Author Topic: Ghost on the Elevator!!!!  (Read 18431 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Ghost on the Elevator!!!!
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:11:46 pm »
I saw this on CNN's AC 360 last night. You can see what APPEARS to be a ghost. Watch the youtube video below. You'll want to keep your eye on the bottom right section of the screen.

Whether or not it's real, it sure is spooky looking! It gave me the creeps.  :o

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uRjwJruA[/youtube]

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Ghost on the Elevator!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:17:44 pm »
 :o !

Weird!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 01:20:35 pm »
I saw this on CNN's AC 360 last night. You can see what APPEARS to be a ghost. Watch the youtube video below. You'll want to keep your eye on the bottom right section of the screen.

Yikes!  That is creepy.  At first I thought the flash of light you see before the guys get on the elevator is what I was supposed to notice.  But, I think that must be the elevator door opening or some kind of reflection of the elevator buttons or controls.

As for what happens at the end, I'm a little skeptical...  I wonder if the film was edited or doctored.  I definitely believe in ghosts.  But, for some reason this one makes me skeptical.

For the record, I voted for "not sure."

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 01:40:56 pm »
 .. At first I thought the flash of light you see before the guys get on the elevator is what I was supposed to notice. 

Ha!  Me too.  And that's why I was even more startled at the end. I do believe in ghosts, spirits, or whatever you want to call them. But with technology today, it's so hard to believe your eyes anymore, isn't it?   :-\   

And apropos of nothing, I think Anderson Cooper is adorable. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

injest

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uRjwJruA[/youtube]

DAVID!!!

Don't you be posting scary stuff and making me look at it!!

>:( >:( >:(

:D :D

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »
I voted no.  Being the cynic that I am, it's obviously a photoshopped fake addition to the image.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:20:15 pm »
I voted no.  Being the cynic that I am, it's obviously a photoshopped fake addition to the image.

Photoshopped or not, it sure is spooky!  :o

Just after I saw this on AC 360, I had to run an errand uptown. As I was driving I kept wondering if that ghost would appear in the seat next to me. I kept thinking "if she makes a sudden appearance in my car, I'll WRECK!"  >:(

WHOO that is creepy looking!

:laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:26:22 pm »

I know what you mean David... even if it's made up, it's still spooky for sure.  Almost the same effect of a good horror movie or ghost story... sometimes even when you know it's an invented story it can really have a very scary impact!  I have a somewhat overactive imagination about things like ghost stories, so I'm easily freaked out by this kind of thing.  I can never go to staged haunted houses around Halloween time... I would truly be traumatized by that kind of thing.  Again, even going to one of those haunted houses, knowing logically that it's all imaginary and staged, I'd still get too, too freaked out for it to be any fun for me.

I live in a very old building and there are aspects of living here (lots of creaking sounds at night, etc.) so I often find myself feeling a little bit spooked. 

I keep hoping that being the pet-parent to a black cat might somehow magically off-set or cancel out any ghosts or other scary phenomenon.  ;) :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

injest

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30:58 pm »

oh stop!! I heard you shriek!! You was shivering in your boots...

::) ::) ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:33 pm »
I know what you mean David... even if it's made up, it's still spooky for sure.  Almost the same effect of a good horror movie or ghost story... sometimes even when you know it's an invented story it can really have a very scary impact!  I have a somewhat overactive imagination about things like ghost stories, so I'm easily freaked out by this kind of thing.  I can never go to staged haunted houses around Halloween time... I would truly be traumatized by that kind of thing.  Again, even going to one of those haunted houses, knowing logically that it's all imaginary and staged, I'd still get too, too freaked out for it to be any fun for me.

I live in a very old building and there are aspects of living here (lots of creaking sounds at night, etc.) so I often find myself feeling a little bit spooked. 

I keep hoping that being the pet-parent to a black cat might somehow magically off-set or cancel out any ghosts or other scary phenomenon.  ;) :)

Oh I LOVE black cats! And Vivien sounds so cute and sweet. Black cats are very good luck, and yes, I'm sure she will cancel out any ghosts Amanda! :)

Speaking of haunted houses, I once had a very bad experience in one. They had a HUGE maze in the middle of the haunted house, and obviously it was totally dark. I got separated from my friends in the maze and I spent almost an hour trying to get out. FINALLY I found an employee with a flashlight and he led me to the exit. Once I got outside I almost vomited because I was so scared. They have some VERY scary haunted houses here during Halloween.