Author Topic: Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)  (Read 9755 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 01:29:46 am »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: BBM BBM BBM BBM BBM BBM
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 05:31:32 am »
I think I'll change the heading of the thread....

The Dr. of Feverology prescribes a ritual reading of A New Clinical Entity: Brokeback Fever. It is posted over on the fanfic & poetry thread for easy access...Enjoy, Elle!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 06:09:58 am »
I'm back at deep BBM obsession level again.  All I want to do is think, read, post, talk BBM.  I've been dreaming about it again, and waking up and going to sleep to it.  And that's without watching the movie.  Who needs the movie at this point?  It's in the DVR of my brain.  Clarissa
I'm with you on that one!! Ever since I got my DVD of BBM I haven't even watched it once entirely.. (only until the reunion kiss - fast-forwarding to it..). It's like I'm keeping away from it, so just that I can enjoy it more intensely the next time (when?) I watch it. But it's engraved in my brain anyway!

And, by the way, after lending it to one of my Irish colleagues, it's now with a Portuguese colleague and after that a Belgian friend will get it.

I'm trying to spread the obsession European-wide!   ;D

~ j U d E
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:11:37 am by JudeW »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 10:21:37 am »
OK, this may sound perverse but I find it comforting to read here that some people have not yet watched their DVDs. I have watched mine-twice, actually--but knowing that some folks haven't watched their copies at all makes me feel a little better for having watched mine only twice--if that makes any sense--like I haven't committed some unspeakable act by not watching.

It's so difficult to make the time to sit down undistracted to watch--plus, Ennis and Jack have become such a part of me, such a part of my inner life, that I don't need to see the film. They are with me always.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 12:17:01 pm »
Last night at 10:30pm, I boldly turned off my computer and went to bed.  It was hard.  It is now morning here, and I just got up, turned on my computer for about half an hour, and now am about to turn it off again until GULP! early afternoon.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but my mother and her little dog too :) are coming to stay with us for TWO MONTHS starting July 3rd.  While the rest of the U.S. will be celebrating FREEDOM, I'll be.....celebrating having my nearest and dearest with me all under one roof. 

I notice that there are others here who live together with their parents.  I look forward to turning to you for wisdom and support.

Clarissa, who really needs to get cracking on all the housework that's piled up around here since December, when Our Boys came to love here too.  Yeah, now that I think about it, Our Boys are perfect guests in my home, heart and head.  They don't expect any housework, or clean towels, dinner, or paid bills.  They just want my undivided attention.  Which (fortunately/unfortunately/fortunately) they have.

Anyway, off to the housework of the last 6 months.  [shudder]

Clarissa

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 02:38:39 pm »
OK, this may sound perverse but I find it comforting to read here that some people have not yet watched their DVDs. I have watched mine-twice, actually--but knowing that some folks haven't watched their copies at all makes me feel a little better for having watched mine only twice--if that makes any sense--like I haven't committed some unspeakable act by not watching.

It's so difficult to make the time to sit down undistracted to watch--plus, Ennis and Jack have become such a part of me, such a part of my inner life, that I don't need to see the film. They are with me always.

Completely agree!

I've watched the DVD through all the way only once, but absolutely love having it.  I don't need to keep watching it these days.  The memory is as strong as the reality, and I really don't seem able to give it the attention I like watching it on DVD...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 02:49:44 pm »
I don't need to watch it anymore, either.  I just want to.  ;)

Like Amanda said, if loving you is wrong, BBM, I don't wanna be right.
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 02:50:46 pm »
Our Boys are perfect guests in my home, heart and head.  They don't expect any housework, or clean towels, dinner, or paid bills.  They just want my undivided attention.  Which (fortunately/unfortunately/fortunately) they have.

How many people's undivided attention do they have? Thousands, millions? They sure have mine. And like you, Clarissa, I have a drawer of unpaid bills and can't think of the last time I went grocery shopping...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 02:55:41 pm »
I have only watched my DVD once or twice all the way thru.   I have popped it in to watch the reunion scene a few times though.   :)

Plus I like to see Jack all dressed in black at the charity dance.   Love the fiddle music that opens that scene too. 

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 02:58:45 pm »
And like you, Clarissa, I have a drawer of unpaid bills and can't think of the last time I went grocery shopping...

LOL.  I fall into this club too.   :laugh: