Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681727 times)

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
((Out in the distance, the rumbling of an engine grows louded and louder.  YOUNG JACK and YOUNG ENNIS look up to see a cloud of dust being kicked up by a blue... something-or-other.))

((It is Aguirre and company!))

**If anyone wants to take the part of the company characters and have some fun, feel free to do so -- but I think we already have a Basque.  Also, for some reason, I think this would be a great time for a musical number.  Am I the only one that really thinks a musical number would be absolutely perfect... something very "opening number of West Side Story" maybe?**

((Aguirre and company pull up, hanging out the windows of the car.  Their hands are raised in unison.  Snap.  Snap.  Snap.))

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
(( Making breakfast for her husband, Mrs. Twist drifts off in her thoughts, wondering about her beloved son Jack. ))

Mrs. Twist: "You want bacon or sausage with your eggs?"

%% I wonder how Jack's doing.  He's such a sweet boy.  Such a good heart.  Don't know how he's gonna make a way in the world.  Driven off by his daddy - no home left for him at home.  He's young to be out there alone, but I guess he'll figure it out.  Guess he's got no choice...  How did I end up here, stuck with this life, stuck with this man?  %%
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:24:30 am by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
**While there seems to be a delay on the opening musical number... I wanted to make the note that I do have another musical number that would be very cute in the future.  Are we all aware of the film "The Little Mermaid" ? -- You know that song "Kiss the Girl" ...well I was thinking maybe everyone could do that song during the first tent scene, hahaha!  You know, we could all play a forest critter and sing the lyrics:

Sha-lah-lah-lah-lah-lah, my, oh, my
Looks like the boy too shy
Go on and kiss the boy (whoah-whoah)

Sha-lah-lah-lah-lah-lah, ain't that sad
Ain't it a shame, too bad
He gonna miss the boy (whoah-whoah)

Hehehe... just a suggestion... I thought it would be kind of cute.**

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

John Twist:  %%Ain't it just like him tho', durn fool, to run off juss as soon as I need him ta be helpin' me wid the fence-mendin'!  Now how 'm I suppose' ta pull that fence wire tight all by myself and drive the fencing nails in all at the same time?  It's not lak I have three hands or nothin'!!  Hmphh!!%%

**hey Celeste, I'm leavin' for my one-hour commute just now, so I can't be jumpin' in for a while...**
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

Broken Arsed Mountain Soundtrack Lyrics

JACK
(spoken)
Ennis . . .

(sings)
The most beautiful sound I ever heard:
Ennis, Ennis, Ennis, Ennis . . .
All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word . .
Ennis, Ennis, Ennis, Ennis . . .
Ennis!
I've just met a guy named Ennis,
And suddenly that name
Will never be the same
To me.
Ennis!
I've just glimpsed a guy named Ennis,
And suddenly I've found
How wonderful a sound
Can be!
Ennis!
Say it loud and there's music playing,
Say it soft and it's almost like praying.

Ennis,
I'll never stop saying Ennis!

The most beautiful sound I ever heard.
Ennis.

** Sincere apologies to Jim Bryant for destroying the original "Maria" song **

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
**Celeste, with much love for your lyrics, I must point out how out of place it is at this point... considering that Ennis and Jack have not introduced themselves to each other yet!  So perhaps we can hold on to it for a little bit.**

**I do have the opening musical number prepared, though.  Ray, I'll need some help with photos for this...**

= to the tune of the "Jet Song" from West Side Story=

AGUIRRE:
When you tend the sheep, you'll pitch a pup tent!
You'll sleep with the sheep one-hundred percent!

When you tend the sheep and you see a coyote,
You'll shoot it on sight, but doooon't rooooock the boooooooat...

((Aguirre comes to a grand closing with the tune of "Jet Song" and without missing a beat moves into the tune of "Rock the Boat" by The Hues Corporation (the oldies song) along with the rest of his crew.))

AGUIRRE & CO.
Oh, to rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby
Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over
Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
Rock the boat-t-t-t-t...

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
The Wind:  %%Ah, I see everything is hunky dory down in Signal, and the folks are using their breath (wind) to bring joy and gaiety.%%  ((The Wind blows through that parking lot of latent potentiality.))

Offline YaadPyar

**Celeste, with much love for your lyrics, I must point out how out of place it is at this point... considering that Ennis and Jack have not introduced themselves to each other yet!  So perhaps we can hold on to it for a little bit.**

**  David - I think you are exactly right here.  The song is completely out of place.  I was just so inspired by Mr. Raymille's still shots.  I hope I won't make you toooooo crazy by not deleting it...  What are you gonna do with folks like me. **

(( StudDuck David:   ::) ::) ::) ))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 11:50:45 am by YaadPyar »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
%% Uh oh, the dreaded "musical number" monster has reared its head.  I guess it was to be expected.  Pretty soon they'll be filking away at every tune known to man, and I stopped listening to pop songs in the 70's.  I never know the tune to these damn filks!  Oh well, at least I do know "West Side Story."  I'm surprised a whippersnapper like StudDuck does, to tell the truth. %%

((Nursing a top-grade headache, Meryl walks gingerly out of her High Priestess digs, much like Jack does after TS1.))

%% Jeebus, that sun'll blind a person! %%  ((Whips on sunglasses, sinks onto a porch chair))

"Ouch!"

%% Wish I could remember more specifics about last night.  It gets all blurry after Heath and I raided the Feng Shui cabinet and downed all the ceremonial rice wine.  That boy can hold his liquor!  But damn, that chi energy was going strong!  Judging from how I feel when I sit down, I think I owe Sister Celeste and her twinkly balls big-time.  I mean, big-time! %%
Ich bin ein Brokie...