Author Topic: user names  (Read 43430 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: user names
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 03:05:36 pm »
Mine is, of course, what Alma Jr. tells her mother when Ennis drops off the girls in the grocery store. I love this line because, like so many seemingly throwaway lines in BBM, it actually holds much more meaning than is immediately apparent. In fact, it kind of captures a theme of the entire movie.

Everyone needs crayons -- i.e., color, pleasure, happiness. Ennis denied those for himself throughout hs life. It's as if Alma Jr., even at five (or however old she's supposed to be there) recognizes this need. When Alma Sr. says "Not now," she's saying, subtextually, that "now," at that point in their lives, there is no opportunity for color or pleasure. At the end of the movie, Alma Jr. presumably is finally about to get her crayons.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 03:24:33 pm »
Mine is, of course, what Alma Jr. tells her mother when Ennis drops off the girls in the grocery store. I love this line because, like so many seemingly throwaway lines in BBM, it actually holds much more meaning than is immediately apparent. In fact, it kind of captures a theme of the entire movie.

Everyone needs crayons -- i.e., color, pleasure, happiness. Ennis denied those for himself throughout hs life. It's as if Alma Jr., even at five (or however old she's supposed to be there) recognizes this need. When Alma Sr. says "Not now," she's saying, subtextually, that "now," at that point in their lives, there is no opportunity for color or pleasure. At the end of the movie, Alma Jr. presumably is finally about to get her crayons.

That's why she broke out in that glorious smile!! I love your name, ineed, and the fact that YOU chose it!!

Oh, my name is Front-Ranger because I live on the Front Range of Colorado. That's the range of smaller mountains that stands in front of the Big Ones on the Continental Divide. No, I am not a ranger and do not sing "Home on the Range" all the time!! But I do wield a mean frying pan!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 03:37:48 pm »
I'm Jeff. I wear Wrangler jeans (because Levis are too baggy in the oh-never-mind). End of story.  ;D

Too baggy where Jeff, round ya bum or your errrrrrr "thingy". Come on now don,t be shy lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline optom3

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 03:50:14 pm »
Mine is very boring,sorry, optom short for optometrist,my career,(back in the U.K) 3 for the 3 kids I have.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 04:08:11 pm »
it's my name.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 04:16:08 pm »
I'm a Belgian Brokeback Mountain Fan.

It was my first username I had to pick myself, ever! I had never registered on any forum before BBM. Other people are much better at this! LOL

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 04:18:18 pm »
I,m named after one of Ennis,s horses, Souxi, in Leslie,s ALBFS.  :)

Leslie, I guess I never told you this. But my kids and I have decided a while back that if we ever get a horse, he or she will be called Twister!  :laugh:
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 04:22:29 pm »
Leslie, I guess I never told you this. But my kids and I have decided a while back that if we ever get a horse, he or she will be called Twister!  :laugh:

Oh, wow, thank you! What an honor!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
Snavel is the pet name my boyfriend uses for me... It's Dutch for beak of a bird...

8)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 10:37:45 pm »
Snavel is the pet name my boyfriend uses for me... It's Dutch for beak of a bird...

8)

:laugh: that's funny!  why a bird beak?????