Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129359 times)

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00:24 pm »
Ahhh now I see. Thanks for the compliment!!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2008, 04:52:19 am »
Ahhh now I see. Thanks for the compliment!!!

Thanks for the "Thanks"~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Here's when I officially became a novice..  August 28, 1978     30 YEARS~!   This guy looks like he could be my son~!  LOL
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2008, 11:26:43 am »

Here's when I officially became a novice..  August 28, 1978     30 YEARS~!   This guy looks like he could be my son~!  LOL

Beautiful portraits! Both of them!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ZK

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2008, 04:41:45 am »
 ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:15 am »
Happy Monday BetterMostians.

Today I'm feeling very summer-y and casual.  I don't have any big appointments of meetings at work today... so I gave into my casual mood when getting dressed this morning.

I'm wearing pale lavendar, wide-legged pants that are made out of the same material as typical khaki pants, a white v-neck t-shirt and over the t-shirt I'm wearing a funky long-sleeved 70's style  shirt that I got at a vintage store in Philly a few years ago. It has a really strong, retro pattern on it and is mostly purple, burgundy and tan.  I'm wearing the 70's shirt open, sort of like a jacket.

For a long time in grad school I collected these funky 70's shirts from vintage stores.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008, 11:31:21 am »
That outfit sounds wonderful and just perfect for the creative environment that you work in! Today I'm dressed pretty corporately, with a light skirt covered with adobe and green tulips and a summer weight ivory sweater, with a ceramic heart around my neck on an adobe silk string painted with adobe, green and brown flowers. My only nod to the real world is the green sandals I'm wearing instead of corporate shoes.

On the weekend I ended up borrowing my son's jeans to wear because they fit me perfectly and are worn to just the right shade of pale Brokie blue. My son is quite a bit taller than me, but his jeans fit me since I wear them just below my waist,  not hanging off my butt with 6 inches of boxer shorts showing, like he does!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008, 06:15:07 pm »
I never looked at this thread before, but just read the whole thing through in one sitting.  On the spectrum of dressy, the only one here more casual than I usually am is brokeplex.  :)

I went out this morning to take my husbie to his hand surgery (he broke his finger), and wore rayon sort of palazzo/gaucho pants with a fine (meaning small) black and white pattern on them, a turquoise sleeveless tank, with a deep violet linen long sleeve shirt over it.  And slide sandals.

When I got home I took off the top part and replaced it with the t shirt I was wearing yesterday evening, which I bought as a tribute to Ennis and Jack a couple of years ago.  It's a "nice" T shirt in a soft cotton, with a blue and brown mosaic-ish pattern on it.  (I'm pretty sure I wore it at some point at last year's BBQ, because I wore it a LOT last year.)  The pattern clashes with the pants, and I'll adjust the outfit before  go out again.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2008, 07:48:40 pm »
On the weekend I ended up borrowing my son's jeans to wear because they fit me perfectly and are worn to just the right shade of pale Brokie blue. My son is quite a bit taller than me, but his jeans fit me since I wear them just below my waist,  not hanging off my butt with 6 inches of boxer shorts showing, like he does!!

;D  LOL, it's so great that you borrowed your son's jeans!

I used to wear men's jeans once in a while in high school, but I fell out of that habit.  It's too confusing to me to figure out the approximate right size and I often feel a little awkward trying them on in the store (or at least I recall feeling awkward when I used to shop for them in high school).  But, sometimes I really do like the basic way that men's jeans are cut.  And, sometimes I don't like the stretchy stuff they put in the fabric of women's jeans.  Maybe I should reconsider buying some guys jeans again someday.

I never looked at this thread before, but just read the whole thing through in one sitting.  On the spectrum of dressy, the only one here more casual than I usually am is brokeplex.  :)

I went out this morning to take my husbie to his hand surgery (he broke his finger), and wore rayon sort of palazzo/gaucho pants with a fine (meaning small) black and white pattern on them, a turquoise sleeveless tank, with a deep violet linen long sleeve shirt over it.  And slide sandals.

When I got home I took off the top part and replaced it with the t shirt I was wearing yesterday evening, which I bought as a tribute to Ennis and Jack a couple of years ago.  It's a "nice" T shirt in a soft cotton, with a blue and brown mosaic-ish pattern on it.  (I'm pretty sure I wore it at some point at last year's BBQ, because I wore it a LOT last year.)  The pattern clashes with the pants, and I'll adjust the outfit before  go out again.

:) It is a fun thread, isn't it?  I like talking about "daily life" stuff on BetterMost sometimes.  Well, I'm often very, very casual outside of work.  I usually immediately change into super-comfy clothes as soon as I get home from work.

How's your husband's finger?  Did the surgery go OK?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ZK

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »
OK I am wearing a white tee shirt, green sweater with black and white stripes on the sleeve and old jeans. Its freezing outside, we just had a big storm front come through with enough hail on the ground that it looks like its been snowing. In an hour I have to get ready for work, so it'll be into my uniform and up into the air again YAY

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2008, 08:50:14 pm »
OK I am wearing a white tee shirt, green sweater with black and white stripes on the sleeve and old jeans. Its freezing outside, we just had a big storm front come through with enough hail on the ground that it looks like its been snowing. In an hour I have to get ready for work, so it'll be into my uniform and up into the air again YAY

Poor ZK suffering through winter there down under! We'll blow some summer breezes your way! Amanda, I wear men's clothes a lot...and it was the first clue that I was "different" when I was young. I LOVED dressing up in Beatles suits when I was a kid and even had a tie on in my 8th grade photo...then when I was in college I dressed like Annie Hall even before the movie came out. I'm planning on wearing a tuxedo to the Halloween party I'm going to this fall.

Yes, Elle, I think I remember that outfit! Way to go, and please contribute to this thread on threads more often!