Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 229780 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2006, 06:52:50 pm »
Hey Courtney, Maybe someone just covered this in the post above mine (not stopping now to look!) but here is what I did. I don't have any photo shop software, but I use Windows XP and it has a simple application for images called Paint.

1) If you can figure out how to open your picture in Paint, or even paint preview, go to the little icon/button on the far right that "closes this window and opens the image for editing."

2) Go to Image in the menu across top of screen.

3) Select Stretch/Skew

4) in the stretch section, put in 50% where it says 100% for the height and width sections.

This should make your pic half as big, and you can play with it from there to make it smaller or bigger. Be sure to do both H and W so the proportions stay the same.

Hope it helps! It worked really well for me. My pic was huge too.

Jenny

p.s. a lot of stuff to say on this thread huh? I haven't been feeling so great tody and have so much to do tonight with revelationtees. I lost a week there 'cause I've been busy all week saving the old posts and the 2 boards it seems, so I'll be working on stuff tonight, but I might start a fun new game here too so look for that post.

I think it's great to see us all. So many of you look different than I would have imagined. And others do look like what you sound like, so to speak. I am flattered by all the girl crush comments! and from Paul and Brandon and others--thank you. I can't wait till the day we all get to take our picture together!

And, I think a lot of us are educated and sensitive and warm, and some have money and some are in debt. We're at all stages of life too. Makes me pretty darn proud of our community.

Jenny (we need some heart emoticons phillip!)

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2006, 07:51:47 pm »
Aww, thanks Chanterais hunny! Btw, you are GORGEOUS. With the gloves and all, you look very classy.

Oh, you are blowing smoke up my ass, and I love it.  Actually, that sounds like a rather dubious sexual predilection, so I'll move on.  The classiness you ascribe to me is all a thin illusion.  I ate cold pizza for breakfast this morning.

Henrypie, your post got me thinking. When my boyfriend and I finish University, we will both have several degrees, be very educated but be very much in debt. And that's scary, 'cause finding a good job is questionable. And then I consider my brother and his wife. He did one year in University and one year in a local college, completed no degree or diploma or anything, and now he has managed to work himself up to supervisor at the mine back in my hometown. Between him and his wife, who also works at the mine, they make ridiculously good money, and it makes me question what I'm doing. But, I haven't lost all hope and thus I continue my studies.

Oh, I am experiencing the same damn thing.  I'm doing my masters in Sub-Saharan African studies, and when I am finished, I will be fully qualified to be unemployed.  It's an exercise in faith to keep going, and believe that one day, someone will be delighted to hire me, esoteric skills and all.  Why didn't I go to med school?  Oh yes, that's right, I barely passed Biology.

I need to keep hearing stories like your brother's.  I need to be reminded that people find their own way, every day.  I listen to too many job horror stories.

On a totally unrelated topic, I think we should start to put together an imaginary picture of Delalluvia.  I say, maybe late twenties, long chestnut hair, hazel eyes.  Vaguely Emmy Rossum-y.  Holding a sticky roller.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:39 pm »
I ate a corndog for breakfast... :D

..not a double entrendre by the way
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 08:12:49 pm by EnnisDelMar »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2006, 08:16:27 pm »
Just want to say a word of thanks for your lovely compliment, Adriana.  And you look *exactly* how I pictured you - warm, glowing, and greeting the world with arms wide open.  It's almost frightening how closely my mind's eye came to how you really look.

And Ray - Sandra Bullock!  You made me blush.  I adore her (well, except for that one movie she allowed herself to be in, but I'll try not to hold that against her).  One of my favorite romantic movies is "While You Were Sleeping."  A couple friends have told me that Lucy made them think of me the whole time they were watching it.  Again, a lovely compliment.

And I do believe I have a girl-crush on Adriana.   :-*  Though all the rest of you all are gorgeous, too.  And I have a boy-crush on John.  You're the spitting image of a guy I dated (and loved to pieces) in college.  It's kind of extraordinary - we still keep in touch and are the greatest of friends, but just accepted long ago that it wasn't in the cards for us.  He's sort of the brother who was actually nice to me that I never had.  As are you, my dear.
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2006, 08:29:58 pm »
I am flattered by all the girl crush comments!
You just remember, I said it first. You're mine! Mine all mine!

Brandon, love your new avatar.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2006, 09:29:17 pm »
On a totally unrelated topic, I think we should start to put together an imaginary picture of Delalluvia.  I say, maybe late twenties, long chestnut hair, hazel eyes.  Vaguely Emmy Rossum-y.  Holding a sticky roller.

Chanterais, I was reading along your posting, nodding my head at the seriousness of trying to find and keep a job these days then this last bit caught me completely off-guard and really made me LOL.

Emmy Rossum-like.  Interesting.  I don't have her delicate bone structure, unfortunately, but the big eyes in the round face and wavy hair is true.

Your pic Chan reminded me of and really made me want to post a London pic of me standing next to the door of the Old Scotland Yard.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2006, 09:37:09 pm »
Your pic Chan reminded me of and really made me want to post a London pic of me standing next to the door of the Old Scotland Yard.

Oh, do it!  Better yet, post the picture of you and your sister almost getting made into a pancake on the Abbey Road crosswalk.  We'll see if we can see my house in it.

*Frat boy beer-chugging chant* Post!  Post!  Post!  Post!

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2006, 10:05:12 pm »
OK, let's see if this works....

Haha, victory! Thanks Jenny/Paul/Ray for all your help!

So in case anyone didn't see my explanation of this pic in the avatar thread, here it is:

Well it's a short story honey, it was only about three seconds I was on that bronc....seriously, it was exactly three seconds (hey, I have something in common with Ennis!). It was at our After-Grad night. Only instead of flying through the air, the next thing I knew I was sliding off and plopping onto the paddiness surrounding it (the thing was plastic and slippery, not fair!). By the way, my hair is a few inches past my shoulders now....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 10:10:49 pm by cmr107 »

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2006, 10:09:38 pm »
lol that pic is awesome courtney, and all too appropriate.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2006, 11:16:04 pm »
Yay!!!  You did it Courtney!!

You get a piece of cherry cake!
(cherries not included, some assembly may be required))
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar