Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 230416 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #780 on: March 10, 2008, 12:04:22 am »
Very cute photo, optom! Sometimes I am really surprised when I see Brokies' pictures because they're not at all what I pictured. But for some reason my image of you was not far off the mark.  :D

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #781 on: March 10, 2008, 10:04:45 am »
Very cute photo, optom! Sometimes I am really surprised when I see Brokies' pictures because they're not at all what I pictured. But for some reason my image of you was not far off the mark.  :D

Its funny isn't it.
I am the same, and often feel you shouldn't look like that,you should look how you did in my imagination!!! I have to confess that I am a complete fake blonde.I did what I swore I never would when we came here and turned into,a bottle blonde.I really have very dark brown hair.
I only get away with it as one of my sons is blonde haired,one is mid brown and my daughter has very dark brown hair.What a mix.
Also as I am only 1 birthday away from 50 and with the big move, I decided on a radical change,that and of course,no one knew me here.I do not think I would have had the nerve to do it back in England.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #782 on: March 10, 2008, 12:01:43 pm »
Thanks optom! (Fiona)

Here in Florida the colours would work really well.So many people wear bright designs.You could even have the painting made up as fabric and then have that framed.
Personally I like fabric paintings,just cause they are a bit different,

I thank you for your words... since they encourage me to create colours.

I am so sick and tired of I and others wearing black!! Too many years now!

I like it that you are wearing colours.

I aim one day to maybe do what you suggest.

Here is the OTHER view of the SAME painting!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #783 on: March 10, 2008, 12:09:37 pm »
So here I am in a photo taken just 2 days ago.  I usually smile in photos but was trying for something a little more dramatic - LOL.

How lovely to see the face behind all your kind messages.You look a bit like I used to with my natural hair color.I never smile as I hate having my photo taken.
Even not smiling,you still look cute!!! albeit in a serious way.I just always look serious,People think I am aloof,but am just horribly shy.That's why the internet is a god send to me.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #784 on: April 12, 2008, 08:21:29 pm »
Well I've been playing with my camera phone tonight - and more specifically figuring out the settings to email pics from my phone. Here was the result! Yep, Bliss doesn't always wear a hat indoors, and does have hair (though not much of it - it's easier to manage that way) ;)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

injest

« Reply #785 on: April 12, 2008, 08:36:42 pm »
Well I've been playing with my camera phone tonight - and more specifically figuring out the settings to email pics from my phone. Here was the result! Yep, Bliss doesn't always wear a hat indoors, and does have hair (though not much of it - it's easier to manage that way) ;)

Hi Bliss!!

love your hair...it is a short 'boy' cut but so soft and shiny and full looking, it makes that cut look very feminine...it suits you!

injest

« Reply #786 on: April 12, 2008, 08:39:32 pm »
So here I am in a photo taken just 2 days ago.  I usually smile in photos but was trying for something a little more dramatic - LOL.

LOL! Susie, you look like you have been cornered by the paparazzi!!

cute pic!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2008, 06:12:40 am »
Nice to put a face to the name Bliss!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #788 on: April 13, 2008, 08:02:39 am »
Hi Bliss!!

love your hair...it is a short 'boy' cut but so soft and shiny and full looking, it makes that cut look very feminine...it suits you!

It's funny you should mention a 'boy' cut. I was messing around the other day on one of those 'virtual makeover' sites where you upload a photo and you can try out different hair and makeup and stuff. Though I used to have longer hair when I was younger I never felt it really suited me, and when I tried on different virtual hairstyles with loads of hair, they just didn't look right. I think looking back over the years probably I've felt myself that the haircuts I've had that have suited me best have been quite short ones. I had fun too messing about with the various male hairstyles and facial hair, and came up with some hilarious results! It reminded me of years ago when I was at college.

One year for the annual charity "Rag" parade the university's LGBT society decided to join in the fun and have a float. After pronouncing having the theme of the Wizard of Oz, YMCA, ABBA and such like just simply too 'gay', we eventually decided to be totally outrageous anyway and have cross-dressing as the theme for our float (it was just about the only coherent theme we had mind you, as for no real reason than we wanted to and we had a load of money sitting in the society's bank account, we also decided to have a huge balloon archway made, and decorated the float with bunches of grapes and ivy lol!). We trawled all the charity shops looking for outfits, and the boys had great fun dressing up, and I was put in charge of make-up. Even the really masculine guys had great fun and really got into the spirit of it though I was a bit miffed that half of them looked better in a skirt and high heels than I did!  :laugh:

As the only one of the girls willing to get involved in the chaos, of course I had to go along with the cross-dressing theme as well, and I ended up jeans, a check shirt, and a false moustache (looking back on it now, it was kind of the "Jack-1983" look lol!). My hair was dyed black at the time and very short - even shorter than it is now - and though I thought it looked good, my other friends totally missed the point and asked afterwards why I was dressed as Hilter!  :-\

I'll have to see if I can dig my old photos out - I know I've got some somewhere of that day.  Total silliness, but we had a great day, and we even managed to raise a fair bit for charity as well (though some of that was from people who said they'd pay if we promised not to inflict our unique sense of style on them the next year  :laugh:)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

injest

« Reply #789 on: April 13, 2008, 09:24:08 am »
my other friends totally missed the point and asked afterwards why I was dressed as Hilter!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: