Author Topic: Now It's Too Darned Hot...  (Read 13369 times)

vkm91941

Re: Now It's Too Darned Hot...
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 02:30:28 pm »
It was a blistering 98 here yesterday and it's already 93 this morning!  If this is any indication of the summer...LOOK OUT

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 05:40:39 pm »
Thanks for reminding me why I live at 7300 ft in the Rocky Mountains...don't even own an air conditioner!! If you want to cool off, check out the pic I took last week of skiiers on the Continental Divide at my blog "Front-Ranger's Questions" in Our Daily Thoughts.

I'd mention the Wyoming get-together we're planning later this month but it gets pretty hot in that part of Wyoming...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 06:42:22 pm »
You just can't please some people.

"That's just what Jesus said!"

(and both quotes are from... c'mon, which film?!)

And Phillip, the weather is as dreadfully cold here as in Germany, but the countryside is nicer here (sorry Anke), so wanna switch with ME?
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 07:49:16 pm »
Heh.  93 degrees F is lovely summer weather for Texas.  Wish it would stay that at that temp instead of jacking up to 98 degrees and higher and staying there until November.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »
93 degrees yesterday and today in SB CA-pretty unheard of in June. A week ago everyone was complaining about the gloom, this week everyone is complaining about the heat. Mom nature just cain't win fer losin'.
And I chose today to WALK downtown-about 21 blocks each way.

Heathen

gattaca

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 09:13:37 am »
Come to Tucson Arizona! Where men are men and the sheep fear them! (or something like that) -

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 12:38:14 pm »
Looks like moving to Mt. Lemmon might be a good idea.  I dunno about "dry heat" either.  I can tolerate hot weather if the wind is blowing.  There are some places where the wind can make all the difference. 

Summers here in western NY are often not too different from the south during the day.  Hot and humid.  But things usually cool down more at night, and the number of 90+ degree days are also usually far less.

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 09:54:48 pm »
There's almost nothing you can depend on about the weather in Boston - temperatures and moisture usually the opposite one year from the last.  But if you have a hot summer day, you can count on those cooler sea breezes getting sucked in over the land starting around noon.  I'll even delay an errand or a walk around then if they haven't started up yet, I know they won't be long.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 11:48:34 pm »
There's almost nothing you can depend on about the weather in Boston - temperatures and moisture usually the opposite one year from the last.  But if you have a hot summer day, you can count on those cooler sea breezes getting sucked in over the land starting around noon.  I'll even delay an errand or a walk around then if they haven't started up yet, I know they won't be long.

Andrew -

You remember what they use to say about the weather in Indiana don't you?

"If you don't like the weather here, wait a minute".

We were enjoying nice cool temperatures from the North this past week, but it is coming to an end. They are forecasting temperatures well into the 90's later this week with full humidity. "The air that you wear" as they say.

It was even worse in Evansville. It was hard to breathe down there in the summertime. A lot of people don't realize how hot it gets here in Indiana until they come here.... and then they can't believe it. I remember a friend of mine tried to fry and egg on the hood of her car one summer. It didn't actually fry, but it actually began to solidify and turned a little crisp around the edges. I always wondered if she had just let it sizzle on the car a few minutes longer, perhaps it might have actually fried.

Now that's HOT!! ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 11:34:12 pm »
HEAT WAVE!  In the mid 90s today.  I did my power walk at 10 at night tonight.  I notice it was 98 in Riverton a little while ago, with all of 8% humidity.  I don't think that's ever possible here in western NY.  Childress was in the triple digits.  Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Rochester got nearly 4 inches of rain in a matter of hours on Wednesday which flooded out several roadways and caused some sinkholes.  That amount of rain here is unheard of in such a short amount of time.  We also have a denser soil here, so it doesn't soak in so fast....
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming