Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76566 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006, 04:00:29 pm »
Ennis thinking:
Jack don't let go, just hang on to me. Don't quit me please....I didn't mean it when ah said 'let me be'. Don't leave. Only thing that makes it all worth it is coming here ta see you. Jack please say ya be back...I miss ya more than ya ever know when your gone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:21:07 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 08:50:42 pm »
Jack...Jack I'm so sorry your gonna be endin' up here. All I ever wanted was to protect ya, not let anyone hurt ya. I wish I cudda been there to stop 'm, would have tore apart with my bare hands Jack. Jack there was nothing I ever wished for more than to just be with you, felt so bad it just couldn't be. Never wanted to leave Brokeback, stayed there fer ever iffin' we could. I miss'n you so much Jack.....Jack your the very best friend I ever had.

Ennis....Ennis s'alright can ya hear me? I know Ennis...I know it all. I know what you felt from the day we met, I see how you looked at me when I was asleep, I see you at camp lookin' up fer me when I was up with the sheep. I know you only meant to keep us safe, I know how you heart broke to say it couldn't be, I see you at the side of the road with tears in your eyes whenever we parted, I see the joy in your face when we'd meet again, I see the grief you feel now. Ennis...s'alright you have the shirts, the rest don't matter, hold them close...and remember.... .I love you so very much. Ennis...Ennis look quick, see the horse and rider way out on the prairie? That's me an ol 'Cigar Butt' always be a' watch'n over you cowboy, never let happen to you what did to me, I'm so, so sorry Ennis. Ennis I will always be in you heart, you see me in your dreams and after you take you last breath we'll be together again, always.

:'(
Tears flooding the floor.

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2006, 01:02:30 pm »
Ennis thinking:
Jack don't let go, just hang on to me. Don't quit me please....I didn't mean it when ah said 'let me be'. Don't leave. Only thing that makes it all worth it is coming here ta se you. Jack please say ya be back...I miss ya more than ya ever know when your gone.
This is so sad.  I wish it would have been like this in the movie.  Sigh.

The situation carries a lot of emotional power, largely because it's so specific and yet undefined. The two guys—cowboys—are in love with each other, but we don't ever quite know if they're in love with each other because they're gay, or if they're gay because they're in love with each other.

This is from an early article about the movie.  I have always wondered about this.  I have always wondered if they were "gay" before Brokeback or if they fell in love and then "decided" they were gay.  I know people who have been "straight" their entire lives, married and then later leave their spouse because they fell in love with another person of the same sex.  One person I know that did this told me that she had never had any thoughts about herself being gay and that she does not think it is something that she felt but kept hidden.  She said she was always attracted to men.  Loved everything about men and met this woman, fell in love and new she could not be without her.  She asked me did that make her gay.  I told her I did not know that I thought it just meant she was lucky that she felt that much love and passion for another person.  She said that she is not attracted to other women just the person she is with.  I have gay men friends that think women are beautiful and sexy but prefer to have relationships with men.

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 01:54:35 pm »
I think Ennis and Jack were gay before they met. Jack because as soon as he sees Ennis outside Aguirre's trailer, before they've ever exchanged words, he appears attracted to him. Ennis because he also seems attracted to Jack fairly quickly. But also in his case, I think there's also a clue in his extreme shyness and repressed behavior: I think he's like that because he had to grow up hiding his sexuality from his homophobic father.

Back to the fantasy scenes. Mark, they are really touching.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58:56 pm »
I think Ennis and Jack were gay before they met. Jack because as soon as he sees Ennis outside Aguirre's trailer, before they've ever exchanged words, he appears attracted to him. Ennis because he also seems attracted to Jack fairly quickly. But also in his case, I think there's also a clue in his extreme shyness and repressed behavior: I think he's like that because he had to grow up hiding his sexuality from his homophobic father.

Back to the fantasy scenes. Mark, they are really touching.

Thankyou.

I have seen interveiw of Jake G. and he described the film as two staight men falling in love, I am more inclined to go with that and I think Momf2 sumed it up well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:40:06 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006, 10:53:33 pm »
Ennis: "Of course I think you have a cute butt"

Jack: "Then why didn't ya never say so?"

Ennis: "Well you know, us not being queer and all."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:17:16 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »
This is OT but I think these two guys were gay before BBM, if we want to give them labels that is.  We know for sure that Jack was, but Ennis was harder to tell because of repression.  If you live in a repressive society you tend to be forced to follow the norm and you need that special person in a special place that free of judgement to pull you out of your shell and be who you truly are.  IMO, I don't think a gay person can honestly fall in love with the opposite sex and vice versa for a straight person.  If they do, there's another label--bisexual.  "Bi" people can be sexually attracted to one gender and emotionally attracted to the other, or a little of both.  This is from research, not personal experience.  Gay people can get married either by force, persuasion or desperation, but not by personal will.  I think this is what happen to our boys.  Gay men who were repressed to the point where they think they were straight are not uncommon.  They showed Ennis's past for a good reason.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2006, 12:03:04 am »
Ennis: Ah sure look cool next to my GMC truck like the one Jack has.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:17:31 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2006, 12:12:01 am »
Jack thinking:
This is what make's all the sh*t I go through worth it all. Spendin' a week up here with Ennis, just him and me no one else. Wakin' up holdin' him tight, his head in my arms, makin' him smile, cookin' these here steaks fer him, swimming in the pond, do what ever we want, no one 'll see but the wildlife.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:17:42 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2006, 03:17:37 pm »
Oooo, jp that last pic is a great coffeepot/ bucket moment!  It would be worth posting it in the coffeepot/ bucket thread.
 :o :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie