Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1056047 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #2010 on: August 25, 2006, 12:28:00 pm »
Not exactly.  I spent the first few days of this week at home, sick as a dog with a nasty stomach virus.  I wouldn't mind a change of scenery right about now.

The person below me can count on one hand the times in his or her life they've had a nasty stomach virus.
No more beans!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #2011 on: August 25, 2006, 12:43:04 pm »
True! Well I have only lived for 15 years so far(soon to be 16 in october ::)) So I don't have that much experience only 1/2 times.

The person below me finds it so frustrating when plans don't come together the way they thought they would.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

mvansand76

« Reply #2012 on: August 25, 2006, 02:41:38 pm »
True! Well I have only lived for 15 years so far(soon to be 16 in october ::)) So I don't have that much experience only 1/2 times.

The person below me finds it so frustrating when plans don't come together the way they thought they would.

You bet.

The person below me has used all the Brokeback smileys there are...
 :) ;) ;D :D >:( :( :o ??? ::) 8) :P :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh: O0

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2013 on: August 25, 2006, 03:26:51 pm »
Not yet. I've never used these before  :-X O0 and not sure about this one  :D

But now a big Yes. I've used them all  ;)

The person below me lives in a different country than s/he was born in (yes, Nipith, this question is inspired by your trip  :))

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2014 on: August 25, 2006, 09:00:44 pm »
No, but I want to some time. (I hope this question wasn't intended for Nipith to answer, but we all know his answer I think.  ;))

The person below me would rather sit around with a few friends than go to a party or something with lots of people.

moremojo

« Reply #2015 on: August 25, 2006, 09:03:45 pm »
Yes, fortunately or unfortunately, that is me. I'm not a crowds person. I do much better one on one, or in small gatherings. I seem unusually sensitive to sensory overload, and really big parties and other crowded situations tend to overwhelm me.

The person below me wishes they had been born under a different astrological sign than they were.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #2016 on: August 25, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
nah, never really paid much attention to astrological signs. They're fun to read but I've never come across anything that seem uniquely predictive.

the person below me found new (to you) music today.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2017 on: August 25, 2006, 09:56:37 pm »
Not today, but one night last week, i went thru the thread "Songs that remind you of Brokeback" and wrote down a lot of the songs, then went to Limewire and downloaded them.......some beautiful songs with some beautiful words.......

The person below me has fun dowloading music from the net
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2018 on: August 25, 2006, 10:08:36 pm »
no, don't download from the web. I get the cd's from the library and then import them into iTunes. Convenient and free.

The person after me is going antiquing tomorrow.

The person below me wishes they had been born under a different astrological sign than they were.
ASIDE: In the 70s, when "what sign are you?" was a standard pick up line, I could answer "One of the two signs that you aren't gonna like."

The answer would come back, "Scorpio?"

"No," I'd say.

They'd think a second. "Capricorn?"

"Yep." Then they'd make a face and go "euuuuugh . . . ." Never failed.
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

moremojo

« Reply #2019 on: August 25, 2006, 10:24:22 pm »
ASIDE: In the 70s, when "what sign are you?" was a standard pick up line, I could answer "One of the two signs that you aren't gonna like."

The answer would come back, "Scorpio?"

"No," I'd say.

They'd think a second. "Capricorn?"

"Yep." Then they'd make a face and go "euuuuugh . . . ." Never failed.
I wonder if Chinese astrological signs might not become a new pick up line for the 00s (how do we refer to the first decade of the twenty-first century?). A lot more knowledge of this alternate (or complementary) astrological system has been attained in the West in recent years, and I for one have been pretty impressed with my own profile--it really seems to ring true (I am a Goat, by the way, or Ram, or Sheep, depending on the translation one is using).

As a further aside, Ennis and Jack, if born (as many surmise) in 1943, were Goats as well.

Please pardon my interruption of the thread's normal flow. Please resume normal asking and answering.

:)
Scott (still sheepish)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:44:42 pm by moremojo »