Author Topic: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?  (Read 17382 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 07:10:35 pm »
Hey Kirk,

As we say in Spanish mucha suerte! I wish you the very best on your new endeavours. I know what's like to move to a new city, and start a whole new life. And good luck with the recording!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:41:01 pm »
Some people lead such interesting lives.  :-\

*sigh*  I will live vicariously through you Kirk.  Keep us in the loop and let us know how it is going!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 09:04:44 pm »
But the big question is, who can ever fill your shoes in Beach Blanket Babylon?!  :P

Well, they'll have to cope, I guess.  Kirk, that sounds marvelous.  Good for you for looking ahead and following your heart.  Speaking of which, your guy is cute.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 09:14:57 pm »
Kirk, thanks so much for letting us know what you're up to instead of just disappearing. Good luck to you! I hope you'll still keep us updated from time to time. (Assuming you don't have problems with your wife card, of course.  ;))

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 03:06:06 am »
That Courtney.  Always gotta play the wife card. (Okay, getting everybody in on the joke: Once while in the chatroom I was explaining how my "wifi" card had been malfunctioning.  "Wifi" was mistaken for "wife" and the joke was expanded upon.)

Thanks for the good wishes, everybody.  It's funny how it doesn't feel like I'm starting a new life but stepping into the life I always should have had, or the one I've been building towards since day one.  I definitely will keep everyone posted as things progress.  Maybe the cd release party could be a another Brokie event?  Maybe I'll have to do more than one?

;) ;D ::) :-*

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:27 am »
Hey song and dance man.  You have been missed.  Glad you're still with us. It is a family that needs all its parts.  We can always expand, but it hurts to lose any part of it.  Enjoy mate and thanks for taking us with you!  *MWA*
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:23 am »
Man! Kirk. You were telling us about in bits and pieces, and I was really excited for you. To read it all together in one post, I'm just realizing what an amazing road is ahead of you. Your talent is going to win you many fans, and that smile of yours is going to make them fall in love. I can't wait to be at your first concert.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:27:00 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 11:26:00 am »
What everybody else said, Kirk.  I'm really glad you are "back," and I have it on my to do list: travel to LA for Kirk's first __(Something)__.

It all sounds so good - the nieces, the shorts, the CD, the ready-made group of warm/cool friends.  I know what you mean about stepping into the life you've been heading towards - my memory of moving to Seattle 13 years ago reads like a smooth script, the way I remember it I stepped into wonderful friendships and exciting work right away.  It felt like this is the right place, after other not so right places.

I really liked your really special guy.  It felt like he trusted himself and comfortably trusted me too, like he wears himself pretty comfortably.  And though I joked about it, I respected his decision to not go see something that he had reason to believe would devastate him while he very much needed to remain functional.  (Like me not going to Alcatraz - I sure didn't reckon on people likening it to an Italian villa!)

Anyway, I love you, I love your musical mom, I love your new life, and I can't wait to plunk down my bucks for your CD.  Do you have a way of sharing a song or two (even rough) via MP3 or sump'n?

Clarissa

P.S. I bet those BBB people can throw one heck of a bon voyage party. 

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 08:05:28 pm »
Way to go, Kirk! I'm always impressed with people that follow their dreams. I'm equally as impressed that you're dating Chris Daughtry!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 08:47:26 pm »
I'm equally as impressed that you're dating Chris Daughtry!

;)
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"