Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325329 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 06:52:42 pm »

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 07:24:52 pm »
 :D[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ob-DXU9Ea8[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »
Plus there is her seldom mentioned marriage to William Shakespear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hathaway_(Shakespeare)

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:37:29 pm »
Pretty!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 02:00:00 am »
Plus there is her seldom mentioned marriage to William Shakespear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hathaway_(Shakespeare)

???

I clicked on the link but nothing came up.

Tell us more Truman.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 09:50:52 am »
???

I clicked on the link but nothing came up.

Tell us more Truman.  :)

Try this, Fabienne:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hathaway_Shakespeare

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 02:43:26 pm »
Heh, I've visited Anne Hathaway's cottage a couple of times. Even walked into her bedroom! My excuse is that she'd not been there herself for some considerable time.

But back to the other Anne.... did anyone see "Becoming Jane"? I very recently got hold of the DVD and watched it. I thought the story wasn't particularly riveting, tbh. It tried too much to prove that Jane Austen's real life provided direct inspiration for all her novels, and ended up rather flat when it wasn't overly melodramatic. But Anne did a great job with the material at hand, and it wasn't by any means a bad film.  :)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »
Wow. The Anne cottage visitation must've been quite an experience for ya'. You're so lucky. :)

Btw, the "Becoming Jane" thing was wonderful and Anne did a good job in that movie. She's a good actress. I don't understand why she wasn't nominated for that movie even if she wasn't for this movie. Oh well.
But, kudos to her. :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »
A bit of news from Yahoo:

Hathaway's dark role sparks early awards buzz

By Silvia Aloisi

VENICE (Reuters) - Anne Hathaway's dark role in "Rachel Getting Married," which premiered this week in Venice, is generating early Oscar buzz, with several critics hailing her departure from fairytale and comic characters.

In the family drama directed by Jonathan Demme, Hathaway plays Kym, a recovering drug addict who checks out of a rehabilitation center to attend her sister's wedding.

Her acerbic one-liners and need for attention serve as the catalysts for long-simmering family tensions to come to the boil, forcing her to confront her sense of guilt over the death of her little brother.

"An award-worthy Anne Hathaway gives the story a clear central focus," wrote the Hollywood Reporter, while rival trade publication Variety called her "fragile, angry, superb."

Hathaway, best known for her girl-next-door performances in "The Princess Diaries" and "The Devil Wears Prada," told Reuters on Thursday it was too early to think about awards.

"It's the beginning of September and if I started being concerned about buzz now I would never make it through Christmas," Hathaway said in an interview.

"I could not be happier with this film, whatever happens to it. If it sinks at the box office, if it doesn't ever win an award, it's so successful in my mind," the 25-year-old added.

Hathaway has said Kym was the most complex role she had taken on so far.

Critics also praised Debra Winger's brief but intense performance in the film as the dysfunctional family's aloof mother. Screen Daily said three-time Oscar nominee Winger had made the small supporting role memorable.

"'Rachel Getting Married' will undoubtedly be up for awards consideration in the major categories," it wrote.

Most critics said the movie helped lift a weaker-than-usual lineup at the Venice film festival this year, and Hathaway's appearance on the red carpet gave the festival a welcome touch of Hollywood glamour.

Demme's previous films include 1991 thriller "The Silence of the Lambs," which won five Oscars, and 1993 AIDS drama "Philadelphia."

Reuters/Nielsen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:26:23 pm »

I saw a promo about 'Rachel Getting Married' on some entertainment program recently, and it looks really interesting!  I'm excited to see Anne taking on another serious role or at least a more challenging role.  I like her fun/ light movies, but I think she has a lot more potential as an actress (as we clearly saw in BBM) than some of the lighter roles seem to allow.

Also, this pic is just incredibly hot!  :P

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie