Author Topic: MTV MOVIE AWARDS  (Read 12058 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: MTV MOVIE AWARDS TONIGHT!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 01:25:05 pm »
Yesterday, I had no idea when the show would be on, was flipping channels and found the show on channel 90 or something (Mtv Canada? - I had no idea I had that..LOL)..I got there just when Justin and Eva were about to give the award for Best Kiss!  I was sooooo happy!   :D

I thought the "ranch hand job" thing was funny!   ;D (Especially since they said it over and over and over..)lol
Jake was abit embarrassed and so cute!  :-*
All his acceptance speeches were great, especially the "I gotta thank my co-star, couldn't have done it without him.."
*sigh* I love me some Jake!

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 03:58:56 pm »
I thought it was funny when he accepted the Best Kiss Award....and after saying "it was worth it!" and the audience hooted and hollared....and then Jake said it again really slow...while looking at the strange popcorn award....."yep....it was definitely worth it." It was funny cuz it looked like he was thinking "what the fuck is this thing?" JT laughed. It was really cute.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 12:11:49 am »
 :) for anyone who missed the show, here is the clip of Jake and Heath winning from You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQj1EXq2jM

you gotta love Jake - the man doesn't do ugly in any sense of the word................... :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 12:21:20 am »
:) for anyone who missed the show, here is the clip of Jake and Heath winning from You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQj1EXq2jM

you gotta love Jake - the man doesn't do ugly in any sense of the word................... :D

Thanks....its hillarious!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: MTV MOVIE AWARDS
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 12:51:07 pm »
Here's the clip - very high resolution without any of the YouTube crap.  Enjoy!

http://www.malcontent.biz/video/bbm-kiss-hi.wmv
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 04:35:34 pm »
I am sooo pissed off! >:( I have just found out that it started at 7:30 here and it is now 9:30 so it is fair enough to say that I have missed it. Grrrr :'( I don't even know if it is repeated. I was gonna get my friend to tape it for me cause I don't have MTV...I wonder why but now cause I didn't tell her a time as I forgot it was on today I can't tell her to tape it.

Btw great clip Celeste!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:52 pm »
Does anyone have an inside track over at imdb?  I was just checking that amazing chart of award wins and nominations near the bottom of the main Brokeback Mountain info page and I noticed that they haven't updated the situation for the MTV Movie Awards... It still just says "nominated" for the best kiss and best performance.  How long does it usually take over there for things to get updated?  If this remains wrong for too long, I'll begin to get worried about the statistics and info over there in general.
 :-\
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 12:19:48 pm »
Something's funky with my Mtv Europe. I checked the Electronic Guide, it said it wasn't on, so I went on the website and it told me it'd be on last night. It was not. Maybe I should try Mtv Base...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 01:16:35 pm »
I am about to ring my friend and ask her if she can tape me the highlights cause they are repeated tonight, so fingers crossed for me. Plus it smells like cheese up here so I am going down stairs now, I will be on later.

P.s Where have you been Chan, you haven't been on in what seems like ages!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »
I've been here, I just haven't said much for a while.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!