Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 328778 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2012, 03:45:03 pm »
They make a very attractive couple.  They married in Big Sur?  Ah man, I love Big Sur - it's paradise!  I wish I was there right now!  ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »
All of always knew that Anne was a class act:

Newlywed Anne Hathaway will donate money from wedding photos to marriage campaign

By Adam Polaski

In September, actress Anne Hathaway celebrated her wedding day with longtime partner Adam Shulman. The 29-year-old actress, who starred in this summer's blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises and who is featured in this winter's big-screen adaptation of Les Misérables, enjoyed a private wedding with family members and friends in Big Sur, California.

Now, Hathaway is doing her part to ensure that same-sex couples across the country can enjoy a fairytale wedding like hers; this week, she announced that she'll be donating some of the sales from her wedding photographs to non-profits advocating for marriage for same-sex couples, including Freedom to Marry. Reports also indicate that she'll be splitting the profits between groups like the American Cancer Society, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and The Girl Effect.

The donation from the sales of her wedding photos is the latest way that Hathaway has taken a stand for the freedom to marry. In 2008, she talked publicly for the first time about her brother, who is gay, and explained that their relationship has compelled her to advocate as an ally to the LGBT community. In 2008 she was awarded the Human Rights Campaign's Ally Award and gave a rousing speech about the importance of acceptance of LGBT people. She said, "I don't consider myself just an ally to the LGBT community, I consider myself your family. And so, I'm doing what we should all do with our families - I'm loving you, I support you, I completely accept you as you are, as I hope you do me, and if anyone ever tries to hurt you, I'm going to give them hell."

Most recently, Hathaway and Shulman have been serving as members of our National Honorary Host Committee for our National Engagement Party, which wrapped on Saturday, October 13 and raised a total of $500,000 for Freedom to Marry's Win More States Fund, 100% of which is strategically channeled into the four states - Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington - where marriage is on the ballot on Election Day. 

We thank Hathaway and Shulman for their support and appreciate their decision to take the opportunity of their nuptials to speak out about why marriage matters. 

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/blog/entry/newlywed-anne-hathaway-will-donate-money-from-wedding-photos-to-marriage-ca
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #652 on: November 12, 2012, 11:45:54 am »
from Belfast Telegraph today:

Anne Hathaway will be 'fierce' mom

Monday, 12 November 2012

Anne Hathaway predicts she will love her children "quite fiercely".

The American actress got married to Adam Shulman earlier this year and although they aren't planning a family just yet Anne is looking forward to becoming a mother.

She is currently promoting her movie Les Misérables, in which she portrays Fantine. The character is special to Anne as her mother portrayed her 20 years ago, before she stopped acting to concentrate on her family.

"It made me think about how fiercely she loved us. And now, of course, with me having this beyond-my-wildest-dreams success in my own career... knowing what that must have been like for her to put that aside for the good of her children," she explained to the latest edition of US Vogue.

"Oh, my God. I want to be a mother, and I anticipate loving my children quite fiercely. I think about it all the time, though it's a silly thing to think about because the kind of mother I'll be depends on the kind of children I have. I can't wait to meet them."

Anne has undergone a transformation to play Fantine. As well as cutting off her long hair she has dropped around 25lbs. to ensure she is believable as a character who is fighting a lengthy illness.

She underwent a strict cleanse to help her lose weight at first, then stuck to a brutal diet to slim down even more. At one point she was eating just "two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste" each day, the publication reports.

"I had to be obsessive about it - the idea was to look near death," she explained. "Looking back on the whole experience - and I don't judge it in any way - it was definitely a little nuts. It was definitely a break with reality, but I think that's who Fantine is anyway."

Adam helped Anne through the whole experience, which she found draining. She isn't sure she would have coped so well had it not been for his unwavering support.

"I was in such a state of deprivation - physical and emotional. When I got home, I couldn't react to the chaos of the world without being overwhelmed," she said.

"It took me weeks till I felt like myself again. Adam was there. He gets what I do and who I am and supports me in it, and that's pretty awesome."

© Cover Media

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/anne-hathaway-will-be-fierce-mom-16236761.html#ixzz2C1PrCsH9
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #653 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

© WENN/ Anne Hathaway

Jackman: Hathaway is Oscars gold in 'Les Miserables'

Nov. 22, 2012, 12:00 PM EST

WENN

Actor Hugh Jackman has tapped his "Les Miserables" co-star Anne Hathaway for Oscars gold, insisting he was blown away the moment she started singing in rehearsals.

Hathaway portrays tragic prostitute Fantine in the upcoming film adaptation of the hit musical and Jackman is convinced she has a real shot at taking home a Best Actress Academy Award at next year's ceremony.

He tells Vogue magazine, "After Annie's first day of rehearsal, I said to Tom, 'You can just turn the camera on, digitally remove the script from her hands, and she's going to win the Academy Award.'"

And Jackman wasn't the only one left awestruck by Hathaway's vocal abilities. Amanda Seyfried, who plays Fantine's daughter Cosette in the movie musical, says, "As soon as I heard her sing, I was like, 'Oh s**t. I've got to up my game big time.'"
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #654 on: November 24, 2012, 12:44:30 pm »
I got to see the first screening of "Les Miz" yesterday, thanks to a friend in the Screen Actors Guild.  Afterwards there was a Q & A with Anne, the director Tom Hooper ("The King's Speech"), Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne and Samantha Barks.  Tom Hooper said he just finished the film the day before.  :P

Anne looks amazing.  She was wearing tight black pants, a white T-shirt with what looked like a face on it similar to the Joker face, black cardigan and sky high red heels.  Her hair is still super short, which makes her eyes look even more enormous, if that's possible.

The movie is intense and looks fabulous, with lots of overhead shots of Paris, especially the gangbusters opening (CGI, I assume) and great costumes.  The director decided to make it through-sung, so no dialogue.  Hugh Jackman is terrific and really needs to be nominated, as does Anne for her short but important role.  Colm Wilkinson, the original Jean Valjean, is cast as the priest, a nice touch.  Russell Crowe does well as the villain Javert, but his singing is only adequate.

My main criticism is that after awhile (and the movie is 2:30) the intensity is too unvaried, and the director's habit of tight closeups on faces during solo songs gets wearing--plus everybody cries buckets.  If you go, sit further back to avoid feeling claustrophobic.  The comic relief of Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter's trashy innkeepers was very much needed.

The singing in the movie was done live, which makes it more immediate.  The cast said they wore earpieces to hear piano accompaniment while they were being filmed and the orchestra was added later. 

Apologies for bad iPhone quality pics:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #655 on: November 24, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
I've heard her sing in the trailer and am prepared to be blown away! Thank you for the review and pics friend. It's so nice to have friends in NY!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #656 on: November 24, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »
Thanks, Meryl, you lucky dog! 

I can't wait.  Too bad about Russell Crowe--Javert has two really great arias.  Philip Quast was amazing:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw[/youtube]

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #657 on: November 24, 2012, 06:02:43 pm »
Wow - how cool, Meryl! Thanks for the report! Anne looks amazing - as always.

About the movie - two and a half hours without any speaking? :o
I doubt I will ever watch it. My favorite adaption of Les Mis is the Bille August movie from 98 - starring Geoffrey Rush as Javert.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDndBqJAZw&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #658 on: November 24, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »
Wow- I am sure you didn´t haft to think twice on going to the show, Meryl.  ;D  free tickets, good seats, and so close and also an astounding Anne. I am mighty impressed. Thank you for reporting.  :) BTW your images is totally OK.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #659 on: November 24, 2012, 07:58:47 pm »
les from 2011 with of course Gerard Depardieu

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcBQtqxFEvI&feature=watch-vrec[/youtube]