Author Topic: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence  (Read 119141 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2008, 02:50:30 pm »
I don't know about the slicing him up part, but the rest applies. 
No more beans!

Offline nagsheadsea412

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:29 pm »
He's an actor, he was a friend of heath's, he was godfather to their child..he is articulate and he should have said a simple statement on the passing of his friend and co-star.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2009, 06:47:38 pm »
has he ever publically mentioned heaths passing yet?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline nagsheadsea412

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2009, 06:57:47 pm »
Not to my knowledge...sadly life is short for all the rest of us living in a frenzy trying to get everything done..and this decade of 2000 is a strange one with Sept. 11, father dying....etc....but we dive in to the next exciting moment to drive away morbid memories...actors too go on with their new movies, girlfriends...nothing permanent, just another giddy rush.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:44 pm »
Obvioulsy he has never done an interview, where he has been asked about Heath's passing, and that indicates to me that he has made it an "off limits" question.

But then again, has he done ANY interviews in the past 12 months.

I guess if he has, it was to promote a new film, and as has been seen most times before, in those circumstances, they ONLY want to talk about the film they are promoting.

I have also thought too, that maybe he was caught in the crossfire when Heath and Michelle broke up, one or the other using him as a sounding board, and as happens, in such cases, there could have been some words spoken that he may regret now, and would not want to seem hypocritical, if those words were not in Heaths favour.

Who knows......I would hope that it was not that they had fallen out.

Jake seems a very deep and meaningful person, maybe he just cannot find the right words.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2009, 09:01:10 pm »
To be honest, I'm very puzzled by thoughts that Jake owes anyone some sort of statement about Heath's passing.

Yes others have come forward to give a statement.  That was their choice to do so.

Death and how one handles it is a personal matter.  I can't imagine being so intrusive as to expect someone to say something at a time like that if they choose not to.

If anyone ever approached me at the time a family member died, and wanted me to issue a public statement, the response they'd get from me is "That's not any of your business."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2009, 12:09:30 am »
Well said Chucky......I agree, how we mourn is very personal, and we have the right to do so in our own way.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2009, 04:33:56 pm »

I dont see anyone hurrying off to any of his other costars, to demand a statement.  No one has
asked Matt Damon, his thoughts.  Nor have they asked his costars in Ned  Kelly like Orlando Bloom.
Same with his costars in Candy etc.  I think that most of these kinds of remarks are coming from the
fans of BBM.  Because of the apparent friendship that they formed on that movie, and his being
godfather to their daughter.  I am very disappointed that they now think they have the right to dictate
to him how he should feel about the death of his friend.   Then demand he give them his private
thoughts about it.

Beautiful mind

Offline Katie77

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »
    I dont see anyone hurrying off to any of his other costars, to demand a statement.  No one has
asked Matt Damon, his thoughts.  Nor have they asked his costars in Ned  Kelly like Orlando Bloom.
Same with his costars in Candy etc.  I think that most of these kinds of remarks are coming from the
fans of BBM.  Because of the apparent friendship that they formed on that movie, and his being
godfather to their daughter.  I am very disappointed that they now think they have the right to dictate
to him how he should feel about the death of his friend.   Then demand he give them his private
thoughts about it.

I dont think anyone here is "demanding" or "dictating" anything......of course we are curious because of our connection to BBM, and this poll only asks our opinion.

We all love Jake and whether he comments or not, makes no difference to how one feels about him, and most agree that it is his personal choice as to how he mourns the loss of his friend.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2009, 08:43:46 pm »
I was one of the people who originally was dissapointed that Jake didnt say or write anything about Heath's passing, but I feel different now that some time has passed.  I have  more of an understanding that Jake held Heath very close to his heart.  I dont feel he owes us or me or anyone an explanation.  Jake is going through much to much of an emotional grieving process. I believe he went through and continues to go through a lot of hurt at the lose of such a close friend.  No explanations needed.  I just didnt see Jake as such and emotional person like any one of us who has lost a loved one. I saw him as a Hollywood star.  We dont broadcast our feelings to teh world.  Why should Jake?  If I could change my answer to he owes us nothing that is what i would do.