Author Topic: Fanfic Stories by JPWagoneer1964  (Read 16760 times)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: NEW YEAR NEW HOPE
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »
I love the AU you're creating for Ennis and Jack, JP, and how you showed that Jack's gift gave Ennis the chance to demonstrate his generosity of spirit.
Like littlewing, I sure hope you're going to continue with this story.
Fern
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 04:44:47 pm »
Just finished this short epilogue or maybe chapter 2 to "131 MILES TO RIVERTON". Hope you will enjoy!

I surely did enjoy. Yes, please, let it be chapter 2, not an epilogue. I had read 131 miles to Riverton before and liked it too. I like your writing. Please continue  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 09:48:14 pm »
Mark,

Just read it and sent you a PM. Wanted to make a public testimony here how much I enjoyed it. I grinned from ear to ear the whole time I was reading it, it's a nice, sweet little story.

And I think you have a real gift for capturing Ennis and Jack's speech patterns, especially Ennis's.

Good job, cowboy!  :)

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 01:00:56 am »

Mark, I'm holdin out for chapter 3...

O0

Heathen

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 03:17:56 pm »
I guess I have some thoughts of what lays ahead for our bud's. I didn't really when I wrote the first chapter, kinda leaving everything open.
Jack accepting Ennis may never change
Ennis thinking he might
If Jack met his death, soon after at least he was able to give something Ennis could really use, of course the shirts would always mean the most.

And I have read some excellent AU stories, didn't know what I coud add.
 So thanks for your support and I will write as I get it squared away in my head.

Mark
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:54:41 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Fanfic Stories by JPWagoner1964
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
Just finish this very short, less than two pages in Word, story. One of the camping trips we were not invited to. A bit like CAMFIRE FAVORS AND REVELATIONS. An evening with Jack and Ennis.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3055822/1/

Hope you enjoy

Mark
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:27:57 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: JACK AND BOBBY
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:01 pm »
Hi--I've read severeal fanfiction this morning, and have no trouble getting tyhem, from here, but I CAN'T GET YOURS. Always want to read about Bobby, since I'm aleays writing about Bobby. Check the I.D. number (I made sure I got other things before i wrote this). Thanks.

I';m sure you know that the lovely photo from the Oscar Promo Book of Jack sitting on Lureen's bed with his hand on Bobby's head--isn't in the movie---nice photo, anyway. Far as I know, the other pic you posted isn't in the movie either--where did you get that one from? Really nice.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 01:13:13 pm »
I GOT your story, because you sent me a ff alert--very nice!  Hope tyhe link from here straightens itself out.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »
Another nice little story, Mark!

I know there are plenty of folks around who think Ennis and Jack should have put themselves together before everything, but tell you what, I like your portrayal of Ennis here, alive to their responsibilities to their children, and willing to put their children's needs ahead of their own.

And I love the attention to detail that you pay to food! Not just "salad" but "leafy salad," "marinated steak," and fried potatoes with onion--just the way my mother made them!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: 131 MILES TO RIVERTON
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:48 am »
Great story....thank you!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection