Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014942 times)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2006, 03:53:01 pm »
That's one of my favorite lines in the story.  ;D

I wish the avatar were a little larger. People probably can't make it out from the picture, but I'm sort of making a visual pun: In the photograph I'm holding an antique Civil War rife; hence, "Gun's goin' off!"  ::)

I didn't notice the gun. What a crack up!   ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2006, 06:59:24 pm »
I didn't notice the gun. What a crack up!   ;D

It's good to get your hands on something long and hard. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Brokeback Mannerism?
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 09:28:00 pm »
Love it!! Honestly, I never thought of that before. But, Ennis surely does look excited!  ;D

LOL, oh man... the famous "wrang" it out debate!  What thread was that from?  Does anyone remember?  It was at the very least, quite entertaining.
 :laugh:
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 11:39:15 pm »
Well, as far as I know, I'm the first one to introduce that possibility, and even I can't remember where I first mentioned it. I'll admit that the reaction to my suggestion was decidedly mixed. But to me, Ennis looking all perky as he reads the postcard and then immediately striding quickly out of the kitchen as he dries his hands (and remembering the "wrang it out line" in the story, figuring it logically must apply to Movie Ennis, too, but not seeing it dramatized anywhere else in the movie) just suggests that interpretation. But it's one of those cute little moments that you could just easily think mean absolutely nothing.

It's kind of like, as I was saying yesterday, the old Cowboy Etiquette joke about Ennis parking in the back lot, directly under the "Laundromat Entrance in Front," to show what entrance he REALLY likes using. Doesn't it seem at least remotely possible that that was deliberate?

:laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2006, 01:47:17 pm »
He coulda been hurrying off to go get his pen, so he could redline it to the post offfice to write the YOU BET postcard. 

(That sentence reminds me of when I was a kid, my friends and I would crack up at the written sentence "The PEN IS on the table.")

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2006, 02:35:11 pm »
He coulda been hurrying off to go get his pen, so he could redline it to the post offfice to write the YOU BET postcard. 

(That sentence reminds me of when I was a kid, my friends and I would crack up at the written sentence "The PEN IS on the table.")

he he. in high school a girl had borrowed a pen from me. Moments later passed me a note say "Your penis running out." I looked at her for a long second. She finally reread what she wrote and turned completely red, as she added a "/" between "pen" and "is".

but yeah, it's very possible Ennis is running to grab his pen.  ;D
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2006, 08:34:37 pm »

This is too funny! How about his "pen is" in his hand? I don't think he's using it to write a letter, however.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 06:41:41 pm »
Tell you what, I started doing something new after seeing BBM. At school, I worked in the scene shop building sets for the theatre. I frequently used work gloves, but never put them in my pocket. Where did they start going after I saw BBM? You guessed it, my back right jeans pocket. It was uncomfortable, but I just had to do it. ;)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 11:10:26 pm »
Hubby asked the other night what was for dinner....I said "lets just have something light, how about baked beans on toast?".......yeah you guessed it.....

His reply...."Im sick o beans".........and hubby only saw the movie once, so isnt an addict like me, so was wondering why i fell over laughing.....

And another one ive used, when my friend told me something privately and asked me not to tell anyone, I replied "no ones business but ours"......not having seen the movie, so not understanding the relevance of the quote, she replied "well, yes, thats a nice way to put it"
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2006, 02:46:15 am »
Hubby asked the other night what was for dinner....I said "lets just have something light, how about baked beans on toast?".......yeah you guessed it.....

His reply...."Im sick o beans".........and hubby only saw the movie once, so isnt an addict like me, so was wondering why i fell over laughing.....

ooh! a new game. let's see if we can manipulate other people into using Brokieisms. lol.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.