Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 228188 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2006, 10:39:24 pm »
wow, I had four pages of this to go through to catch up. Remind me never to go to bed before 1:30 am again!!!!  This continues to be such a great journey to see us all and our pets. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. And we've said so many thousands of words here that it's quite mind-opening to see the faces that go with them. Literally--we are making new neural pathways connecting these images, and our memory of them, to the concept of who each of us are to each other. Fascinating.

Nina, you took an obviously beautiful picture of yourself away from here after posting!! No fair.

"Sugar come on, show your soul, you been keeping your love under control...." --Bono (one of the   best lines from how to dismantle an atomic bomb, IMO)

If I had some scans of my dearly departed Suzie doggie, I'd post 'em.  See what I can do about it.

my heart's always been with the rock songwriters: U2, Elton John, Prince, Joni Mitchell, even Madonna from '89 on.  You should have seen the cabaret show I did.  Bobby Darrin, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Suzanne Vega, Sting, Tony Bennett, I was all over the map.

I'd like to.  That sounds good.  I perform at least twice daily, and cover some of the same material.  Hunh?  Whuh?  Well, at naptime and bedtime, of course, for my three year old.  She has a huge repertoire already, for her age, no foolin.  She can sing nearly all the words to all the verses of "Leavin on a Jet Plane," and is workin on "Hey, Mr. Tambourine  Man," as well as many others.  I adore it.

I was like huh? whaa? Right along with you Elle, and then it hit me just before I read the punch line. It's definitely good practice to do that twice a day! And nice to have a (hopefully) appreciative and non-judgemental audience  :))

And stacey, honey, let's not fight over me! LOL. You remind me of mancity always fighting off the other jake-a holics, going, "NO! you can't have him, he's mine, all Miiiiine!!"

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2006, 10:49:23 pm »
Here I am.  Ready for BBM!  And that's my jukebox stocked with all BBM songs right now.  I paid $25 for that Allman Brothers "Melissa" 45 (record)!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2006, 11:37:02 pm »
I like the pic, very nice hat. You bought the 'Melissa' record? That's awesome!

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2006, 11:38:45 pm »
wassup Eric!

You're now a member of the Black Hat Trio here on BetterMost.

;D
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
I need to get me a cowboy hat :D

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2006, 02:32:08 am »
Here's my 'serious' look.  And that 19" TV was replaced with a 32" LCD widescreen for BBM! 

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2006, 02:46:02 am »
Very Ennisy Eric!

:)
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:24 am »
Very Ennisy?  Now there's a word.  Cute Eric.  I think I'll go the UnEnNiSy one though.  I'm a sucker for a smile....!  (Leave it alone Paul!)

And Celeste, "MOODY"?!  Fine!  Hrmf!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:57:14 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2006, 03:13:51 am »
You guys are cracking me up.  LOL.

Nina8520

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2006, 03:50:33 am »
Brandon, hee-hee.  Have I ever told you you’re my hero?  I’m old enough to be your Mom (or as I prefer to think of it, your Mom’s youngish friend), so imagine how good your comment makes me feel.  Here, this good  ;D

Sheyne and Reanna—thank you and right back at you.  Make that, right back at you, AND THEN SOME  :-*

And Jenny, yeah that was sneaky of me, I didn’t think anyone would notice.  That’s just it, I lurk mostly, and I've gotten used to going pretty much unnoticed around here, so I had a sort of overnight freakout about having my picture up.  I know, it's goofy.

I might repost it. . . say if Clarissa posts hers  ;D