Author Topic: Weather's here...Wish you were beautiful!  (Read 7364 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I'm off...
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 10:36:44 pm »
Sounds like you are having a blast Becky!  ;D

The Canadians sure seem to like their flags. We didn't do much on our first day, just got a little bit lost looking for somewhere to eat and then ended up sampling the finest in Canadian quizine: Subway! ;D

What's not to like about the Canadian flag?  :P (with festive red and white colors)!!
Oh..and for Canadian quizine - check out Tim Horton's!  ;D
Mandy - any more tips on Canadian cuisine for Becky?  :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:38:56 pm by Lucise »

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 12:31:25 pm »
Mandy - any more tips on Canadian cuisine for Becky?  :P

Yes, definitely try Tim Horton's (or "Timmies").  :)

Ohhh, you HAVE to try poutine, Becky, at just about any restaurant! It's yummy! For those who aren't familiar with it, it's fries, cheese and gravy. It's one of my faves.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 10:47:27 pm »
AH yes Tim Hortons they are great! They do the best donuts ever...not that I would know of course cause I am a good girl! ;D The also play good music: The killing moon by Echo and the bunny men, AKA the song at the start of Donnie Darko, and being the Darko fan I am I recognised it immediately and felt the need to shout Donnie as loud as I could, which I think went down well with the other sleepy costomers! :laugh:

Today was really briliant apart from the weather:92 degrees at the hottest point, I almost died. But the best thing about today was the jet boats. I got absolutely soaked and I survived a class 5 rapid, plus the instructor was kind of cute, he had a little bit of Jake about him and he was kinda clumsy which I thought was funny. Anyway this is just a quick update from me cause I only have 15mins on here today, but I hope to update you tomorrow when we are going on the Maid of the Mist and the journey behind the falls, lets hope it cools down tomorrow! ::)

Talk soon,
love,
Becky :-*

P.s Have I just seen what I think I have seen? Stud Duck is our newest member, does that mean David's back?! Ahhh my begging must have worked a treat, I personally knew he would cave.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Weather's here...Wish you were beautiful!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 10:18:25 pm »
It's official, no one loves me! :'( What is up with no one replying. I live for the sneaky minutes I get on these computers just to check who has replied with the next obserd remark, but none today? Someone must have put the crazybird back in it's cage.

Even if I am not loved I will talk endlessly at you until you all cave!

Well seeing as I didn't get a chance to talk to you all yesterday I will fill y'all in. Yesterday we did most of the tourist things maid of the mist which my camera got soaked on and I am pretty sure it stopped working for a while until it dried out. Then we went on the journey behind the falls, which was alright but not that good and it looked nothing on camera so I just gave up and enjoyed the expericence. So after that we just lazed around the hotel room and had a swim. Athough I do have a few bones to pick with Niagara: 1)No one here knows anything about public transport and they look at you weirdly when you tell them that you don't have a car with you. 2) All the ATM's don't take Visa and we had to walk all the way to the nearest 7 11(5 blacks down the street) to get some cash. 3) Grey hound busses are absolute crap! We rang them up because the website said you get a discount if you book in advance and then they said that they don't take advanced bookings and said that you had to go there in person. So we got the nearest bus to the depot and when we got there we were told that you couldn't book them there aswell. Once we had explained everything to the guy behind the desk he basically just laughed at us and I actually called him a "C"-word which I hate doing, but it sometimes comes out when I am really angry! >:(

But I get over things quite easily so when I woke up this morning I was up for a stress free sight-seeing day and did I get it or what! Today was packed full of stuff to do. Well not for my mum, she went shopping while me and my dad did all the stuff. First we went to the butterfly conservatory thing. They were flying about everywhere and cause I was wearing Yellow, and so was my dad, they loved us! They kept landing on my head cause I had used an especially smelly shampoo that morning and they loved it! And they really loved my dad, one stayed on his shoulder the whole time, like a parrot so of course this certain butterfly was named plolly. ::)
After that it was to the spanish areocar, which is basically just like a gondella thing suspended over the river. It was alright, but once I had been down there in the water on the jet boats it just spoiled it for me cause the jet boats were so much better.
Then it was over to the helipad for our helicopter ride. It was amazing and so smooth, which I wasn't expecting at all, it was really good, but it still doesn't beat the jet boats for me cause it was jus the rush of water in your face in the jet boats coupled with all the fun of getting soaked!
After the helicopter we went to the white-water walk which was basically just walking along where we had been in the jetboats but it felt so weird actually seeing what we were in. And then we saw the class 6 rapids, the highest you can get, I don't know if it is the jet boats making me a dare-devil but they looked really fun. Also when we were down on the white water walk there was some writting on a rock and I spotted one that said, "Alma Loves Jack" I couldn't stop laughing and was so tempted to change the Alma to Ennis or add "Jack loves Ennis" to the bottom.
Also I have seen loads and loads of GMC trucks, I don't know what it must be about Niagara. But everytime I see a beaten up black one I picture Jack behind it struggling with the wheel. :laugh:

Anyway that is my trip to Niagra, it is back to Toronto tomorrow(you know what that means, Tim Hortons!) for just one day, and I doubt I will be able to talk to you then so I will see you when I get back,
Love you guys(even if you don't love me!) ::)
Becky :-*

P.s Can I get a spell chack from one of you wonderful mods?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Weather's here...Wish you were beautiful!
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 10:40:34 pm »
Beck you are making me so jealous! What a great holiday and I particularly like your shout out to Donnie. Now I'm gonna have to make that trip  :P

O0

Heathen