Author Topic: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday  (Read 130798 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »
I never wear horizontal stripes (it's an "I think they make me look fat" thing), but I wore a red striped shirt purchased specially for Heath's birthday, and so many people commented on how much they liked my shirt. 

I thought it looked good - those stripes and that red suit you!

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 10:21:42 am »
Not sure. For the last 4 years or so, I have volunteered as 'face-painter' in the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF - www.bifff.org). I am not at all into this kind of movies, but it's fun because for one night (usually the Friday to Saturday) people who want to attend the festival's ball ("Vampires Ball") have to be dressed up and their face painted. With a group of volunteers we do just that all night through. Painting faces (mostly horror-film-related faces.. ). The volunteers have to have their faces painted too.

Anyhow, this year's festival's ball is on the 5th (a Saturday - if it had been on the traditional Friday it would have been on Heath's birthday), but I am thinking of having "The Dark Knight"'s Joker face painted on me, but I am hesitant. It would all be too morbid, kind of...  :-\

If I sense that I'll chicken out I'll buy something striped before the 4th and wear it that day.

j. U. d. E.

I chickened out. Partially. The shirt I'm wearing is striped though. You can't see it but it is. Also, I painted my mouth kind of like the Joker, but didn't paint my eyes black. It would have been too sad..

Very nice pictures everyone!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 02:55:16 pm »
Love the pic!!!!  Looks great!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

mvansand76

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 03:45:14 pm »
I chickened out. Partially. The shirt I'm wearing is striped though. You can't see it but it is. Also, I painted my mouth kind of like the Joker, but didn't paint my eyes black. It would have been too sad..

Very nice pictures everyone!

j. U. d. E.

WOW!!!!!! This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 04:13:50 pm »
Woooh! Thank you guys!

Now, seeing my face on this picture I think I should have tried to do the JOKER face all the way.

Oh well. At least I had my way to remember Heath's birthday!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 05:35:52 pm »
I thought the pic was great!

Like you said though, we all remembered Heath in our own way, and that's the important thing.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2008, 12:47:39 am »
whichever way you chose is the right way  :-*

I had breakfast with a fellow Heathen and a beach ceremony to honor him. Then I got a tattoo and met friend for drinks to toast him.

The next day was sad and depressing as hell. I cried for a good part of it because I felt so empty and let down. I think I was under the impression that doing all of that would make me feel better about the situation but it didn't because at the end of the day he was still gone. Go figure...

Heathen

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2008, 06:19:26 am »
The next day was sad and depressing as hell. I cried for a good part of it because I felt so empty and let down. I think I was under the impression that doing all of that would make me feel better about the situation but it didn't because at the end of the day he was still gone. Go figure...

I know what you mean. I was quite down that weekend after the day too. I guess it's still early days though, and like with the passing of anyone it'll take time before it's not so raw and immediate.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 08:23:03 am »
Quoting myself ::), but it has been a while...

Additionally to wearing stripes I had planned to hang a little cowboy hat into a tree on the fields were I walk my dog. It's made of plastic and I put a hole in it with a heated needle. I'll use a nylon thread and hope it will hang there for a long time. Will do this on Monday.

It's been more than three months and the cowboy hat is still hanging in the tree. On the day I hung it there in April, there were no leaves on the tree and it was bitterly cold. My fingers went all numb while fiddling with the thread and the anyway weak batteries of my camera quit their duty completely.

But this week I took some photos.

It's the second tree from the right, the one next to the more bushy one (and yes, that's my dog). The trees stand at the bank of a very small creek between two fields.

Approaching

See the blue thingie between the leaves? That's it. I know the color is odd for a cowboy hat, but choosing a somewhat odd color seemed so fitting for a tribute for Heath.

A close look

A view from the other side, leaving the place (therefore it's now the second from the left)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 01:09:16 am »
That's great Chrissi, and you are very fortunate to have that area to walk in.  I'm glad you have that little hat to visit.  :-*