Author Topic: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?  (Read 17339 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 01:32:35 am »
Gald to see you around Kirk and update on your move.  The thread for our small farewell gathering is here:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3296.msg61551#msg61551

Please don't mind the gossip part.  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 04:07:24 am »
good to hearhow you are getting on Kirk! and that you and Nick are still going strong.
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 07:37:48 am »
I have no idea who Chris Daughtry is  :laugh:  but he sure looks fine! Way to go Kirk!

Hope all goes well too, with everything else planned this summer!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 10:43:56 am »
Thanks for reporting in, Kirk.  Good luck with the final stage of the move!  Here's hoping there's an air conditioner in your future.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 04:23:21 am »
I checked the chat room first.  Nobody there.  Then I thought I'd read up on some threads to see how everyone else was doing.  Spent 20 min. on the songs thread and knew I'd be here all night if I didn't stop now.  But I wanted to say hello and give a quick update.

3 weeks in Long Beach now.  I need to completely reorganize the kitchen and the bathroom in order to unpack my last boxes and I keep avoiding the job.  Nipith came down from LA to help move me in.  I think he's still in Thailand right now.  My new roommate's great.  Long Beach itself is lovely although my room gets unbearably hot in the late afternoon.  That's okay.  I'll probably only be here for another 5 months because...

Nick and I are doing tremendously well.  His first visit was supposed to be for his birthday the second weekend in September.  Nope.  He was here 10 days after the move.  Then ten days after that visit we had an amazing phone conversation, during which we talked through a lot of things that had been coming up for him in regards to "us."  We hung up feeling completely, ecstatically, powerfully in love and very much a couple.  When I put the phone down I looked at the clock (it was midnight) and I thought "If I threw some stuff in a bag, got in the car, and set the cruise control at 80, I could be there when he wakes up."  So I did.  When I drove back home we had 17 days until his birthday visit and, ironically, it will be the longest time we've been apart.  We've made it a goal to be living together by Feb. 1st.  Neither of us has any idea how that's going to happen, we're just going to keep the space open for that to occur.

I've met with my producer (Jay) and the guy  who's been working on 3 of my songs (Justin) once and talked with Jay another time since then.  They played me the tracks they'd been working on and we're in the process of refining the sound we're going for.  The acoustic alternative thing didn't work out.  They tried some acoustic arragements but the songs were coming out souding like John Denver, so they tell me.  So they went back to the edgy rock that we had previously decided against and it was a bit too heavy for me.  We'll find what we're looking for.  My goal is to have the cd done by Nov. 30th.  I'll let you know.

In addition I've been picking up a few personal projects.  I've been hitting the gym on a regular basis and loving the results.  I've started to learn Spanish.  Third time I've started.  This time I'll really try to get through the book and not stop at lesson 10 or whatever when it gets challenging.

Jay "made a few calls" for me to help out with possible work opportunities.  Still, I think I'll start looking on my own next week.  The savings won't last long and it would be nice to have something left in that account.

So I'm getting along, learning a lot about myself and how I resist progress and getting through that resistance.  It's a powerful time and I need to stay focused, hence my decision not to stay and read threads.  But I would love to hear from you.

Miss you guys.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 06:27:26 am »
I checked the chat room first.  Nobody there.  Then I thought I'd read up on some threads to see how everyone else was doing.  Spent 20 min. on the songs thread and knew I'd be here all night if I didn't stop now.  But I wanted to say hello and give a quick update.

3 weeks in Long Beach now.  I need to completely reorganize the kitchen and the bathroom in order to unpack my last boxes and I keep avoiding the job.  Nipith came down from LA to help move me in.  I think he's still in Thailand right now.  My new roommate's great.  Long Beach itself is lovely although my room gets unbearably hot in the late afternoon.  That's okay.  I'll probably only be here for another 5 months because...

Nick and I are doing tremendously well.  His first visit was supposed to be for his birthday the second weekend in September.  Nope.  He was here 10 days after the move.  Then ten days after that visit we had an amazing phone conversation, during which we talked through a lot of things that had been coming up for him in regards to "us."  We hung up feeling completely, ecstatically, powerfully in love and very much a couple.  When I put the phone down I looked at the clock (it was midnight) and I thought "If I threw some stuff in a bag, got in the car, and set the cruise control at 80, I could be there when he wakes up."  So I did.  When I drove back home we had 17 days until his birthday visit and, ironically, it will be the longest time we've been apart.  We've made it a goal to be living together by Feb. 1st.  Neither of us has any idea how that's going to happen, we're just going to keep the space open for that to occur.

I've met with my producer (Jay) and the guy  who's been working on 3 of my songs (Justin) once and talked with Jay another time since then.  They played me the tracks they'd been working on and we're in the process of refining the sound we're going for.  The acoustic alternative thing didn't work out.  They tried some acoustic arragements but the songs were coming out souding like John Denver, so they tell me.  So they went back to the edgy rock that we had previously decided against and it was a bit too heavy for me.  We'll find what we're looking for.  My goal is to have the cd done by Nov. 30th.  I'll let you know.

In addition I've been picking up a few personal projects.  I've been hitting the gym on a regular basis and loving the results.  I've started to learn Spanish.  Third time I've started.  This time I'll really try to get through the book and not stop at lesson 10 or whatever when it gets challenging.

Jay "made a few calls" for me to help out with possible work opportunities.  Still, I think I'll start looking on my own next week.  The savings won't last long and it would be nice to have something left in that account.

So I'm getting along, learning a lot about myself and how I resist progress and getting through that resistance.  It's a powerful time and I need to stay focused, hence my decision not to stay and read threads.  But I would love to hear from you.

Miss you guys.

Hey Kirk,

I'm so glad to know everything is going so well for you! You sound very happy and so in love!!!! Nick sounds like a nice man. You are certainly starting a brand new life.

About you starting to learn Spanish, I can help you there. So if you have any doubts just PM and I see what I can do. But try not to quit. Spanish is a great langague to learn  ;D.

Hope to see you around here soon!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 08:53:00 pm »
So glad you checked in Kirk!  It sounds like your life is just falling into place.  All the love and positive vibes from all directions must be a great joy.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:30 pm »
I put the phone down I looked at the clock (it was midnight) and I thought "If I threw some stuff in a bag, got in the car, and set the cruise control at 80, I could be there when he wakes up."  So I did.

That's so romantic!  I'm very happy for you!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 08:57:06 am »
That's so romantic!  I'm very happy for you!  8)

DITTO!!!

really good to hear all your news...

xx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 03:19:46 am »
Kirk -

>"I could be there when he wakes up." 
Sounds like great FanFiction come to life!  So sweet!!  I am so happy for you, Kirk!

To echo what someone posted near the beginning of this thread - you are so sweet to keep us all posted on your life and not just disappear.

Glad to read your thinkin’ of goin’ to Alberta next summer.  I am, too and it would be great to see ya there, bud.

Well, good luck and I hope your wonderful new life adventure continues to be wonderful.

Please keep us posted.

Pete 
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?