Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014831 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #490 on: September 26, 2007, 10:13:47 pm »
Yes, he is a lucky guy. Thank you for that story, dear Shasta!!

I am so crazy about old pickup trucks, that I stopped and took a pic of this on up "on blocks" just like Cassie!
For some reason, I sorta identified with it!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:40 pm »
It is a joy and a pleasure whenever I have to....

tuck in my shirt!!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #492 on: October 02, 2007, 12:07:34 am »
It is a joy and a pleasure whenever I have to....

tuck in my shirt!!

Good one, FRiend! I never use that Brokieism because I never tuck in my shirt. But if I ever do, I will think of this!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #493 on: October 05, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
I'm not a shirt-tucker either.  I think that's a big personality dividing line for lots of folks.  Once in a while I try to go to work wearing a shirt tucked in... but it only lasts until lunch usuallly.

And, my interest in old pick-up trucks has increased by nearly 100 percent due to the influence of BBM in my life!  :D  I love Adam's Ennis truck... it was just so awesome to be able to ride in it at the BBQ.
 8)

OK... here's my use of a Brokieism for today.  It's sort of lame... but I was deliberately thinking about BBM when I said it.  My boss and our assistant were meeting this morning in my boss's office and she was talking about needing to email a contact to ask him for his mailing address because up until this point we've only been in touch with this person via email and phone.  But we do know what state he lives in...  So, I suggested that we send the letter "general delivery" to XYZ state and see if it gets there.  And, they both laughed.  I realize that to be truly accurate in this scenario we should have been talking about what town the person lives in.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:48:36 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #494 on: October 07, 2007, 02:02:50 pm »
If you don't tuck in your shirt, how do you show off your minor rodeo belt buckle then??  ::)

I LOVED your general delivery story! People are really getting out there with their Brokeisms!! Last nite, I came the closest I ever have to discovering a new Brokie by using a Brokieism. I was ordering lamb in a restaurant and I said, "I'm here to eat the sheep, not guard them."

Read what came next here!!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8591.msg264210.html#msg264210

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2007, 04:49:40 am »
I too have noticed an affinity for seeing classic trucks on the road - I don't know one from the other, but it always makes me happy.  :D

Lee - excellent job with the Brokie contraindication there!

I got to say 'What happened to my blue parka?' today.  I'm having to send to TN for some warmer weather clothes, my blue ski jacket among them, so it would have just been WRONG to phrase it any other way.  Of course then I had to launch into a complicated explanation of what I actually wanted, but it was still too good to pass up.  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2007, 05:33:08 am »
There are old trucks in every other drive (or yard) around here!  :)  I don't know if they are classics, but they have character.  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #497 on: October 16, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
Does anyone else have this happen to them? Old pick-up trucks are the most fascinating vehicles on the road!!

Indeed they are!  I've just moved to a new place & there seems to be a hobby of either doing up old cars or buying kit cars which look like "pimped up" old cars, & many of them are that old truck style.  By "pimped up", I mean in a cool fashion, it's hard to explain but kind of like a villian's car in a superhero comic, shiny paintjobs in unusual colours, lots of chrome - not with ugly spoilers, huge stereos & blacked out windows like the other kind of car pimping.  I always wonder what Jack Twist would make of such a sight.  I think he would like it, being that he liked to show off his own looks.

I've just had to open quite a few new online accounts & have used combinations of initials, dates, place names & significant words from BBM to help me out with all the new usernames & passwords I have to think of.  I'm so glad to have a source from which to draw on for these as it's such a chore usually to think them up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:36:56 pm by Ellemeno »
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #498 on: October 19, 2007, 10:15:41 am »
this morning, a woman in the elevator was complaining about not having enough hours in the day.

I looked at her and said "Never enough time....never enough."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2007, 11:39:23 pm »
This morning I was wearing a single-breasted, lapel-type jacket over my clothes.  When I went out, it was chillier than I expected, so I buttoned the top two buttons of the jacket, and then got side-tracked from buttoning the rest.  After a moment, I realized I was replicating Heath's sartorial buttonization.  Not BBM, but BBM-related.  :)