Author Topic: Famous People.  (Read 17689 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Famous People.
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:54:35 pm »
After reading RT's thread about meeting Jake or Heath, I find it so cool that you guys have met/encountered so many famous people. (Who was it that had sex with Boy George?) Let's share our experiences.
When I was strolling thru Central Park one time, my boyfriend and I saw this large tow-truck towing a car with all these bright lights on the hood of it. Then it stopped DIRECTLY in front of us. It was so weird, I whipped out my camera and took a picture (I took pictures of EVERYTHING in NYC, 13 rolls all total). Then, guess who stepped out of the car that was being towed? Kurt Russell and shorty Tom Cruise! I was like OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! I put the camera up to my eye to take a picture of them (they were like 2 yards away) and this big, HUGE security guard gives me a major evil eye and tells me to put the camera down. It was the coolest thing EVER. As soon as I got back home, I did an IMDb search and found out they were filming Vanilla Sky.
That's a long story just to say I saw Kurt Russell and Tom Cruise but it's so fun for me to tell it!
Anyone else?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Famous People.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:14:45 pm »
For what's it worth - I met the mayor of Dallas a few months ago - heh - while waiting to go see BBM with a friend.

Does that count?

No, she and her family were not there to see the movie.

For you X-Files fans, I met the blue-tattooed guy from the sideshow freaks episode while with a bachelorette group at a tattoo parlor one night (the lovely bride was getting one last pre-marriage tattoo).

Eh, I don't get out that much.  :(

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:17:26 pm »
I LOVE Laura Miller!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:22:45 pm »
I LOVE Laura Miller!

My friend I was there with teaches at the very expensive private school Laura Miller sends her daughter to.  My friend used to have Laura's VERY beautiful sex kitten daughter in her debate class.   My friend liked her daughter - a Lolita type who knows way too much for her own good and is built like a brick shit house.  My friend said she rarely spoke with Laura, conversing mostly with Her Honor the Lady Mayor's husband, since he is now playing househusband to Laura Miller's career.  He was once a senator I believe and surprisingly, the guy's a stud muffin.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 08:40:36 pm »
Well, last september I was at a bar with my friend when we spotted Natalie Portman struggling with the language and trying to explain the bartender that she didn't order wine. We looked at her for a minute or so until my friend decided to intervene and help. He did all the talking, I just stood there looking at the whole scene. But she is so nice and sooooo beautifiul. She got all excited after finding out that we have the same name, because my friend told her. She's small, though and very thin. I read in her IMDB profile she's 5'4 tall, but that's not true because I'm 5'1 and she wasn't taller than me. She's about my height. She's much thinner though.

Also about four years ago I was having dinner with a group of friends at a restaurant when we heard a commotion going on outside and saw people coming in and out from the restaurant  with smiles on their faces. So, three of us went out to see what was happening and believe it or not, there was Bill Clinton, with a whole entourage of body guard or secret service agents. He was been awfully nice to the crowd, giving hand and posing for pictures as if he were a movie star. Later I read that he had been in Madrid in some conference and I guess he was having dinner nearby. He's quite ugly, but thinner than expected. His face is red.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:05:54 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:21:36 pm »
I am so jealous that you met Natalie Portman! She is by far my favorite actress, and so so beautiful, pardon me while I gush a moment  ::) I love her!!

Well, my first famous person was Rupert Everett.  I was at the student global AIDS conference in D.C. about 4 years ago and I didn't know it but he was one of our key note speakers.  I was standing in the lobby of the hotel the conference was in and Rupert Everett steps off the elevator right in front of me.  I just thought to myself, "that can't actually be him!" so I asked my friend and she said it was.  I never got the nerve to say anything to him, there was no one else around being a gushing fan so I didn't want to be the only one.  He gave a very good speech though.  He was nervous which I found strangely endearing.  I never expect people who act for a living to be nervous speaking in front of people.

My other famous people encounters come from my 6th months spent stalking any and all famous people performing in the west end while I was in london last spring.  I met Kevin Spacey, Joshua Jackson, Ewan McGregor, Kim Catral, Patrick Stewart and Jonny Lee Miller.  I think that's it... by far the most insane was Ewan McGregor, he was in Guys and Dolls and it was the same weekend the last star wars came out so everyone was there for an autograph.  I have some amazing pictures though, and I was one of the lucky few who actually got an autograph and got to say a few words to him.  It was nice. 
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:09:45 pm »
I think that's it... by far the most insane was Ewan McGregor, he was in Guys and Dolls and it was the same weekend the last star wars came out so everyone was there for an autograph.  I have some amazing pictures though, and I was one of the lucky few who actually got an autograph and got to say a few words to him.  It was nice. 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...SO jealous!!!   >:(   Can you post a pic?  Purty please?

I went to a matinee of 'Guys and Dolls' while I was in London last fall and by sheer chance, we got front row seats!  He wasn't 10 feet from me in the front row on the stage performing.

Unfortunately for me, there was a sign in the lobby of the theater saying that 'Due to the terrorist threat, there will be no more stage door autograph signings due to security reasons for the safety of the people of London..'

SOOOOOO pissed.

I blame Hamas.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 10:12:48 pm by delalluvia »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 11:07:56 pm »
I must have been lucky, I caught it during preview week, so before the performance actually opened in mid May.  they were still doing autograph signings then, though I went to the matinee and had to go back for the later show to get the autograph.  I'll see if I can get a picture up for you! I'll have to put them on my computer...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:42:34 am »
Every now and then, famous people come to see the show I'm in.  I've been onhand to meet Shirley MacLaine, Sidney Poitier, Kathleen Turner (she was in town doing another show), Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, who's boyfriend was in town doing a show.  Yep, he's gay.), Dawn Welles (Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island), Celeste Holme (although she didn't stick around afterwards.  Who knew she was still living?), a stage and television actress who's name escapes me because I don't watch TV, but she was playing the lead in Golda's Balcony, and this guy from the UK.  That's me in the tropical drink hat and ruffles.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:06:15 am by kirkmusic »

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 04:45:53 am »

I've met Kylie Minogue before. She's very sweet and soooooo tiny. She'd come up to about my breast height.. Extremely little woman.  I've also met Ian Thorpe who's kinda stand-offish and soooooo tall!

They're probably the most famous people I've MET, but I've seen heaps of them up close. I was very lucky to have a friend who worked in the Heritage Hotel here in Brisbane and whenever famous people came into town, she'd buzz me and I'd just happen to head in there and hang out in the lobby / bar.

Those I've seen or walked past: Madonna, U2, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Linda Evangelista (sooooo tall!!), Tara Moss, Robin Williams and many others who sorta slip my mind at the moment.. if i remember, I'll post em.
Chut up!