Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681750 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline DeeDee

Young Ennis:

** He watches as this fella, with the blue eyes shave in his mirror and wonders who he is impressing, when a car comes driving up.  He gets out the way and waits until this man, Mr. Aguirre gets out of the car.  He seems gruff, so he waits and wonders if he should follow him in the trailer, when the man opens and shuts the door without even a glance.**
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Still accompanied by YOUNG JACK'S JEANS, looks up from the mirror at the sound of a car approaching. He wipes his face with his sleeve and puts his small shaving kit %% if it can be called that %% back in the truck. Mr. Aguirre gets out of the car and he approaches him hopefully.))

%% Uh, Mr. Aguirre? Mr. Aguirre? Remember me? %%

((Apparently either not remembering him or just completely inconsiderate, Mr. Aguirre ascends the steps to his trailer and quickly enters, slamming the door behind him.))

((The ominous warning on the door stands out like a blazing torch: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."))

** Hope springs anew,
though not forever.
Drops of fresh dew,
which dry up in fever.

In fervor and haste,
opportunity goes by.
Precious seconds we waste...
But do we know why?

Some silences are benign,
but other soundlessnesses hostile.
To frustrate or to strengthen,
the quiet heart will rustle.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:19:11 am by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
((The ominous warning on the door stands out like a blazing torch: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."))

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
= Fast or slow, we are missing many great opportunities to comment on the side issues here Jack.  Such as What the razor has to say about all this, and the Feng Sui of the mirror position.  I know you're excited, but you'll burn yourself out by interval if you don't pause! =

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:23:55 am by Ray »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
**Sure thing, boss. I suppose I can be grateful that the razor didn't have an actor. I just don't think that I have the type of wit you are wanting for your humorous rendition. If anyone would like to offer suggestions for the opinions of the physical objects or some other humorous anecdote that might help further our beloved director's artistic vision, please don't hesitate to inform me.**

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
** Jack, you heard the boss, let yer hair down...
Matter of fact, lets go for a drink and if you are up for it, a little jacuzz-ing action later  ;) **

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:37:34 am by Lucise »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
%%Jack, you be Jack.  Silly people, you be silly people.%%

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
**Thank you, Ms. Assistant Director. I will of course go back and add choruses to those parts that I have already performed. But right now, in the interest of getting the action going, I am willing to put those aside.  While I do have a sense of humor, it is more dry than erratic, and more philosophical than irrational. **

((sings))

**Getting to know you, getting to know all about you. Getting to like you, Getting to hope you like me. **

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
** We love you ya goose!  It's just that I know many foolish people have been collecting all sorts of nonsense in preparation for performances as the cigarette, the shaving brush, and the wind certainly has more to say than her fair share.  Do what you're doing.., just do it slower! **