Author Topic: if you could  (Read 2613 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
if you could
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:46 pm »
imagine you could meet anyone in the world.  who would it be?
if you met this person,  what would you ask them?
if you could be a fly on the wall somewhere, where would it be, and when, and why?

these questions come to mind after reading the many threads regarding jake's silence on heath's death.  whether we agree or not about his choice in staying private, the fact is that for now, we really don't know what's going on with him, how he's feeling, or what he's thinking.  with this in mind, would jake be one of the people you'd choose to meet?
keep in mind, when i pose this question, that i'm doing it in the fantasy world that these people we meet would not be offended by any question, and would answer gladly and honestly.....l

no answer is 'too gossipy' or tivial....as it can be just for fun.....so if you'd like to ask angelina jolie if brad is good in bed...that's fine....but feel free to post serious issues as well, or have several choices on your list.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: if you could
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:52:18 am »
anybody want to post what they would say to jake if they met him?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 02:17:35 pm »
*drool*...

I think I'm gonna faint!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:54:47 pm »
who else would you meet?  one person i'd like to meet is oprah.  not sure what i'd ask, but it would be neat.

if i met jake, and could ask anything, i think i'd ask if he was okay.

i'd like to ask jennifer anniston about her break-up with brad.  sounds nosey, i know, but i always wondered how it was under the spotlight like that.  i'm sure it wasn't easy.

i'd like to know if o.j. simpson killed his wife.  i think he did, but i'd like to hear it from him.

i'd ask heath's parents and michelle about heath, and all the stuff the public didn't know about him....nothing bad, but more on the kind of man he was.

i don't know.  i have lot's of ideas.....

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »
Are we allowed to meet more than one "anyone in the world"? I can only think of one for now, but I'll probably come up with loads more later.  :laugh:

My first would be Maxi Jazz, lead singer/rapper with Faithless, my favourite group (my sig's a line from one of their lyrics). He writes the majority of their lyrics, and his lyrics are very strongly influenced by his beliefs and his politics. He's a Buddhist, and that comes across in a lot of his lyrics. I haven't really got a specific question in mind, but I'd just love to talk to him about where he gets the inspiration for his lyrics from, and more importantly when the next album's coming out and when they're touring again. I saw them live for the first time around this time last year, and despite rumours the band were splitting, he promised us they would be back.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 03:47:02 pm »
Way too many to name!!

Do they have to be alive?

I'd love to have met the last Cleopatra of Egypt, Alexander the Great, Carl Sagan, Benjamin Franklin, Hypatia of Alexandra, Behazir Bhutto, Leonardo DaVinci, Artemesia Gentileschei, Veronica Franco, heck the list is endless.  Personally, living actors would probably be the last persons on my list.  Their lives/issues are likely to be no more interesting than my own.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 04:44:58 pm »
Tom Hanks
Ron Howard
Billy Crystal
Dolly Parton

They all seem like nice people.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~