone is charged. Watch out for washed out or muddy trails, and take a first aid kit.

Center: Strength (XI)

Love conquers all. Avoid pettiness and prejudice. Try to be a peacemaker. Weigh all sides of every situation. Don’t be so set in your ways that you miss the big picture by focusing on the details. Stubbornness is your challenge of the moment.

This is a card of courage and energy. It represents both the Lion's hot, roaring energy, and the Maiden's steadfast will. The innocent Maiden is unafraid, undaunted, and indomitable. In some cards she opens the lion's mouth, in others she shuts it. Either way, she proves that inner strength is more powerful than raw physical strength. That forces can be controlled and used to score a victory is very close to the message of the Chariot, which might be why, in some decks, it is Justice that is card 8 instead of Strength. This card assures the Querent that they can control not only the situation, but themselves. It is a card about anger and impulse management, about creative answers, leadership and maintaining one's personal honor. It can also stand for a steadfast friend.

The Strength card represents a Vestal Virgin tending a sacred flame. And this, I think, is one of the best interpretations. Fire is a fearful thing, hot, burning - all too easily able to spark out of control. But somewhere along the way, we lost our fear - but not our respect - for fire. And with will and intelligence, we made it our tool. And I think it worth understanding and saying to the Querent, that as with fire or taming a lion, you might get burned or scratched a few times by that which you're trying to control, be it a situation, a person or your own unworthy impulses. The important message of the strength card is not to give up. To have the courage to keep at it till you succeed and to have the faith and optimism that you will succeed.

Right: Ace of Wands

Aces are the root force. They are the spark. Relate them to the Magician, who presents the tools to the Fool. They have no purpose yet, but are filled with raw potential. They are the active energy of the suit ready to be used. They can also indicate direction or season, though which stands for which is often debated. Here are the "usual" directions and seasons. If, however, they don't feel right to you, the reader, use whatever works best.

A new spark of energy for a new passion. This usually indicates that the querent has just discovered a new religion, philosophy, cause or career choice. They feel their energy go up, they feel the heat, and they want more of it. They take up the wand and start to walk.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 09:30:25 pm »
Lynne, della, Elle, and Jack, you just have to let me know a time when you have a half-hour or so to chat via phone or in the chatroom. I could do the reading without making contact with you, but I think it would be more meaningful if you were present (in spirit enniway) while I am drawing the cards. I will then send you the results by PM or email. I'll provide a little interpretation, but not much. It's up to you to figure out what it means. There's a ton of info available on the Internet, or you can get books at your local bookstore or library.

Shortly, I'll post my year-end reading here!!

Fire away Lee, sight unseen.  My schedule is so wonky right now, I can't imagine when I could have a free half hour not taken up with multiple tasks/interruptions.  I trust such readings, I've done them before myself.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »
Fire away Lee, sight unseen.  My schedule is so wonky right now, I can't imagine when I could have a free half hour not taken up with multiple tasks/interruptions.  I trust such readings, I've done them before myself.

I enjoyed very much doing the reading for Lynne yesterday and tonight I am preparing for your reading, friend Della!! This is your night and I'm looking forward to it very much!!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 10:56:35 pm »
I enjoyed very much doing the reading for Lynne yesterday and tonight I am preparing for your reading, friend Della!! This is your night and I'm looking forward to it very much!!

Yay!  Me too!

I think your reading will go well, cold as it is.  I once met an internet friend who only knew me from my postings and he remarked that I was a rare internet friend in that I turned out to be just as up front and outspoken in person as I was online.  ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 04:13:33 pm »

It was fabulous to hear your voice yesterday, FriendLee.  It felt like Estes Park was just yesterday.  I miss you.  Below is the reading you sent me - thank you!  I have some initial impressions but I want to ponder some, then I'll come back and post more:

Lynne 1-23-09

Top: IV of Wands
: A bluebird in flight over a flower and a heart-shaped assemblage of intertwined wands.

Wands represent fire. Their key element is willpower...flames are constantly in motion when wood burns, and when you are in motion, you show the "fire" within you. Wands symbolize germination and growth because they are fuel, potential energy, and nourishment for the fire. Other associations include wood, the phallic symbol, children, roots or ancestors, vitality, fireworks, hellfire, male inheritance, the sun, and "knock on wood."

IV is the eye of the tiger, where power, spirituality, vitality, and light face the four directions in a circle of fire. You can find your source of power by recognizing the two genders within you. Learn to live with the contradictions of life. Find the courage to overcome contradictions and limitations so you can see the creative possibilities in them.

Bottom, left: VI of pentacles, reversed (also called disks): A loaf of bread fresh from the oven, with a beanstalk intertwined around it. There are three seed-shaped disks on the vine and three on the bread pan.

"Realised Needs." Satisfy other people's needs thru the use of your talents.

These cards address practical matters as befitting the earth, the physical body, and finances. Disks is often represented by mirrors, so everything here is pointing to Ennis. Disks refer to the constant interplay between what we accomplish and that which defines us. Sometimes what looks like a simple rock becomes hidden gold.

Bottom, center: II of swords, reversed: A person sitting at a table with his head in his hands, looking towards the sky. The two legs of the table are shaped like swords, and there is an animal under the table, a coyote or dog,  or fox.

Your ability to see  merit in all arguments hampers your need to make decisions. Don’t vacillate and aim for cooperation, not confrontation.

Bottom, right: II of cups, upright: Two people are dancing, holding a beanstalk that has two cups intertwined.

You will make peace with someone who did you wrong. You receive a happy surprise, such as a love letter or a new relationship. You won’t buy into social pressure.

While the two's often show a division between opposing things, they can also show a cooperation and mutuality between two things, people, or ideas. The Two of Cups in particular portrays this aspect of the meaning of the number two very well. The Two of Cups displays the image of a couple in love, but it by no means is limited to this one experience. The Two of Cups represents the merging of emotions. One might say it reconciles opposite emotions and brings them together so rather than compete with one another, they compliment each other.

It is interesting that the first two cards drawn are in the suits associated with Ennis, and the latter two are in those associated with Jack. It is also interesting that a card from all four suits is in your reading. Also, there are no higher Arcana cards at all, indicating to me that this is a very practical, day-to-day message about how you live your daily life, and it does not have to do with cataclysmic changes either in your life or in the world.

This seems to me to be a very positive and happy reading about progress and satisfaction that you may already be beginning to realize in your life. I may be reading into this my hopes for you but it speaks to me of you finding a goal to your journey and a companionable spirit to share it with.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
I'm glad you liked the reading, friend Lynne, and I loved hearing your familiar voice too! I'm going to have della's reading finished this afternoon and PM'd to her, and I have time to do one or two others! Step right up!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 11:02:20 am »
Lee waits patiently for the next querent (Que"rent\, n. [L. quaerens, p. pr. of quaerere to search for, to inquire.] An inquirer. [Obs.]) to appear, shuffling her cards absent mindedly.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:57 am »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."