Author Topic: I'm freakin' out here  (Read 12750 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: I'm freakin' out here
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:46:14 pm »
I have both cats and dogs and although love  them all dearly, the cats are way more clever. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.
We have been having, an ongoing argument about the bath taps,well it 's the royal we, I have had a right go at my kids for turning on the tap in our ensuite, apart form anything else, it is the size of a swimming pool and our water rate is going up.I was quietly plucking my eyebrows one day, when my black cat came in, cools as a cucumber and pushed the tap on with his paw and startted drinking from the tap.
The problem is when he had finished he did not turn off the tap.!!!! One mystery solved.
The same cat can reach up and I kid you not ring our doorbell to be let in.He has also learned to sit on the toilet, but cannot flush.
So me personally, I would not put anything past a cat. If I leave the front door shut, but not locked,he can pull the handle down and let himself in.That took some time for me to figure out waht was going on there.
The dogs are lovely,but the furthest they have evolved is to scratch my door to pieces to be let in.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 08:59:07 pm »
Those cats of yours Fiona are very clever....obviously where theres a will theres a way.

We had a cat, who, if he couldnt get out to pee, he would sit over the grated hole in the bathroom floor and do it.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 09:06:38 pm »
I worked it out......here it is.........the phantom torch turner onner.....

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 09:20:59 pm »
I worked it out......here it is.........the phantom torch turner onner.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline optom3

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 09:48:34 pm »
Those cats of yours Fiona are very clever....obviously where theres a will theres a way.

We had a cat, who, if he couldnt get out to pee, he would sit over the grated hole in the bathroom floor and do it.

I would be even more impressed if he could flush it. I have to say he could teach the other 3 males in this house a lesson in aiming straight !!!!!!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 09:57:10 pm »
I would be even more impressed if he could flush it. I have to say he could teach the other 3 males in this house a lesson in aiming straight !!!!!!

Even if you could just teach him to put the toilet seat down, the others might take a bit of notice. ::)

And I know what you are saying...one husband, two sons, two grandsons.....surely they can make that tiny little flow get somewhere in the perimeters of that dam big round toilet bowl.... :o

Offline optom3

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:41 pm »
Even if you could just teach him to put the toilet seat down, the others might take a bit of notice. ::)

And I know what you are saying...one husband, two sons, two grandsons.....surely they can make that tiny little flow get somewhere in the perimeters of that dam big round toilet bowl.... :o

You made me chuckle, so true ,so true.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 10:58:28 pm »
That is such a cute story Fiona! Thanks for telling us about your cat!

That's one of the many reasons why I love animals so much. Just when we think we have them figured out, they turn around and amaze us once again. They really are much smarter than we give them credit for. My dog Cody knows how to pick up his toys and put them back in his toybox in the livingroom. He's pretty good at doing it too, although sometimes I have to remind him.

And my tuxedo cat Oreo has fallen in love with an old dish rag. He's been carrying it around with him for months and I have no idea why he's doing it. He has plenty of toys too, and he plays with them, but he INSISTS on packing that rag with him everywhere he goes.  ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 11:07:03 pm »
That is such a cute story Fiona! Thanks for telling us about your cat!

That's one of the many reasons why I love animals so much. Just when we think we have them figured out, they turn around and amaze us once again. They really are much smarter than we give them credit for. My dog Cody knows how to pick up his toys and put them back in his toybox in the livingroom. He's pretty good at doing it too, although sometimes I have to remind him.

And my tuxedo cat Oreo has fallen in love with an old dish rag. He's been carrying it around with him for months and I have no idea why he's doing it. He has plenty of toys too, and he plays with them, but he INSISTS on packing that rag with him everywhere he goes.  ???

My cat Vivien has a "security blanket" or "wobbie" type toy too.  In her case, it's a green feather on a long stick... it's a tickling toy designed for cats.  My parents gave it to her as a gift the very first time they met her when she was a 2 month old kitten.  And immediately... and I really mean immediately, she picked up the toy from the feather part and carried/ dragged it around the apartment with her.  It was soooooooooo cute because the toy was so much bigger than she was.  And, now that she's 3 years old, she still drags the same toy around with her all the time.  She hates it when people mess with it and has no interest in me "dangling" it or playing with it for her in the manner it was intended.  She also likes to sleep with it.  The green feather part is disgusting and matted from all the times she's carried it around in her mouth.  But, she loves it even in it's current, sort of sad condition.

I bought her two other identical green feather toys on sticks and she has no interest in them.  Some how that first one she got as the present from my parents has the magic touch for her.

As far as Vivien turning things on and off... she definitely knows how to flush the toilet.  She goes through phases where she finds that fun.  And, she also knows how to turn the light on and off in my kitchen.  The light switch is right above the counter, so all she needs to do is sit on the counter and it's easy for her to reach the switch.  It's really funny and surprising when she gets into a mood to play with the light because she rarely does it and it can be quite a shock at first to see the light flickering on and off rapidly (she likes to flick it on and off repeatedly when she's in the mood to mess with the light).

Lately, her bad-cat habit has been opening cabinet doors and climbing in.  She seems to be able to push her way out of the cabinet doors with no problem... but this new habit really worries me.  I would really hate to think of her getting stuck in a cabinet when I'm at work or something.  I'm seriously thinking about child proofing some of my cabinets.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

injest

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:41 pm »

I am just happy when they decide to USE the indoor plumbing instead of my landscaping...