Author Topic: Ghost on the Elevator!!!!  (Read 18235 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Ghost on the Elevator!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 11:37:19 pm »
Ha!  Me too.  And that's why I was even more startled at the end. I do believe in ghosts, spirits, or whatever you want to call them. But with technology today, it's so hard to believe your eyes anymore, isn't it?   :-\  

And apropos of nothing, I think Anderson Cooper is adorable. 

Marie

I think Anderson Cooper is adorable too, Marie. I've always wondered if he's gay. I get the impression he is, but I've never heard anything one way or the other about him. Yeah, he's a cutie. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:21 pm »
oh stop!! I heard you shriek!! You was shivering in your boots...

::) ::) ::)

Hey, I never said I didn't jump.  8)

injest

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:50:18 pm »
Hey, I never said I didn't jump.  8)

I knew it!!

did any of ya'll go on Youtube and see the "related" videos??! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:51 pm »
I knew it!!

did any of ya'll go on Youtube and see the "related" videos??! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

No. I don't want to do it. That elevator video freaked me out too much. haha. You forget Jess, I have a ghost in my basement! A crazy woman.

At least I THINK I do!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 12:05:25 am »
No. I don't want to do it. That elevator video freaked me out too much. haha. You forget Jess, I have a ghost in my basement! A crazy woman.

At least I THINK I do!

you stop it! It is dark outside!!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 11:37:51 am »
What a great thread!!! I just discovered this one. I love haunted houses and such things. I also have a black cat!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:32 am »

At least I THINK I do!

What does she do David - the crazy woman?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 11:40:23 am »
I know what you mean David... even if it's made up, it's still spooky for sure.  Almost the same effect of a good horror movie or ghost story... sometimes even when you know it's an invented story it can really have a very scary impact!  I have a somewhat overactive imagination about things like ghost stories, so I'm easily freaked out by this kind of thing.  I can never go to staged haunted houses around Halloween time... I would truly be traumatized by that kind of thing.  Again, even going to one of those haunted houses, knowing logically that it's all imaginary and staged, I'd still get too, too freaked out for it to be any fun for me.

I live in a very old building and there are aspects of living here (lots of creaking sounds at night, etc.) so I often find myself feeling a little bit spooked. 

I keep hoping that being the pet-parent to a black cat might somehow magically off-set or cancel out any ghosts or other scary phenomenon.  ;) :)

How old is the building you live in Amanda? I love old buildings and old houses too  :) Now I remember your black cat Vivien. There is a picture of her on here somewhere.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 11:53:26 am »

Yep, this is Vivien... It's a pic of her that my Dad took when she was one year old (she's now almost 3) and she's shown lounging on an air mattress that she has since managed to deflate with her claws.  She used to love to play on this air mattress.  I had to go out and buy a new one recently.

And, my leasing agent told me that the building is from the 1920s and it definitely feels old as a stucture.  It has lots of character.  For intance, my apartment has a really pretty non-working fireplace and really high ceilings with nice molding, etc.  The creepy aspects of the building include the really, really long hallways in the common corridors that are carpeted with a black and red swirling design (a really wacky carpet selection really).  Everyone who comes over says the hallways remind them of the Shining.

Also, I've posted elsewhere about the weird waterpressure in the building that sometimes causes the toilet to gurgle in unpleasant ways and even very occasionally to flush itself!  Once the faucet in my bathroom turned on by itself too.  I really do explain all of this as part of the exceptionally strong water pressure in the building (taking a shower can be great in my apartment because the water can be so strong... it's like a massage if you want it to be).  Still, it can be very spooky when it happens.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 12:03:44 pm »
Yep, this is Vivien... It's a pic of her that my Dad took when she was one year old (she's now almost 3) and she's shown lounging on an air mattress that she has since managed to deflate with her claws.  She used to love to play on this air mattress.  I had to go out and buy a new one recently.

And, my leasing agent told me that the building is from the 1920s and it definitely feels old as a stucture.  It has lots of character.  For intance, my apartment has a really pretty non-working fireplace and really high ceilings with nice molding, etc.  The creepy aspects of the building include the really, really long hallways in the common corridors that are carpeted with a black and red swirling design (a really wacky carpet selection really).  Everyone who comes over says the hallways remind them of the Shining.

Also, I've posted elsewhere about the weird waterpressure in the building that sometimes causes the toilet to gurgle in unpleasant ways and even very occasionally to flush itself!  Once the faucet in my bathroom turned on by itself too.  I really do explain all of this as part of the exceptionally strong water pressure in the building (taking a shower can be great in my apartment because the water can be so strong... it's like a massage if you want it to be).  Still, it can be very spooky when it happens.

Your building sounds great Amanda!!! Although I'm sure it is scary when strange things happen. I love the Shining. Did you know that the hotel in Estes Park was the one that the tv mini series was filmed in? And here is a picture of Code although I think most of you have already seen it. He is between 2 1/2 and 3 years old now so he is about the same age as Vivien. Maybe they are related since I don't know where he came from  :)