Author Topic: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! The World of Soccer  (Read 100317 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2006, 07:55:50 am »
Oh definitely! You should see ME today, with that success by proxy (and after seeing this pic of Henry!) :laugh:

You know Isabelle I was mad at the french team because of the way they beat up Spain! But I have gotten over it already. I have to admit they're playing very good. Their defense tactics are very good, although sometimes they get a little dirty. Thought they played dirty against Spain, but that's football. I loved how Zidane hugged Figo at the end of the game, and how the exchange their shirts, and just put them on neverminding the sweat. Zidane did the same thing with Ronaldo when they played against Brasil.

Even though I think France is winning this cup, I'll be rooting for Italy on Sunday, SORRY! Nothing against the french, seriuously. Just that I have tons of italians friends here in Madrid. (They'd kill me otherwise, LOL  ;D)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:00:10 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2006, 09:19:02 am »

More Party-pictures!!   :)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #222 on: July 06, 2006, 09:26:24 am »

Same thing in Italy the night before...  :)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2006, 09:55:08 am »

And Germany? Sigh...  :-\

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2006, 10:18:56 am »

Even though I think France is winning this cup, I'll be rooting for Italy on Sunday, SORRY! Nothing against the french, seriuously. Just that I have tons of italians friends here in Madrid. (They'd kill me otherwise, LOL  ;D)

LOL!! And you're not afraid I might kill you when I see you in London? If you dare come over, that is?? :laugh:
No, the tone in which you speak, well, write, is so devoid of aggressiveness that I don't mind you supporting the Italians. You are not deriding last night's French victory. Hell, I like the Spaniards so much, I wouldn't have minded if they'd won against France (I really am not nationalistic in the least, nor into football really). But hey, it is so good for me to see this team win, because back in 1998, their victory took on an anti-racist claim: they were the same players: Black, Arab, white, and this team winning was like: this is how France will win, by having all colors of people come together. And the Black and Arab youths had national heroes to identify with, it was really a big thing. So, I wouldn't mind witnessing such a great spirit of togetherness, "brotherhood" as our motto says.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2006, 10:27:02 am »
More important than nationalism, politics, governments or anything else is the question that's been troubling me:

Do soccer players have

a) better sex after a winning match
b) better sex after a losing match
c) no sex -- are you f--king kidding me, honey?  Did you see me running for two straight hours out there?  I know I'm made of muscle but please, can we do it in the morning?

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:19 am »
More important than nationalism, politics, governments or anything else is the question that's been troubling me:

Do soccer players have

c) no sex -- are you f--king kidding me, honey?  Did you see me running for two straight hours out there?  I know I'm made of muscle but please, can we do it in the morning?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta love your new name, Thierryhenrypie!  ;D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2006, 11:10:32 am »
LOL!! And you're not afraid I might kill you when I see you in London? If you dare come over, that is?? :laugh:
No, the tone in which you speak, well, write, is so devoid of aggressiveness that I don't mind you supporting the Italians. You are not deriding last night's French victory. Hell, I like the Spaniards so much, I wouldn't have minded if they'd won against France (I really am not nationalistic in the least, nor into football really). But hey, it is so good for me to see this team win, because back in 1998, their victory took on an anti-racist claim: they were the same players: Black, Arab, white, and this team winning was like: this is how France will win, by having all colors of people come together. And the Black and Arab youths had national heroes to identify with, it was really a big thing. So, I wouldn't mind witnessing such a great spirit of togetherness, "brotherhood" as our motto says.

Fraternité! I wish people had that sense of brotherhood in their everyday lives. It would make better world. But back to football, it sad to see the violence among the football fans. I'm not so much of a football fan. I only watch the world cup because its unique, but other than that, I couldn't care less. I've seen a few matches though, and sometimes people in the public yell racist insults to black players. I saw a game once (Barça agaisnt Getafe) and some people were refering to Barça player Etoo, who's from Cameroon, as the monkey. That was so rude, and so out of place. Same thing happens to Ronaldinho and other non white players , they get insulted for their skin colors for some stupid game. I hate that.

Ps. I still don't know if I'm going to make it to London. I doubt it to tell you the truth, because I might have to participate in a conference here in Spain. But I'll let you know.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:25 am »

Do soccer players have

Hehehe...ThierryHenryPie...NICE!  ;D

I read somewhere that Ronaldo likes a good shag with his wife before a big game because it makes him ...errrr...vigorous in the game!  I don't know how true it is, but oh well!  ;D

Love me some Ronaldo!... ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2006, 11:46:20 am »

I do wish the Netherlands was still in it though! :(

Sniffle... :'(

Me too...