Author Topic: Watching The Dark Knight in San Francisco?  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Watching The Dark Knight in San Francisco?
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:23:33 pm »
Hi
On July 18th I will be visiting the states and on that date I will be in San Francisco. I thought it would be a lot of fun to actually see the movie when it premiers.
However, I know nothing about it works in SF. Do you think I will be able to get a ticket to the movie for the premier or will it be completely sold out?
Can I buy tickets in advance online? Will the movie be shown in many different theatres on that date?

So many questions:)

I need a little help to decide to even bother getting tickets to the premiere, or if I should just wait and watch it a few days later?

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Watching The Dark Knight in San Francisco?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:17:34 am »

Hi, Buffymon--

I intend to see The Dark Knight at the premiere on Friday, July 18, but in New York (at the giant IMAX screen on Broadway).

There is an IMAX screen in San Francisco, and I'm absolutely sure it will be showing The Dark Knight--how else??

The IMAX is at
AMC Loews Metreon 16 Theatre
101 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
phone: (415) 369-6201

It's a few blocks from Union Square--here's a google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2006-09,GWYA:en&q=101+4th+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94103,+USA&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Keep looking at the Fandango (ticket sales) site to see when the movie has been released:

http://www.fandango.com/amcloewsmetreon16withimax_aanem/theaterpage?rdate=06-09-2008&wssac=99&rfilter=rdate&wssaffid=11663_AMC_AMCcom_AssistedMovieGoing

DEFINITELY buy your ticket on line as soon as it is available--also I'm sure some CA and SF Brokies can help re: better ticket info as the premiere comes closer.

I hope you have a wonderful time--I love San Francisco (especially North Beach and Telegraph Hill, but that's me--)

John

:)

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:14:12 pm »
Hi, Buffymon--

I intend to see The Dark Knight at the premiere on Friday, July 18, but in New York (at the giant IMAX screen on Broadway).

There is an IMAX screen in San Francisco, and I'm absolutely sure it will be showing The Dark Knight--how else??

The IMAX is at
AMC Loews Metreon 16 Theatre
101 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
phone: (415) 369-6201

It's a few blocks from Union Square--here's a google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2006-09,GWYA:en&q=101+4th+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94103,+USA&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Keep looking at the Fandango (ticket sales) site to see when the movie has been released:

http://www.fandango.com/amcloewsmetreon16withimax_aanem/theaterpage?rdate=06-09-2008&wssac=99&rfilter=rdate&wssaffid=11663_AMC_AMCcom_AssistedMovieGoing

DEFINITELY buy your ticket on line as soon as it is available--also I'm sure some CA and SF Brokies can help re: better ticket info as the premiere comes closer.

I hope you have a wonderful time--I love San Francisco (especially North Beach and Telegraph Hill, but that's me--)

John

:)

Hi John! Thanks for helping me out! Im gonna keep a close on that ticket site and perfect location since our hostel is situated on Union Square. What a wonderful opportunity to spice up my vacation :). I´d be lost without all you wonderful people. Thanks!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:22:48 pm »
There is a gay movie social club called the SF Movie Bears, and they intend to sell out/purchase the whole 8:30pm IMAX show July 18th...  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...or get your ticket NOW.