Author Topic: What is your favorite meal of the day?  (Read 14487 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What is your favorite meal of the day?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 09:31:24 pm »

I feel like biscuits and gravy are the equivalent of beans on toast... in terms of being surprisingly tasty and the type of somewhat unexpected breakfast food that some folks have never tried or heard of.  Very regional too.

Biscuits and gravy are super yummy as far as I'm concerned.  :P  But, I always feel guilty when I eat them because they're so greasy and buttery.  Anything involving biscuits is good.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 10:00:12 pm »
I always feel guilty when I eat them because they're so greasy and buttery.  Anything involving biscuits is good.

Anything involving grease and butter is good!  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:58 pm »
Anything involving grease and butter is good!  :

You would be quite happy at the Roundup, Katherine. EDelMar requested I buy enuff bacon for everyone to have 7 pieces each morning! And I'll be toting about 10 lbs of butter!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 01:17:51 am »
OK, now it's my turn to ask. What's Brezel?

Where is my post? I'm positive I posted an answer to this yesterday evening, but now it's gone.  ??? Strange.

Brezel = pretzel

Not the thin, crispy ones like this

But the softer, thicker ones:

You eat them pure or with butter on them. Although I've heard first-hand that some Americans spread mustard on - what a sacrilege! ;) (you know who you are  ;D)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 08:16:40 am »

Here you go, Souxi:

Biscuits and gravy:

Grits:

Errrrrrrr David I don,t wish to appear ungrateful or anything but to be perfectly honest with you, that looks absolutly revolting. In fact it looks remarkably similar to something one of my cats chucks up when they have a hair ball!!! YUK. Sorry that just does NOT look appetising atall. *shudders*
You see when I think of gravy, I think of the stuff you put on your roast dinner, and THAT is nothing like gravy.
On the other hand the pictures of the pretzels were nice, especially the thin crispy ones. I eat loads of those. I don,t eat a lot of biscuits, or cookies as you call them.

injest

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:27 am »
biscuits and gravy actually is a filling, homey food...mine isnt' usually that chunky.

It doesn't photograph well but lort the smell!! YUMMMMMMMMMM...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:19 pm »
But the softer, thicker ones:

You eat them pure or with butter on them. Although I've heard first-hand that some Americans spread mustard on - what a sacrilege! ;) (you know who you are  ;D)

I love those big, soft pretzels - and, yep, you've got my number Chrissi - with mustard!   ;D  I've made them from scratch a few times.  They're actually really simple to make.

Back when I was a teen, they used to sell giant pretzels at the mall. God they were huge. I could have probably untied them and used  them for a belt! I don't know, maybe they still have those prezel stands inside the mall. :)

David, there must be at least four soft pretzels places at my local mall!  Sometimes I think they're only ones doing any business.  LOL!  They not only sell the orginal big, soft pretzels, now they come in all different varieties:  jalapeno, garlic,  cinnamon sugar, glazed raisin, etc.  There's even a "pretzel dog" - hog dog wrapped in pretzel dough.

And regular hard pretzels dipped in chocolate are wonderful - I love the sweet/salty combination!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 07:12:16 am »
One of my favorites, that I rarely get to do, is to have some wonderful friend watch my child while I slip away and have some kind of stir fried veg, meat, and fried rice at a Chinese restaurant for lunch.  Sit and read a good novel, by my lonesome, then go have a cup of coffee or some chocolate, and I'm happy mommy when I get my child back for the afternoon.

I also have found a restaurant that makes really good oatmeal, it's hard to decribe, each little piece of oatmeal is fully cooked, yet still somehow its own individual bit, feels very healthy.  The healthy oatmeal, with four pieces of bacon - that's a breakfast.

Since becoming a mom I'm usually too tired by evening to really enjoy going out to dinner.  That's sort of sad.

And then there's a cup of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream late at night while surfing BetterMost.  What's that meal called?   :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 07:37:22 am »
The healthy oatmeal, with four pieces of bacon - that's a breakfast.

Shut up about oatmeal. This ain't its fault.

(Yeah, so?? Since when do Brokieisms always have to make sense? Isn't it just nice to know that some sentence constructions can still remind us of the movie?)

;D

And then there's a cup of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream late at night while surfing BetterMost.  What's that meal called?   :)

:)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:22 am »
Shut up about oatmeal. This ain't its fault.

(Yeah, so?? Since when do Brokieisms always have to make sense? Isn't it just nice to know that some sentence constructions can still remind us of the movie?)

;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Wow!  That's some refined Brokieism parsing!  Very excellent. 

I'm sitting in my office laughing and people in the hall are glancing at me... suspicious, like they know (lol, sorry, couldn't resist).

Anyway, I love oatmeal... really good oatmeal is a great comfort food.  Especially when it's loaded up with butter, cream and brown sugar... and maybe a raisin or two.
 :P

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie