Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047106 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2006, 07:11:35 pm »
6?  OMG!    I don't even get along with the one !    LOL

haha - I have 7!  It was fun growing up with so many brothers and sisters.

Nope, I never owned an electric knife.

The person below me has been in a car accident .. :-\

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2006, 07:15:53 pm »
Yep - a couple.  Both times I was rear-ended.  Last one was pretty severe.  I watch the rear view mirror a LOT since then.

The person below me makes the same wish every year when they blow out their birthday candles.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2006, 07:23:44 pm »
True.  It changed when my son was born, but has been the same wish every year since.

The person below me is feeling restless tonight for some reason.
No more beans!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2006, 07:26:13 pm »
haha - I have 7!  It was fun growing up with so many brothers and sisters.

Haha, I was wondering if the person will answer true to most of the questions they asked.

Millie, do you own a pair of shoe that costs more than $500?  :o

"The person below me is feeling restless tonight for some reason."
False.  It's still afternoon on the west coast ;D.  So far, I am doing ok.  I will let you know if I feel restless tonight.

The person below me loves science fiction when they grew up.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2006, 08:57:27 pm »
False.  Science fiction has mostly just been uninteresting to me...too much to learn to understand the stories.

The person below me would love to eat a wonderful, old-fashioned home-cooked meal every night - but doesn't want to be the one to do the cooking.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2006, 09:09:00 pm »
*So* true, Celeste.  I'd kill for a man who can cook.  And enjoys it.  Seriously.

I can cook, by the way.  I just don't enjoy it.  I think it comes from being a short-order cook starting at the age of six.  I cooked for my brothers and mother and myself from that age on.  Long, sad, already-told story.  I'd have one of my brothers start up the gas stove - you had to strike a match and light the "pilot light" - scared the shite outta me - and I would do the rest.  When I moved in with my Dad and stepmom at 13, she was a master, especially of Italian dishes (she's Sicilian), but she wanted no part of having anyone in the kitchen with her.  Cooking was and still is her therapy.  Fine by me - we couldn't stand each other, anyway.

I have a few dishes I like to make that always turn out especially good.  No one, and I mean *no one* makes lasagne like I do.  Even my stepmother has conceded it's the best she's ever had (hers is crap in comparison).  I also make a mean chicken cacciatore - my Mom taught me, not her - Southern style chicken and dumplings, chicken parmesan, and baked salmon.  But those are all special occasion type deals.  To work all day and then come home and whip something like that up - I'm sorry, but no.

Fortunately, Ed is a big fan of Mexican and Chinese take-out.  Those are weekly staples.  I cook the other two nights he's home, then take the three he's not off - I just make something nutritious for Will and nibble on what's left over when he's flying.

The person below me is *way* too prolific in her or his responses.
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2006, 09:46:30 pm »
TRUE.  TRUE.  TRUE.  TRUE.  TRUE.  TRUE.  Why do I enjoy this little game?  Could not begin to tell you even, and I never play games.  But I'm not sure if "way" too prolific is right, or just the right amount of prolific...

The person below me only aswers the phone when they know who's calling.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2006, 12:04:55 am »
False. I answer even if I know from caller ID that it's a telemarketer. I am brusque with them, though.

The person below me keeps wishing they could answer, respond to, argue about, or elaborate on other "person below me" posts that they miss the chance to reply to.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2006, 12:22:56 am »
Haha, I was wondering if the person will answer true to most of the questions they asked.
Millie, do you own a pair of shoe that costs more than $500?  :o
Haha Jenny - I have never spent that much on a pair of shoes - most I have spent is $200.  ;) (And that was because I am a shoe freak and I absolutely had to have that pair..) :P

----------

The person below me keeps wishing they could answer, respond to, argue about, or elaborate on other "person below me" posts that they miss the chance to reply to.

Not really...I love this game!  :)

The person below me has used the "its not you, its me speech"  when splitting up.. :P

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2006, 02:27:45 am »
False.  Not because I have used other lines, but I have not yet had the opportunity :P.  I probably used similar lines to reject some guys, but I have only dated one guy and married him.  See, I have told you that I am boring ;).  My life experience probably is quite different from the people grew up here, but you do appreciate the diversity, right? ;)

The person below me has promised himself/herself multiple times that he/she would spend less time on BetterMost, but failed in each attempt.