Author Topic: TDK Premiere - article from MSNBC  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
TDK Premiere - article from MSNBC
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:42:08 pm »

Heya,

I just found this article about TDK premiere on the MSNBC website.  It's interesting that this mentions Jake attending.  But, somehow a lot of this sounds like rumor and speculation, but maybe I've just learned to be skeptical when it comes to reporting like this.

‘Dark Knight’ premiere not a Ledger tribute
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25463577/

By Courtney Hazlett
The Scoop
updated 10:28 p.m. ET, Mon., June. 30, 2008

Contrary to some of the buzz surrounding the New York City premiere of “Dark Knight,” the July 14 event will not serve as a tribute to the late Heath Ledger, nor will Michelle Williams be attending. In fact, the attendance of Ledger’s family isn’t certain, according to a rep for Warner Bros.

In terms of who will be there and the intent of the premiere, Williams’ rep Mara Buxbaum said, “There is misinformation all over the place.” One thing is for certain: Williams was never planning on being at the premiere. “(The premiere) was never on her calendar and she’s not in the movie. This isn’t a press event for her,” said Buxbaum. “She’s not going, there is no reason.”

As for Ledger’s family coming in from Australia, a rep for Warner Bros. said, “We cannot confirm that yet. We’re not even sure they’re coming.” But OK! magazine is reporting that Ledger’s “Brokeback Mountain” co-star Jake Gyllenhaal will join his sister Maggie, who play’s Batman’s love interest Rachel Dawes in “Dark Knight.”

Regarding whether the evening will serve as a tribute, the studio would only say, “We’re treating it like a premiere.”

A rep for Warner Bros. also could not confirm the “tribute” at the end of the film, but one insider does say that “Chris Nolan made the decision that as the screen credits roll, there is a tribute to Heath.”

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: TDK Premiere - article from MSNBC
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
While I certainly an keen on seeing Heath's performance, I am very much looking forward to Maggie Gyllenhaal's as well. The bit I saw in the trailer is tantilizing.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."