Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014860 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2007, 02:34:20 pm »
Nope, he just said Del-Mar.  Must be a closet Brokie.  ;D

:laugh:

It didn't wait till tonight. Just started to snow in the past couple of minutes. Bet it won't stick an hour, though.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2007, 05:33:36 pm »
I forgot to tell this one (I think) - The day in Virginia, a month ago, when I was going to have lunch with Lynne and shakestheground, I left home wearing a blue skirt and blue short sleeve shirt.  The last few days it had been really warm.  On the way there I was chilly, so I put on the one long sleeved shirt I had with me, which was brown.  It never would have ever occurred to me to pair blue and brown in my clothes, except in this instance when it was the only choice.

Driving along, coming closer to my Brokie Buds I was about to meet for the first time, it dawned on me that I was wearing Jack AND Ennis's colors, and that rather than feeling like a wrong color combination, it felt really, really right.  I started LOVING what I was wearing.  I was all excited about telling them when I got to the rendezvous spot, but actually forgot.

Since that day, I have had days where I have deliberately chosen to embrace/declare my Brokieness with blue and brown or tan clothes.  It always feels really good.

---------------

I've been having problems with my internet at home the last few days, so I'm sitting in an Internet cafe right now.  Just as I opened this thread to post in it, the announcer on the radio being played announced a song by Feist.  To me, she is a Brokieism unto herself, because I watched the YouTube video with her song "Secret Heart" so many times before the DVD came out.  If you haven't seen it, it's one of my two favorites:

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:55 pm »
I haven't said it yet but I cannot get " your good enough" out of my mind.  It is just stuck there so I am sure I will say it soon.  I don't know why 'your good enough' is stuck in my head.

The past couple of days I been wanting to say "why is it always so damn cold"  only its not really true cause where I am it hasn't been cold at all the entiire winter but still it a great line to say.

Okay I am saying it 'your good enough' but why is it always so damn cold? ::)

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2007, 03:51:44 am »
I put on the one long sleeved shirt I had with me, which was brown.  It never would have ever occurred to me to pair blue and brown in my clothes, except in this instance when it was the only choice.

Driving along, coming closer to my Brokie Buds I was about to meet for the first time, it dawned on me that I was wearing Jack AND Ennis's colors, and that rather than feeling like a wrong color combination, it felt really, really right.  I started LOVING what I was wearing.

Since that day, I have had days where I have deliberately chosen to embrace/declare my Brokieness with blue and brown or tan clothes.  It always feels really good.

When I met Front-Ranger and EDelMar in Denver, I didn't have anything Brokieish to wear. Front-Ranger often looks stylishly western. And EDelMar ... well, he was a perfect Ennis, including an actual jacket and shirt used in the movie.

All I had was a brown sweater and jeans. Nothing much. But it's a combination I would never normally wear. And by wearing it, I felt at least a tiny bit closer to my Brokie identity.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2007, 11:53:38 am »
You looked good in blue and brown, Katherine! I recently got a pair of Wrangler jeans--a gift from EDelMar--and I can't bear to take them off long enuf to even wash them!! Now I'm in the market for a brown sweater like yours!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2007, 12:11:09 pm »
You looked good in blue and brown, Katherine! I recently got a pair of Wrangler jeans--a gift from EDelMar--and I can't bear to take them off long enuf to even wash them!! Now I'm in the market for a brown sweater like yours!

Wrangler's are good! Mostly all I wear these days. My guess would be that Ennis and Jack wore Levis, but I hear Levi Strauss moved its production "off shore," and also that they changed the cut of their jeans, and for several years now I haven't been able to find a pair of Levis that fit worth a damn.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2007, 03:38:46 pm »
I hear Levi Strauss moved its production "off shore," and also that they changed the cut of their jeans, and for several years now I haven't been able to find a pair of Levis that fit worth a damn.  >:(

So you're saying that if Levi Strauss hadn't made those changes, we'd know you as Jeff Levi?  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2007, 03:43:05 pm »
So you're saying that if Levi Strauss hadn't made those changes, we'd know you as Jeff Levi?  ;D

Probably not. I get mistaken for a rabbi too much as it is.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2007, 12:23:22 am »
I was just reading in this week's New Yorker that one of the hot colors for this year is: Brokeback Bronze!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2007, 01:29:11 am »
I was just reading in this week's New Yorker that one of the hot colors for this year is: Brokeback Bronze!!

wtf is Brokeback Bronze?  LOL.