Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014919 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2007, 11:05:13 pm »
I call my  black cat Jack whenever I stroke his furry belly...

Hi Dagi,

I have a black cat too!  But, she's a girl so I don't call her Jack.  Her name's Vivien.  :)

And Lee, that's just amazing to me that your husband still hasn't seen BBM.  The "chewing gum and balin wire" is such a great line.
:)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2007, 11:09:18 pm »
And Lee, that's just amazing to me that your husband still hasn't seen BBM.  The "chewing gum and balin wire" is such a great line.

Mine neither. Which is why he didn't recognize it when I promised to see that his "wishes was carried out ... about the ashes, I mean" or when I told him that it was so nice and warm on the back porch and that if we turned off the damn AC "it could be like this, just like this, always" inside the house, too.

OK, I said I'd see that his wishes "are" carried out. If I'd used a singular verb, he definitely would have wondered.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2007, 05:33:38 am »
Mine neither. Which is why he didn't recognize it when I promised to see that his "wishes was carried out ... about the ashes, I mean" or when I told him that it was so nice and warm on the back porch and that if we turned off the damn AC "it could be like this, just like this, always" inside the house, too.

OK, I said I'd see that his wishes "are" carried out. If I'd used a singular verb, he definitely would have wondered.  ;D
That's what gives me away...the accent, and the vernacular! I'm a happy Brokie, but my grammar's shot all to hell!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2007, 08:32:49 am »
After we laughed about it, I mentioned that it was a classic Larry McMurtry line and he was astounded to learn that the macho Larry McMurtry would participate in the project...and not only that, win the Academy Award for it! I will win the guy over yet!!

While it's difficult to believe you didn't calf-rope him and force him to watch at some point, for some reason it really astounds me that he didn't know Larry McMurtry was involved in the project.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2007, 11:15:26 am »
He was so proud of his latest purchase--a De Lillo racing bike--that he bought a De Lillo hat. When I saw it, I especially admired the embroidered rainbow patch that came on it. I mentioned that it looked like a diversity symbol. My fatal error. I won't tell you the crude reply he made, but it was similar to Ennis's "I ain't no queer." He said that was the logo of the Italian Racing Team. I noticed today that he actually removed the rainbow from the hat!!  >:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2007, 11:23:51 am »
He was so proud of his latest purchase--a De Lillo racing bike--that he bought a De Lillo hat. When I saw it, I especially admired the embroidered rainbow patch that came on it. I mentioned that it looked like a diversity symbol. My fatal error. I won't tell you the crude reply he made, but it was similar to Ennis's "I ain't no queer." He said that was the logo of the Italian Racing Team. I noticed today that he actually removed the rainbow from the hat!!  >:(

I don't know whether to be shocked  :o or just sad.  :'( I guess sad. ...  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2007, 12:00:15 pm »
I don't know whether to be shocked  :o or just sad.  :'( I guess sad. ...  :'(

What Jeff said.  :'(

One can hope for him, though.  He's married to Lee, after all.  Perhaps it's only a matter of time til her true Brokie vibes penetrate that crusty exterior.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2007, 12:16:03 pm »
Thanks, Meryl and Jeff. Hmmm, I like the calf-ropin idea!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2007, 12:30:30 pm »
One can hope for him, though.  He's married to Lee, after all.  Perhaps it's only a matter of time til her true Brokie vibes penetrate that crusty exterior.  ;)

Been, what, almost a year and a half, though? What's it goin a take, a matin' call?  :-\

Hmmm, I like the calf-ropin idea!!

Better start practicin' with that rope, Little Darlin'. ...  8)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #429 on: June 14, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »
Been, what, almost a year and a half, though? What's it goin a take, a matin' call?  :-\

Some dudes are crustier than others, I guess.  That's how come Lee end up here.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...