Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014917 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #560 on: February 07, 2008, 03:24:34 pm »
:laugh: Ha ha. I think this is a great use of a Brokieism Lynne  :). When we get back to Signal - I try to picture the coworker's face. Did he at least respond with an Ennis-like hunh? or Whut?

Yes, it was definitely a 'Hunh?' face. ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #561 on: February 07, 2008, 03:37:59 pm »
I went for coffee with a co-worker and he mentioned being short of cash.  I told him I could make him a loan and he could pay me back when we got back to Signal.   ;)  He looked at me like I'd lost my mind, so I explained it to him and that the appropriate response is that he ain't in the poorhouse. :D

I think he'll watch BBM with me soon...told him he'd have to if he ever wanted to understand half of what I'm talking about.

This really is a great post, Lynne.  Thanks for the chuckle.  :laugh:

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #562 on: February 07, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »
Hahahahha.....we reallly do have a language of our own now dont we.....?

Not one Brokie here would not have understood or got the humour of what you said to your friend....no explanation needed, we all just "get it".......

Oh yes, the visual of your friend's "Hunh" brings a smile to us all.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2008, 07:29:20 pm »
We are having a few days away, and we were looking for our holiday apartment when we arrived here yesterday..looking at the street signs......

One in particular caught my eye.....a sign pointing to the "Pentecostal church".....

First time I have ever seen anything about Pentecosal  here in Ausralia.

Its amazing how a simple street sign can sitr the Brokeback emotions, when you are least expecting them.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2008, 10:27:00 pm »
Hahahahha.....we reallly do have a language of our own now dont we.....?

That we do, Sue!  :-*

I like your Pentecostal church sighting.  I used to see them all the time in the Southeast US.  I don't know why I never thought about it before, but when I got married, it was in a Methodist church.  Huh.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2008, 03:06:38 am »
I had an epissaphy tonite...

I went to dinner with Brokie friends and had some delicious catfish, but I couldn't finish it all, so I asked for a box. Then, my friends and I retired to the hot tub for a little soak. When I jumped into my car to go home, I complained that my car smelled like catfish. Then, I had to amend it: my car smelled like catfish...OR WORSE!!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2008, 12:37:19 pm »
Well,my case is slightly different,´cause I don't usually speak English in my day-to-.day life; but I do the best I can... ::) Besides of finishing my questions with a "huh?"-it's not original...-,sometimes when something that has happenned to me is good,I express my joy with a "Yeehaw¡",just like Jack in the dumb-ass missin´scene...
The problem is that my job is commercial agent,so if a client sign a contract it's not a good idea to shout at him/her like this-even to show I'm grateful to him/her; the client can think I'm crazy and break the contract¡ OMG¡ :laugh:  I also say or write "You bet" when I agree with something,even if the person doesn't understand what I mean... ???  Or I call  my good friends"little darlin´".
All this is almost an heroe behaviour,because I use to speak in Spanish or in Catalan in my daily life¡. :o
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #567 on: April 15, 2008, 10:40:44 pm »
Wow, hard to believe I found this thread not on the 1st page, not on the 2nd page, but on the 3rd page of the open forum!! Scary!!

I had an em-bare-assing moment today. I have been noting BetterMost chats, birthdays, and other milestones in Microsoft Outlook, and I just realized these appointments are visible to everyone in my company who cares to take a look at my calendar appointments. Whoa!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #568 on: April 15, 2008, 10:52:25 pm »
Wow, hard to believe I found this thread not on the 1st page, not on the 2nd page, but on the 3rd page of the open forum!! Scary!!

I had an em-bare-assing moment today. I have been noting BetterMost chats, birthdays, and other milestones in Microsoft Outlook, and I just realized these appointments are visible to everyone in my company who cares to take a look at my calendar appointments. Whoa!!

:laugh: :laugh:  That's awesome Sister-Mod!  8)

Yes, I think there's an option with Outlook calendars... you can make them visible or invisible (at least where I work you have that option... maybe at some workplaces the calendar is automatically made visible).

LOL, oh geez, I have lots of back-of-mind worries about people at work stumbling across an open BetterMost window or something when I'm not looking.  I leave BetterMost minimized a lot at the bottom of my computer screen at work.  So that I can sneak-peeks throughout the day.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2008, 02:49:21 pm »
 :laugh:

yeah in outlook there is a little private tick box in the bottom right hand corner
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/