Author Topic: What is your favorite meal of the day?  (Read 14482 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
What is your favorite meal of the day?
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:09:47 am »
We call lunch, "dinner" in many parts of my state. And instead of dinner, we often call it "supper". But "language barriers" not withstanding, what is your favorite meal of the day?

Mine is Supper (Dinner)  :laugh:  :laugh:

I really don't often have time for Lunch, and when I do it is quite often a salad or something quick and simple.

Lots of people in my state favor breakfast, because it is the biggest meal of the day... pancakes, bacon, eggs, grits, biscuits and gravy, fried ham  and toast. Yummy.

What about you? What is your favorite meal?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: What is your favorite meal of the day?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:13:42 am »
dinner cause it means the day is almost over!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:22:05 am »
Breakfast, because I love eggs, pancakes, English muffins, omlettes, cereal, french toast, bacon, hash browns, oatmeal, toast, cold pizza -- there is almost no breakfast food I don't love. In a restaurant, I have a hard time narrowing it down, and sometimes can't decide and have to order an embarrassingly huge amount of food.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:20:11 am »
Dinner is my favourite meal. I usually don't eat breakfast due to time or because I tend to be a bit lazy, but if its there then I will be in boots and all. Mind you if theres food there at any time of the day I'll be there. The girls at work are horrified with the share volume I eat and still only have a 30 inch waist (damn it).

I'm a nightowl. Always have been. Late at night is my favorite time of the day.
Me too ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:39:18 am »

Are you originally a Midwesterner Katherine? I can't remember. You sure sound like one!! :laugh: ;)

Yes, born and raised in Minnesota. Do you think of Midwesterners as particularly liking breakfast?

Offline optom3

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:50:35 am »
I voted lunch.It is the only meal I get to have in peace and quiet on my own.I can eat what I want,how I want ,and when I want. Breakfast is chaos as I feed various kids and get them to the bus.
Dinner is equally chaotic and normally in shifts, as I collect assorted kids and ferry them off to various activities.
I do however like my late night snack of cereals,whibh I have any time after about 11.00pm when the house is blssfully quiet again.
I have always eaten cereals late at night,it dates back to the time when I was a studying into the smalll hours of the morning and they were cheap and filling.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 10:11:33 am »
Breakfast, because I love eggs, pancakes, English muffins, omlettes, cereal, french toast, bacon, hash browns, oatmeal, toast, cold pizza -- there is almost no breakfast food I don't love. In a restaurant, I have a hard time narrowing it down, and sometimes can't decide and have to order an embarrassingly huge amount of food.

I voted for breakfast for this same reason.  I adore breakfast food.  The one thing I'd add to my vote here, is that I like breakfasts on weekends.  On weekdays, breakfasts are a sad, rushed affair.  But, a luxurious, leisurely breakfast on a weekend morning is my idea of a great treat (particularly if it involves going to a fun or quaint restaurant).  I also love brunch on weekends, because it allows me to sleep in... and it often involves the option of fun cocktails like mimosas in addition to the lovely breakfast food.  Excellent indeed.
 8) :P

On weekdays, my vote would be for dinner since dinner is usually the only leisurely/ non-rushed meal that I have on a work day.
:-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
Well I think I,ll put breakfast. I eat mostly the same thing every day. Half a tin of fruit, but minus the plastic red cherries, gross(you know the kind in syrup?) with yogurt and cereal on top. I sometimes eat that at lunchtime too. I think sandwiches are boring. David, did I see you put biscuits and gravy, for breakfast???? Isn,t gravy something you have on your roast dinner? And what on earth are grits??  :-\

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 12:35:50 pm »
David, did I see you put biscuits and gravy, for breakfast???? Isn,t gravy something you have on your roast dinner? And what on earth are grits??  :-\

Oh, I was just thinking I'd forgotten about biscuits and gravy, myself! It's a classic American breakfast dish, especially in the South. You top biscuits (BTW, in America, "biscuits" are fluffy, flaky, white-flour rolls -- what you Brits call biscuits, we call cookies) with sausage gravy, which is thick and light brown and slightly peppery, with small chunks of sausage.

And grits are finely ground white corn, approximately the consistency of oatmeal but smoother, more like cream of wheat if you're familiar with that. They're served hot and topped with butter. I think the closest Euro equivalent would be polenta.

and it often involves the option of fun cocktails like mimosas in addition to the lovely breakfast food.  Excellent indeed. 8) :P

Right! Another good reason to love breakfast/brunch.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 03:40:30 pm »
Hm. I voted for diner because that's the meal our whole family has together. And the only breakfast I have is a cigarette.

But reading K's and other posts, I remember I really do love breakfast, only not so early in the morning. And I don't like making it myself. But I love all breakfast food, be it classical English breakfast, French croissants or the typical German rolls. Cereals, sausages, toast, rolls, Brezel, eggs sunny-side-up, scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes, orange juice, coffee, pancakes -bring it on!
Hmmm, now I've made myself hungry. :laugh:

So while I don't do breakfast at home, I relish it when on vacancies (and when I go out for breakfast with Kerstin).