Author Topic: Brokeback Airs on Cable during Premier of Dark Knight  (Read 2289 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Brokeback Airs on Cable during Premier of Dark Knight
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:52 am »
Bravo ran BBM this weekend, but it was not clear if it was intended as a tribute to Heath's career as Dark Knight premiered. I took it as such, and if that was their intent, it was appreciated.

What I did not appreciate, though, was the constant ads popping up on screen during the movie; silly, ditsy announcements that totally interrupted the tone and flow of the film. Bravo and others have embraced that relatively new technigue to blunt viewers from missing commercials during true commercial breaks, but it is as annoying as a swarm of mosquitos.

The other item I found surprising was the dubbing of script. Instead of bleeping out, they added words. Rather than Heath's expressively calling out Jack's name upon first meeting after their separation with "Jack Fucking Twist", it changed to "Jack Frederick Twist". Instead of Jack's response to Heath at their last meeting with "...high altitude fucks.,." it changed to "..high altitude flings.." There were several others as well.

Anyone know about these edits?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club